DBP too good to be true?

tltay2005

DIS Veteran
OK, we never buy the deluxe beverage package because I am not a big drinker and husband only drinks beer and we do not drink sodas....but last night I saw where it was only $18 PP per day. That was too good to pass up so I bit the bullet and bought it. I know I still will not drink that much alcohol, but will enjoy a specialty coffee or virgin frozen drink where before I wouldn't have. Now, question is was it a fluke, was the pricing wrong? I got an email confirmation (attached) so only time will tell if RCL comes back later and says it was an error. If they do, I will cancel. Anyone else snag this deal?

Attachments

• RCL bev.pdf
    85.3 KB · Views: 9
I snagged it as well last night for my April 2020 cruise on the Harmony. However, from what I've seen this morning in Facebook groups, it appears there is very conflicting information. Some people are reporting CS reps are saying RCL will honor the $18 price mistake and others are saying there will be a cancellation and full refund. Right now, it is a toss-up as to what will happen.

RCL has already started sending out emails and refunds. They are not honoring the mistake. It was a glitch and anyone who purchased at $18 is being refund. At least that is what the status was a few minutes ago.

Either way, I will be ok with the decision. Honestly it would probably be for the best for my waistline if they cancelled it, lol. I know those frozen mixed drinks (even the virgin ones) pack a wallop of calories. If I don't have the package, I won't get them.

I snagged the "deal" myself. I'm not much of a drinker either (might have 1 cocktail a day) but I liked the idea of not having to worry about how much I was spending on drinks every day (maybe I wanted a second soda or an iced coffee for breakfast and a couple bottled waters for excursions). Now my husband on the other hand, he'd get his $18 worth by lunch every day.

I'm prepared if it gets cancelled and I realize it was a mistake but my biggest gripe is that they knew there was an issue yesterday and they did nothing to fix it. I honestly think this could be a nightmare for them if they cancel all the orders. I think a nice alternative might be a beverage credit of some sort per day. I know it says in the terms they can cancel but it would be really, really bad PR for them.

I'm prepared if it gets cancelled and I realize it was a mistake but my biggest gripe is that they knew there was an issue yesterday and they did nothing to fix it. I honestly think this could be a nightmare for them if they cancel all the orders. I think a nice alternative might be a beverage credit of some sort per day. I know it says in the terms they can cancel but it would be really, really bad PR for them.

+1 Agreed. People were reportedly still getting the $18 deal this morning so it apparently wasn't "that big" of an issue for RCCL to immediately correct which does bother me.

I wish this drink deal was applicable for 2019 sailings! We have the Refreshment package for $20 but it would be awesome to get in on this deal!

Yeah, we caught the deal last night too. We'll wait for the refund. I'm so disappointed.

I wish this drink deal was applicable for 2019 sailings! We have the Refreshment package for $20 but it would be awesome to get in on this deal!

It was not a real deal. It was just a glitch and they'll refund everyone who booked at that price.

EDIT: RCCL had a change of heart and decided to honor the bookings.

Last edited:
I also booked it. For us, it was a great deal as we are in a 2 bedroom suite on our 2020 cruise and are required to get the package for all adults in party. My mother doesn't drink really but for $18 a day, I knew she'd drink maybe one drink at dinner and a ton of bottled water & soda.

Now I'm going to have to really think about if I am going to spend that money on a package. In the end, they may end up with less of my money by canceling.

I'm also curious if they are going to cancel the Soda + Voom kids deal from yesterday too. I got that for my daughter at $8.99 a day. That was the same price as just the soda package alone.

+1 Agreed. People were reportedly still getting the $18 deal this morning so it apparently wasn't "that big" of an issue for RCCL to immediately correct which does bother me.

I tried to book last night, and the deal was available, but when I added it to my cart - the higher pricing appeared.

I have not receive that email. :( That being said, it sounds legit. So excited!

Last edited:
I have not receive that email. :(

I saw at least one person call in because they did not get the email. The representative confirmed they do have the package. I imagine if it is not canceled for you and still shows under your reservation, you got to keep it.

I saw at least one person call in because they did not get the email. The representative confirmed they do have the package. I imagine if it is not canceled for you and still shows under your reservation, you got to keep it.

It does. I just checked. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter