- Nov 15, 2008
I think the issue is that under current renters there is no mention of you having to re rent points or return funds. You really are simply out the 30%.Here is the response:
1. If the resorts close again, we will inquire if you would be able to/willing to assist in either returning the 70% that has been paid out, or re-renting the points should DVC choose to return them.
2. Your points are being rented under the old Intermediary Agreement. With everything that has taken place during this pandemic, we have had to make some adjustments to the contracts, however your points will not fall under the new Intermediary Agreement unless you list them again. Re-rental of your points also falls under the old Intermediary Agreement as this is what they were agreed upon with.
With that being said, if we find a family to successfully take over the booking, their Rental Agreement would be under the new agreement, which can be found in the link below. The only portion that has changed for the Rental Agreement is that we have added a Force Majeure clearly defining that the guests will receive a travel credit under such circumstances. In the event of a Force Majeure, we would ask what is mentioned above in point #1, either returning the 70% already paid out, or re-renting the points that have been returned from the resort closure.
3. As long as the reservation remains in good standing and the resort is open and available for guests to use, it does not matter whether the reservation is resold to another family or not, the remaining 30% would be paid out on the scheduled date of check-in. The additional $2/pt would be paid upon making the modification and the new family making payment, not on the date of check-in but before!
I am not really sure what to do. In once instance, the reservation is only a couple of weeks away so I don't think resorts will be closing. However, I DO NOT want to be stuck holding the bag should something go sideways. In another instance, I do want to help the original renters as much as possible.
However, I agree the chances of closing are slim. But a new agreement. iMO, puts you into a position to have to refund or rent again.
The current one gives you options. With the rental in August, though, it might be worth the risk because it is so close to today’s date.