DCL Europe Summer 2022 approaching - what are you doing?

The sailings were empty before this change. There has been a lot of availability for months. My guess is they'll be dropping some GT, MTO, CM, and TA rates in an effort to fill up the sailings. I still would not expect the sailings to be very full. Other cruise lines are struggling to sell their Europeans cruises too. I think what would increase bookings would be the US dropping the testing requirement to return home.
I agree. Testing requirements (both to get on ship and to return to US) with the possibility of a positive test while abroad caused us to switch from a Greek Isles cruise to a US based one back in December. We basically switched early enough to get low airfare near opening day, and DVC reservations for the 2 days pre-cruise at Vero beach and a week at Disney World after the cruise.

Does anyone think the new itineraries will make the ships less full? I know Disney will sell as many staterooms as they can, but I'm current reservations will be canceled. I noticed that there is now a concierge stateroom available for the August 10th cruise that wasn't available before.
I truly hope so, the less passengers the better.

Out of interest for anyone on either of these cruises and in groups for them - what’s been the general reaction? Are there a lot of cancellations?
I’m on the Facebook 8/10 cruise group, and I’ve seen people drop out almost daily. I actually like the new ports. This is our first Northern European cruise, so I think Disney did a good job finding replacements.

It looks like DCL dropped some GT rates on just about every European cruise. My crystal ball must have been working this morning.

It looks like DCL dropped some GT rates on just about every European cruise. My crystal ball must have been working this morning.
Ooh. My cruise has some GT rates. The VGT rate is a bit more than half of what we currently have (Family Delyxe Verandah) the savings are great, but gosh I wanted the extra room so my kids (15 & 11) don’t kill each other. Hmm. Decisions.

How likely is it to get connecting rooms if you book two VGT rooms?

Ooh. My cruise has some GT rates. The VGT rate is a bit more than half of what we currently have (Family Delyxe Verandah) the savings are great, but gosh I wanted the extra room so my kids (15 & 11) don’t kill each other. Hmm. Decisions.

I’ve always have gotten connecting when I’ve booked two guaranteed discounted rooms. DCL is really good about making the effort and with the cruise being so empty I can’t see it being an issue. I don’t think the extra room in a family verandah is even that noticeable. I wouldn’t spend thousands on a few extra feet.

I just got off the phone with a very helpful CM. She said they don’t look at castaway club status at all but do look at family size when assigning rooms.

Not the TAs or the longer (8+ night) Med cruises, except the 9-night itineraries have IGT rates only. I didn't check the shorter ones.

I'm kind of surprised; it looks like there are lots of rooms still open on the 12- night Med. But I guess DCL can't be too unhappy with booking levels on those cruises.

Not the TAs or the longer (8+ night) Med cruises, except the 9-night itineraries have IGT rates only. I didn't check the shorter ones.

I'm kind of surprised; it looks like there are lots of rooms still open on the 12- night Med. But I guess DCL can't be too unhappy with booking levels on those cruises.
Norwegian Fjords doesn’t have any but the following cruise (British Isles) does. The Norwegian one kept disappearing for a while so wonder if it’s close to full.

Because loyal guests are already loyal and pixie dusting newbies gets them hooked. Disney isn't really known for rewarding loyalty.
Exactly why I wasn't surprised. Maybe it took me off guard a CM explained how this really worked (and why).

Lol looks like our 40 percent off just got a little less valuable. Still significantly cheaper than the gt though.

Mildly infuriating they don't look at both. I'm not surprised since this is Disney, but why would they not make sure loyal guest get the best stateroom assignments?
Disney doesn't like their repeat customers.

They've always treated us fine... I honestly think doing it by family size makes the most sense. If they only have so many larger rooms though and family size is the same I would hope they give it to those who have more cruises under their belts, but I doubt their IT can query by more than one thing at a time given how bad it is...

I had the 7/30 Northern Europe booked, but cancelled it about 3 weeks ago. I had booked it with OBB and FCC and my inside stateroom for 2 was $8300, now the IGT is $6500. That is a very substantial discount over the original exorbitant price. I'm very glad I cancelled because we really had booked it for St. Petersburg and it was just way too expensive to keep without that.

We just cancelled the Aug 10th, the new port itinerary is just not worth the cost for us and DCL are not giving any sweetener or OBC for us to ‘suck it up’ with!

Booked Aug 28th. Better Cat. Interesting stops, no flights now as from Dover, no two nights in a hotel in Copenhagen, refund of £596. Win win.

We just cancelled the Aug 10th, the new port itinerary is just not worth the cost for us and DCL are not giving any sweetener or OBC for us to ‘suck it up’ with!

Booked Aug 28th. Better Cat. Interesting stops, no flights now as from Dover, no two nights in a hotel in Copenhagen, refund of £596. Win win.
I would definitely do the 28th over the 10th. I think it's a little easier booking airfare into London too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter