Nickylv

DIS Veteran
Leaving Hilton head Island and head to our next destination. St Augustine Fl.
Got up early and sat out on the porch one more time before packing and leaving.
We packed the car and said goodby to our 1st part of our vacation.
Disneys Hilton Head Island Resort was a great place to start our vacation. Relax and unwind, wish we made our stay longer. So many things we could have done but we were just getting the lay of the land. My bags are packed I’m ready to go, some how that would make a good song lyric… maybe if I were standing here outside your door…..hate to wake you up to say good-bye…won’t be leaving on a jet plane, we will be driving….alright I’ll stop.
Anyway we are getting ready for a 4 hour drive but first we are stopping at the Palmetto Bay Sunrise Cafe for breakfast. And for a Thursday morning at 11am it’s packed, not to get off the subject but if you go out to dinner on Hilton Head Island check to see if they accept reservations, if they do please make them, all the restaurants are either fully booked or have a long wait. Does anyone cook anymore? Back to the cafe, brunch was very good and now the loooooonnnnnnggggg drive to Florida. Guess you can tell I’m not really a long distant drive lover, I would rather sit on a plane and let them take me to where I want to go, and much quicker.
Well it’s now 4:00pm and we made it to our beach front VRBO rental. Unloading the car was a chore good thing there is an elevator. The place is on the 3rd floor and is a really nice 3 bedroom, living room, dining room, kitchen, 2 bathrooms, and of course you guessed it…. a porch right ON the beach. Guess where we will be spending our days and nights. At 5:30 we ran out to our favorite 1st day go to restaurant that never disappoints. Sunset Grill just a few walking distant blocks from our place. Food and service was excellent as always. We ate on the outdoor roof top dining area which is our favorite place to eat. We both had crab bisque which is award winning, buffalo cauliflower and bang-bang shrimp. We could only eat half but we now have a snack for later. We ordered nachos to go and finished our Ice cold beers (after 5:00 oclock again) and walked back to our place. Time to unpack, get situated for some shut eye, but first we sit on the porch with the full moon lighting up the ocean, how relaxing just listening to the waves crash on the beach. Well again sleepy time is soon to arrive…. We’ll be back tomorrow… to be continued…….

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter