• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

DAS fyi

Please have them report their experience. That CM needs to be retrained.
They called in to the help line and reported what occurred and how it was very different from their previous DAS experience. They also mentioned the CM by name, so hopefully something is done to prevent this from happening to future guests. I agree she definitely needs some retraining (if not worse).

Last edited:
Crazy, I had the same experience! I pushed back and mentioned that I'd already purchased Genie + so I wasn't trying to "skip the lines for free" and that with my diagnosis, the initial symptom I mentioned is just one of several...it was like a switch flipped when I mentioned my diagnosis and all of a sudden, I had DAS, advanced selections, and helpful advice about how to deal with other situations that exacerbate my symptoms. I don't know if it was Selene; I can't remember the name. I didn't save the chat, either. :(

Just as head’s up - I was there summer of 2021. We had a DAS, but this is what we had to do at Haunted Mansion. It was cast assisted, but this is exactly what happened. So, I don’t think it’s cast members making life difficult so much as actual procedure.

Just as head’s up - I was there summer of 2021. We had a DAS, but this is what we had to do at Haunted Mansion. It was cast assisted, but this is exactly what happened. So, I don’t think it’s cast members making life difficult so much as actual procedure.
I don’t know why they would have had you do this for just this ride, but it is absolutely not actual procedure. My daughter has had DAS for 10 years.

It's definitely not procedure. Disneyland has recently updated their guest behavior policy online and it explicitly mentions line jumping and holding places in line as not permitted.

Seline needs to be terminated. It sounds like she is doing this just to mess with people.
Pretty sure all the customer service cast on the phone at Disney use multiple names, variations on names, etc

Pretty sure all the customer service cast on the phone at Disney use multiple names, variations on names, etc
I've always heard they use the same name, but not necessarily their own. So if there's already a Mary, a new phone CM called Mary would have to go by a different name.

I've always heard they use the same name, but not necessarily their own. So if there's already a Mary, a new phone CM called Mary would have to go by a different name.
Last year when I stayed at the Starcuiser, I got disconnected and the same person answered with a different name when I called back. It was slightly awkward because I thought I was hearing things, but they confirmed we had just spoken when I mentioned it and picked up where we left off. They do have their own dedicated phone line though, so maybe it was a one off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter