DCL Fantasy mattress

DisneYE

DIS Veteran
I'd like to buy the same or a similar mattress that the Fantasy has on their SR's

Sorry, I know this has been asked before but I searched the forum and couldn't get an answer.

I know Biscayne Bedding supplies the mattresses for DCL.. I called them and asked the exact model and they told me: It's a mattress model called "Bimini"... Now, they won't sell directly to the customer (plus they don't carry them in stock), but they suggested a number of retailers that do.
All of those retailers are far from me and don't have pictures of the beds on their website.

Is there a mattress model from the usual brands (Sealy, Serta, etc) that is very similar to those in the Fantasy?

If so, has anyone bought them and are you happy with them?

Sorry for the inconsequential question.

Just purchased a couple of mattresses from one of Biscayne Bedding's retailers in FL.
They have them in stock - which is super rare in today's post-covid supply chain.
Supposed to get them this week - and will update on the experience for those interested.

Just purchased a couple of mattresses from one of Biscayne Bedding's retailers in FL.
They have them in stock - which is super rare in today's post-covid supply chain.
Supposed to get them this week - and will update on the experience for those interested.
Yes please do! We’re in the Orlando area and considering purchasing these later this summer.

I'm interested... getting closer to wanting a new one, ours is over a decade old and has divots.

Jut got them and I'm quite impressed with them - seem to be good quality.
They are the same as some of the Disney Cruise SR's we've stayed at (I remember the Tencel logo)

Picture below

Contact link
https://www.3bfurniture.us/en/product/333325-biscayne-bedding-bimini-euro-top-mattress-queen
The owner's name is Chris
800-395-6842

Queen is $990 for the set (with platform/box spring)
King $1,250 the set
$250 for delivery in FL
Not sure if he delivers outside of FL

What impressed me the most is that I got them within 10 days of ordering.
I tried Macy's and a few mattress stores and none had them in stock.. most were 4-6 weeks delivery.

Hopefully they're as comfy as the ones in the Fantasy... we'll report back after a few nights sleep.

IMG_9429.jpg

They are the same as some of the Disney Cruise SR's we've stayed at (I remember the Tencel logo)

Picture below

Contact link
https://www.3bfurniture.us/en/product/333325-biscayne-bedding-bimini-euro-top-mattress-queen
800-395-6842

King $1,250 the set
$250 for delivery in FL

I tried Macy's and a few mattress stores and none had them in stock.. most were 4-6 weeks delivery.

Hopefully they're as comfy as the ones in the Fantasy... we'll report back after a few nights sleep.

View attachment 584709
Yes that looks familiar! Thanks for the update, I will likely be ordering in a few weeks when we return from vacation, I would love an update after you’ve slept on it!

Picture below

Contact link
800-395-6842

King $1,250 the set
$250 for delivery in FL

View attachment 584709
Hi! Do you have any updates on your new mattress? I would love to know how you like it and how it is wearing now that you've had it a couple months. I am in the market for a new mattress and I would love a Disney one. We have the Beautyrest Plush Pillow and we love it, but I have heard so many great things about the Disney Cruiseline mattresses that I am inclined to purchase one this time around. Please send an update about your experience with the mattress if you have a chance. Thank you so much!

Hi! Do you have any updates on your new mattress? I would love to know how you like it and how it is wearing now that you've had it a couple months. I am in the market for a new mattress and I would love a Disney one. We have the Beautyrest Plush Pillow and we love it, but I have heard so many great things about the Disney Cruiseline mattresses that I am inclined to purchase one this time around. Please send an update about your experience with the mattress if you have a chance. Thank you so much!

Hi there... We love them so far...good quality overall... DD15 says everyday it reminds her of the Disney Cruise... I only have one complaint: they are very tall..not sure if they have different sizes of bases/platforms but with the euro plush they are super high... we had to buy another bed frame because the one we had was already tall and with the base+mattress made it hard/weird to get into bed...and I'm over 6'
So if you buy one make sure you have a low frame at home or a headboard with a frame and a low or no base... or check with the supplier if they have different size platforms.. a post above has the supplier's details.. he's close to Miami but he'll deliver anywhere in FL iirc... the main thing that made me buy from him is he had them available 2-3 weeks after we paid.. we checked Macy's and other department stores and deliveries were 2-3 months away... supply chain is insane nowadays for furniture (and other things)

Thank you for posting such a detailed update. I will be sure to request a low profile box spring or I will convert my bed frame to a platform. I am very glad you're enjoying the bed so much and it reminds you of your Disney cruise every day. That's our goal to bring some Disney magic home. Use your new bed in good health and thanks again for checking in.

I would be very interested in any updates on those who purchased the mattress who have had it for a while because my Biscayne Bedding Mattress is less than 4 months old and I am miserable.

Our most recent cruises were 12/2021, 2/2022, 3/2022 and 8/2022 each time we slept on Biscayne Mattress. After March cruise I decided it was time for a new one. I discovered, the model on Disney was Bimini but Biscayne had renamed it to Diamond Euro but materials and construction were the exact same. Biscayne Bedding referred me to Chris (mentioned above) to order. I live in SC and he does ship. I didn't mind ordering online b/c I'd done the math and had recently slept on the mattress 21 nights (we've done more but trying to stay current) and thought that's a pretty good sleep trial and better than anything I'd get in a store! So I ordered the bed in May.

The mattress arrived in June and was ready to sleep on that night. I thought it felt firmer that what I remembered, but it was March that I was last on the bed...so maybe I didn't remember the comfort level correctly. I slept on the mattress and by the 2nd week started to wake up with a stiffness in my lower back. I was CONVINCED it wasn't the mattress....it couldn't be, I'd already slept on this mattress...so thinking it was something else...visited the chiro and started stretching more. One night in week 4 I woke up so stiff that I was in tears, I pulled up my legs to childs pose to stretch lower back but could only do this for so long before my feet would fall asleep from my bent legs.

STILL convinced that it's not the mattress...not even considering it. I up my visits to Chrio from 1 time a week to 2 and spend about 10 min right before getting into bed stretching and start sleeping on my back with pillow under my feet to keep them propped up. Being on my back and keeping my feet propped alleviated some of the pain but it was uncomfortable, and I was unsuccessful getting a good night's sleep.

August 6th we board Disney Fantasy as our farewell to summer vacation. I sat on the bed when we arrived in the room and thought - wow this is so soft and plush.. this is NOT my bed back home. I pulled back sheet to reveal tag and confirmed it's Biscayne Bedding. That night I slept soundly...and woke up with no back pain. By the 3rd night I was sleeping so soundly my mother woke me up in the middle of the night b/c she thought I'd stopped breathing b/c I was so still!! Clearly, I'm alive and well. Woke up on our final Saturday morning and got home Saturday night. I IMMEDIATELY went up to our "Disney" bed and sat on and said - this is NOT the mattress I was sleeping on this morning. It's Firm.

That same evening, I crafted an email to Chris that was very similar to what I'm posting here and explained that the mattress that I have in my home and the one on the boat are absolutely NOT the same mattress. I sent him photo of the tag from the one we were just on and the one I have at home. (I will take a moment to say that I believe Chris is a good man and I enjoyed our exchanges when I was looking to purchase) Chris called me back several days later, he's called the factory, compared the model and confirmed that I have the exact same mattress. He also pointed out that the photo of the one on Fantasy was mfg in 2017 and that's why it was softer.

Now this is where I get confused. The DCL Fantasy mattress that I slept on I would describe as plush. The one I have at home would be a mid Firm. When you buy a plush it should be plush you wouldn't buy a mid firm expecting it to become plush right?

Chris when on to tell me the mattress would take time to adjust. Given that the one on the boat was 5 years my first question was "are you telling me I have to sleep on the mattress for 5 years before I get the comfort level I wanted?!?" His response was "no, but it would take about 120 days!!!" (Everything I found online suggests a couple of weeks). In the end he said there was nothing he could do for me and the warranty doesn't cover comfort. I understand why a warranty wouldn't cover comfort but at the same time I'd SUPPOSEDLY slept on this mattress for a min of 21 days before purchasing so I'm purchasing comfort.

I've moved into the guest room and DH is sleeping alone. Each day I spend 5 min 3x a day walking on the bed in an effort to achieve the comfort I was intent on purchasing. (Anyone in need of an at home cardio that build legs..this is it!) DH isn't a fan of mattress, thinks it's firmer than he would like but not giving him the issue it gave me b/c he's a back sleeper. I'm side and have since learned from Chrio that the firmness is causing pressure points on my hips that are in turn the likely result of the lower back pain. Guest bed isn't causing issues either. (Our bed is King, Guest is Queen or I'd switch them)

I did call factory who was of no help. I explained that if we're going back to June 2017 like the date on the tag then I have slept on Fantasy beginning September 2018-August 2022 6 times which would give me a full 42 days. And while the bed may have been mfg in June they didn't put it on the boat that month so my September cruise the mattress would have been about 3 months old. The factory's excuse was different people had slept on it every night...ok but my husband is sleeping out ours every night and while sizes may be different are your beds mfg in such a way that one-person sleeping on them for a week would alter the comfort level that much??

So, all that being said - maybe it's post covid production. The items may be the same but the quality of what they put in their bed is different. However, if you find the beds on Disney Fantasy to be something you sink into that hug you and provide cushion...then it is unlikely you will get that same feel should you order one now.

I'm still walking on it each day hopeful that when I reach the 120 day mark I will finally realize the comfort I wanted and that Chris promised. If not, then I will have wasted $2400 and will go out in search of something else and this one will have a sleep trial.

I'm sorry you're going through this. I hate contemporary mattress design. I miss old box spring ones that lasted for a long time and weren't so liberally doused in fire retardant.

I would be very interested in any updates on those who purchased the mattress who have had it for a while because my Biscayne Bedding Mattress is less than 4 months old and I am miserable.

Our most recent cruises were 12/2021, 2/2022, 3/2022 and 8/2022 each time we slept on Biscayne Mattress. After March cruise I decided it was time for a new one. I discovered, the model on Disney was Bimini but Biscayne had renamed it to Diamond Euro but materials and construction were the exact same. Biscayne Bedding referred me to Chris (mentioned above) to order. I live in SC and he does ship. I didn't mind ordering online b/c I'd done the math and had recently slept on the mattress 21 nights (we've done more but trying to stay current) and thought that's a pretty good sleep trial and better than anything I'd get in a store! So I ordered the bed in May.

The mattress arrived in June and was ready to sleep on that night. I thought it felt firmer that what I remembered, but it was March that I was last on the bed...so maybe I didn't remember the comfort level correctly. I slept on the mattress and by the 2nd week started to wake up with a stiffness in my lower back. I was CONVINCED it wasn't the mattress....it couldn't be, I'd already slept on this mattress...so thinking it was something else...visited the chiro and started stretching more. One night in week 4 I woke up so stiff that I was in tears, I pulled up my legs to childs pose to stretch lower back but could only do this for so long before my feet would fall asleep from my bent legs.

STILL convinced that it's not the mattress...not even considering it. I up my visits to Chrio from 1 time a week to 2 and spend about 10 min right before getting into bed stretching and start sleeping on my back with pillow under my feet to keep them propped up. Being on my back and keeping my feet propped alleviated some of the pain but it was uncomfortable, and I was unsuccessful getting a good night's sleep.

August 6th we board Disney Fantasy as our farewell to summer vacation. I sat on the bed when we arrived in the room and thought - wow this is so soft and plush.. this is NOT my bed back home. I pulled back sheet to reveal tag and confirmed it's Biscayne Bedding. That night I slept soundly...and woke up with no back pain. By the 3rd night I was sleeping so soundly my mother woke me up in the middle of the night b/c she thought I'd stopped breathing b/c I was so still!! Clearly, I'm alive and well. Woke up on our final Saturday morning and got home Saturday night. I IMMEDIATELY went up to our "Disney" bed and sat on and said - this is NOT the mattress I was sleeping on this morning. It's Firm.

That same evening, I crafted an email to Chris that was very similar to what I'm posting here and explained that the mattress that I have in my home and the one on the boat are absolutely NOT the same mattress. I sent him photo of the tag from the one we were just on and the one I have at home. (I will take a moment to say that I believe Chris is a good man and I enjoyed our exchanges when I was looking to purchase) Chris called me back several days later, he's called the factory, compared the model and confirmed that I have the exact same mattress. He also pointed out that the photo of the one on Fantasy was mfg in 2017 and that's why it was softer.

Now this is where I get confused. The DCL Fantasy mattress that I slept on I would describe as plush. The one I have at home would be a mid Firm. When you buy a plush it should be plush you wouldn't buy a mid firm expecting it to become plush right?

Chris when on to tell me the mattress would take time to adjust. Given that the one on the boat was 5 years my first question was "are you telling me I have to sleep on the mattress for 5 years before I get the comfort level I wanted?!?" His response was "no, but it would take about 120 days!!!" (Everything I found online suggests a couple of weeks). In the end he said there was nothing he could do for me and the warranty doesn't cover comfort. I understand why a warranty wouldn't cover comfort but at the same time I'd SUPPOSEDLY slept on this mattress for a min of 21 days before purchasing so I'm purchasing comfort.

I've moved into the guest room and DH is sleeping alone. Each day I spend 5 min 3x a day walking on the bed in an effort to achieve the comfort I was intent on purchasing. (Anyone in need of an at home cardio that build legs..this is it!) DH isn't a fan of mattress, thinks it's firmer than he would like but not giving him the issue it gave me b/c he's a back sleeper. I'm side and have since learned from Chrio that the firmness is causing pressure points on my hips that are in turn the likely result of the lower back pain. Guest bed isn't causing issues either. (Our bed is King, Guest is Queen or I'd switch them)

I did call factory who was of no help. I explained that if we're going back to June 2017 like the date on the tag then I have slept on Fantasy beginning September 2018-August 2022 6 times which would give me a full 42 days. And while the bed may have been mfg in June they didn't put it on the boat that month so my September cruise the mattress would have been about 3 months old. The factory's excuse was different people had slept on it every night...ok but my husband is sleeping out ours every night and while sizes may be different are your beds mfg in such a way that one-person sleeping on them for a week would alter the comfort level that much??

So, all that being said - maybe it's post covid production. The items may be the same but the quality of what they put in their bed is different. However, if you find the beds on Disney Fantasy to be something you sink into that hug you and provide cushion...then it is unlikely you will get that same feel should you order one now.

I'm still walking on it each day hopeful that when I reach the 120 day mark I will finally realize the comfort I wanted and that Chris promised. If not, then I will have wasted $2400 and will go out in search of something else and this one will have a sleep trial.

Hi there... OP here.
I purchased 4 mattresses from Chris a little over a year ago.
After a year - all I can say is: you are right... also: buyer beware.
These are indeed NOT the same mattresses as DCL's. They look the same, have a similar tag, seemingly made by the same company (Biscayne) but they're still super firm. We recently sailed on the Fantasy and the Wish and the mattresses there are 100% different than what we have. They are plushier, softer, 10x comfier.
The mattresses that we got from Chris are not horrible, they are mildly comfortable but they are super FIRM. After a year they aren't any softer.
And here's something worse (be ready to see this soon on your mattress):
3 out of 4 mattresses have developed a bulge. Some bigger than others. They are very visible even when the bed is fully made. And you can't flip them as you normally would a regular mattress because of the euro top.
I am currently traveling for work but when I get back I plan on contacting Chris to see what he can do.
I can't recall what the warranty is but the firmness doesn't bother me as much as the bulge.. both issues are pretty annoying.
I regret having purchased them and will update here when I get back home and communicate with both Chris and Biscayne.
Hashtag Disappointed/ Hashtag Ripoff.

Hi there... OP here.
These are indeed NOT the same mattresses as DCL's. They look the same, have a similar tag, seemingly made by the same company (Biscayne) but they're still super firm. We recently sailed on the Fantasy and the Wish and the mattresses there are 100% different than what we have. They are plushier, softer, 10x comfier.
The mattresses that we got from Chris are not horrible, they are mildly comfortable but they are super FIRM. After a year they aren't any softer.
3 out of 4 mattresses have developed a bulge. Some bigger than others. They are very visible even when the bed is fully made. And you can't flip them as you normally would a regular mattress because of the euro top.
I am currently traveling for work but when I get back I plan on contacting Chris to see what he can do.
I can't recall what the warranty is but the firmness doesn't bother me as much as the bulge.. both issues are pretty annoying.
I regret having purchased them and will update here when I get back home and communicate with both Chris and Biscayne.
Thanks for sharing this info. If you haven't added a note about this to your first post, that would be a nice thing to do, too.

Hi there... OP here.
Thank you SO much for sharing this and I can't tell you how much I appreciate the information (and the validation!).

I've seen no change, despite following Chris' instructions. Based on the email I sent him on Aug 23rd recapping our conversation, I was going to follow up Mid-October if the bed wasn't to the level of comfort I had intended to purchase. It is because of that I've held off logging a review on Google as well as making any formal complaint to BBB.

It's so upsetting to be misled in this way. I'll be curious about what happens next for you - sounds like that bulge is a manufacturing issue and should be addressed in the warranty. If I recall, what Chris told me was that all warranty claims are handled directly with the mfg company so you'll probably want to reach out to them directly with the issue.

Please keep me posted!

Thank you SO much for sharing this and I can't tell you how much I appreciate the information (and the validation!).

I've seen no change, despite following Chris' instructions. Based on the email I sent him on Aug 23rd recapping our conversation, I was going to follow up Mid-October if the bed wasn't to the level of comfort I had intended to purchase. It is because of that I've held off logging a review on Google as well as making any formal complaint to BBB.

It's so upsetting to be misled in this way. I'll be curious about what happens next for you - sounds like that bulge is a manufacturing issue and should be addressed in the warranty. If I recall, what Chris told me was that all warranty claims are handled directly with the mfg company so you'll probably want to reach out to them directly with the issue.

Please keep me posted!

YW. I emailed Chris last week and no response so far.
If he doesn't respond I'll contact the manufacturer to let them know. If that doesn't work I will escalate further.
Will keep you posted. I'm having major buyer regrets.

Hi, I'm not sure how much this will help, but I just was at my sister's home for a week, and the bed in her guest room was SUPER Firm. Really caused some pressure-point pain (I'm a side-sleeper, also). I mentioned it to her, and she ran out and bought a Tempur-Pedic Memory foam topper, and let me tell you, it made all the difference in the world. It *does* make the bed even taller, but really, really helped. Bed, Bath and Beyond currently has them on sale. It's not as good as getting your money back or a new mattress, but if they can't help you, this is an option.

Sayhello

YW. I emailed Chris last week and no response so far.
If he doesn't respond I'll contact the manufacturer to let them know. If that doesn't work I will escalate further.
Will keep you posted. I'm having major buyer regrets.
Is there any update on this? I called about the mattress we slept on while on the Wish, and was directed to the Diamond Euro Top as well.

Is there any update on this? I called about the mattress we slept on while on the Wish, and was directed to the Diamond Euro Top as well.
I'm not too sure if DisneYE got any resolution but I will strongly advise you not to buy it.

I'm nearing the end of my 8th month sleeping on this mattress, and it is absolutely nothing like the one we've slept on so many times on the boat. Chris has said it would soften up - it never has.

While my full review is above here's the update. I purchased a 5-inch gel infused foam topper for $150. That made the bed "sleepable" and more like what I thought I was buying. It has been almost 8 months since purchase so yesterday when changing the sheets I thought, let's remove the foam topper and see if there is any difference as Chris has said there would be. There wasn't and after an hour of tossing and turning I got up and put the topper back on the bed.

Now, you might think with a topper that thick the mattress wouldn't have a chance to loosen and soften like Chris said it would. But I would also add that we have that tell tell hump in the middle that shows the "trenches" where 2 people have slept. So, we've had enough weight to create that change in the mattress but still it is FIRM and not at all in a good way, at least not for a side sleeper.

It's President's day so my advice go out and find a mattress that you can test that is on sale or try the $150 gel infused foam topper on top of the mattress you have now.

I will be curious to see if DisneYE got any resolution. When I called the manufacturer they said "we don't warranty comfort" which is EXACTLY what I buying for $2400....or THOUGHT I was buying b/c they never delivered the mattress I spent 40+ days sleeping on.

Buyer Beware

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter