• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

D23 EXPO THREAD - See you in 2019!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did everyone see the newly announced small panels?

Ducktales and Tangled Q&A. Also Descendants 2 stars will be on hand Friday.
I just hope Jeremy Jordan does his own meet and greet. I absolutely loved him as Jack Kelly in Disney's Broadway Show, Newsies! I can't wait to own that musical for the rest of my life in a couple days. :)

Dangit ... Duck Tales Panel. Think I'll have to throw my wife a bone on that one. She freaking loves Kate Mucchi

I have to say, I get wanting to go to the big presentations, but I think the small panels are more interesting. In the big panels, it's all stuff you're going to see/learn eventually. Yes, you might be the first to see a clip of a new movie, but eventually everyone will see it. The small panels, however, are stuff you might never see again. The 60 Years of Imagineering panel last year had some serious Imagineer heavyweights (Marty Sklar, Richard Sherman, Tony Baxter) just talking about their personal experiences working for Disney. The Jungle Cruise one had John Lasseter talking about his experiences. The smaller panels are more special, to me, because it's not information you'll learn about the next day anyway. But that's just my opinion. I wish I could do everything honestly.

Agreed. In my first expo (2011?), I went to one on the history of It's a Small World. Richard Sherman and Alice Davis were among the panelists. They told a lot of stories about Walt and then Richard Sherman led everyone in singing It's a Small World.

Animation was full last year, but I probably got on that line "only" 2-2 1/2 hours before, I walked around the floor first, maybe went into Dreamstore, cannot remember exactly. I know I walked around and went into the Avatar exhibit, Imagineering. Animation panel was quite entertaining in 2015.

It WAS possible to do both Live Action and Parks last year, we did it. We were seated near back of Live Action, group C. We RAN. I think actually I ran, my friend is not fleet of foot. She joined me as soon as she could, maybe 5-10 minutes later. IF you try this, and I may try it again, you have to really dash. Do not stop for any reason, like bathrooms or food. Last year, we had to re-exit to outside the building, and file back into the basement holding area. Once there, you can settle in, run for food, bathrooms, etc.

Who knows what will happen this year. I am hearing that people think Live Action line will be much earlier, because of the Comic Con being scheduled so close, is expected to bump up the live action crowd. I am undecided. i was ok arriving at 4 am. But 1 am? Not sure about that. Might still go at 4 am, and if it is full, do the floor, smaller panel, and line up for parks. Ugh.

I love the big panels, but my favorites have also included small panels. Voices of the Parks (!), Monsters University, Little Mermaid ride, new Star Tours, Carsland, Pixar panels, these stand out in my mind. And the Merrie Melodies concert from last time. OUAT. Disneyland Hotel history. I look forward to seeing the whole lineup. I would absolutely prioritize a Agents of SHIELD panel, but they go to Comic Con, not D23. (They have never had a Marvel or Star Wars panel, that I can remember? ) Maybe they will have a Pandora panel, that would be great, too.

Agreed. Last expo, I didn't do any large panels and I had a great time. I'm still undecided about this year. I may not decide until the night before. I can promise you I'm not getting there at 1am. I like to enjoy the expo and not be wiped out so that I can get into one panel.

There was an Expo where there was an over-flow area with the big panels broadcast - I think I remember seeing it in 2013 (?) and it wasn't popular or filled. I haven't seen it again.

I can't remember that year it was. I feel like it was 2011, because that was the year I went to all of the large panels, so I didn't take advantage of it. The next time, I wanted to do it and it wasn't there.

Did everyone see the newly announced small panels?

Ducktales and Tangled Q&A. Also Descendants 2 stars will be on hand Friday.

I am ridiculously excited about the Tangled panel. I LOVE Tangled...and Mandy Moore...and Zachary Levi! I know it will be about Tangled, but I'm a huge fan of Chuck as well!

Does anyone know how much the convention discounted tickets will cost? Do they offer just the twilight ones or full day tickets as well. I haven't received any emails about discounted tickets yet but I've heard that others have got them.

What forms of payment are accepted at the Expo? I am assuming cash, credit cards...
Do they accept Disney gift cards?
TIA!

@wilkeliza I filled out the RSP form this weekend - the email confirmation I received says my credit card won't be charged until on or around June 28th for the items. I can explain more in a PM, if you want.

@queenofheartsfan Per the Things to Know section, Credit Cards and Travelers Checks but no Disney Gift Cards. That, of course, could change and depend on the store.
Things to Know - Payment Information

At the last Expo, certain stores (e.g. The Dream Store, The Disney Store) did accept Disney gift cards. Don't remember if Mickey's of Glendale did, but wouldn't be surprised if they didn't. The vendors in the marketplace did not, of course, since they were all independent and not Disney owned.
I was able to keep mostly within my budget thanks to those gift cards!

Has anyone done these album signings before? Are the costs for items inflated a lot? Have they had vinyl records for purchase in the past? Is there an additional cost on top of the merchandise purchase for the autograph?

I'm very excited for Michael Giacchino, Tyler Bates and Auli'i Cravahlo!

I'm curious about this as well.

@wilkeliza The PM wouldn't go through, but everything clearly states that no charges will go through until June 28th. You can also go in and add merchandise or alter your RSP until it closes. :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter