D23 EXPO THREAD - See you in 2019!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a chance. It might be the last D23 before Star Wars Land opens as well. I think we might be getting an EPCOT announcement, but that is just me.
Is my logic correct?

The parks and resorts panel will end up on YouTube but Live Action will not as it is more sealed?

Here's a random question...I know at Star Wars Celebration, it looked like people were able to watch the big panels from outside the theater on a screen. Does D23 do that?

I don't remember them doing that. Star Wars Celebration is run by Reed Pop not Disney. In 2013 they had a streaming room but I don't think they did in 2015.

Here's a random question...I know at Star Wars Celebration, it looked like people were able to watch the big panels from outside the theater on a screen. Does D23 do that?
I know they don't for Animation nor Live Action... because your phones and cameras must be sealed and put away during these panels.

I have to say, I get wanting to go to the big presentations, but I think the small panels are more interesting. In the big panels, it's all stuff you're going to see/learn eventually. Yes, you might be the first to see a clip of a new movie, but eventually everyone will see it. The small panels, however, are stuff you might never see again. The 60 Years of Imagineering panel last year had some serious Imagineer heavyweights (Marty Sklar, Richard Sherman, Tony Baxter) just talking about their personal experiences working for Disney. The Jungle Cruise one had John Lasseter talking about his experiences. The smaller panels are more special, to me, because it's not information you'll learn about the next day anyway. But that's just my opinion. I wish I could do everything honestly.

I have to say, I get wanting to go to the big presentations, but I think the small panels are more interesting. In the big panels, it's all stuff you're going to see/learn eventually. Yes, you might be the first to see a clip of a new movie, but eventually everyone will see it. The small panels, however, are stuff you might never see again. The 60 Years of Imagineering panel last year had some serious Imagineer heavyweights (Marty Sklar, Richard Sherman, Tony Baxter) just talking about their personal experiences working for Disney. The Jungle Cruise one had John Lasseter talking about his experiences. The smaller panels are more special, to me, because it's not information you'll learn about the next day anyway. But that's just my opinion. I wish I could do everything honestly.
Have you ever gone to the DCL/DVC/ABD panel? I would be interested in that with the new ships coming out. Is it hard to get into? Do you know what day that happens? I think I saw someone mention this panel a couple pages back. That's the only small panel at this time that I know I would want to see.

Thank you so much! I will most definitely be taking your words to heart! Those are the moments I want... Animation Panel is my big big Panel... the one I want to attend the most as I am an animator. Legends I'd also love to go to... those are my top two.

Can't wait to see the full schedule for the smaller panels. Hopefully there will be a few that will be on my must do list... like the Pixar Panel from 2013, or the Women of Pixar Panel, the OUAT Panel, etc...

Have you ever gone to the DCL/DVC/ABD panel? I would be interested in that with the new ships coming out. Is it hard to get into? Do you know what day that happens? I think I saw someone mention this panel a couple pages back. That's the only small panel at this time that I know I would want to see.

I haven't been to that one.

Thank you so much! I will most definitely be taking your words to heart! Those are the moments I want... Animation Panel is my big big Panel... the one I want to attend the most as I am an animator. Legends I'd also love to go to... those are my top two.

Can't wait to see the full schedule for the smaller panels. Hopefully there will be a few that will be on my must do list... like the Pixar Panel from 2013, or the Women of Pixar Panel, the OUAT Panel, etc...

I'm hoping for some good smaller panels too. Last time I went to 60 Years of Imagineering, OUAT, and Destination D. 60 Years of Imagineering was by far my favorite thing I did at D23 that year. I would have loved to have gone to Inside Out and Jungle Cruise, but you just can't do everything.

Animation was full last year, but I probably got on that line "only" 2-2 1/2 hours before, I walked around the floor first, maybe went into Dreamstore, cannot remember exactly. I know I walked around and went into the Avatar exhibit, Imagineering. Animation panel was quite entertaining in 2015.

It WAS possible to do both Live Action and Parks last year, we did it. We were seated near back of Live Action, group C. We RAN. I think actually I ran, my friend is not fleet of foot. She joined me as soon as she could, maybe 5-10 minutes later. IF you try this, and I may try it again, you have to really dash. Do not stop for any reason, like bathrooms or food. Last year, we had to re-exit to outside the building, and file back into the basement holding area. Once there, you can settle in, run for food, bathrooms, etc.

Who knows what will happen this year. I am hearing that people think Live Action line will be much earlier, because of the Comic Con being scheduled so close, is expected to bump up the live action crowd. I am undecided. i was ok arriving at 4 am. But 1 am? Not sure about that. Might still go at 4 am, and if it is full, do the floor, smaller panel, and line up for parks. Ugh.

I love the big panels, but my favorites have also included small panels. Voices of the Parks (!), Monsters University, Little Mermaid ride, new Star Tours, Carsland, Pixar panels, these stand out in my mind. And the Merrie Melodies concert from last time. OUAT. Disneyland Hotel history. I look forward to seeing the whole lineup. I would absolutely prioritize a Agents of SHIELD panel, but they go to Comic Con, not D23. (They have never had a Marvel or Star Wars panel, that I can remember? ) Maybe they will have a Pandora panel, that would be great, too.

Animation was full last year, but I probably got on that line "only" 2-2 1/2 hours before, I walked around the floor first, maybe went into Dreamstore, cannot remember exactly. I know I walked around and went into the Avatar exhibit, Imagineering. Animation panel was quite entertaining in 2015.

It WAS possible to do both Live Action and Parks last year, we did it. We were seated near back of Live Action, group C. We RAN. I think actually I ran, my friend is not fleet of foot. She joined me as soon as she could, maybe 5-10 minutes later. IF you try this, and I may try it again, you have to really dash. Do not stop for any reason, like bathrooms or food. Last year, we had to re-exit to outside the building, and file back into the basement holding area. Once there, you can settle in, run for food, bathrooms, etc.

Who knows what will happen this year. I am hearing that people think Live Action line will be much earlier, because of the Comic Con being scheduled so close, is expected to bump up the live action crowd. I am undecided. i was ok arriving at 4 am. But 1 am? Not sure about that. Might still go at 4 am, and if it is full, do the floor, smaller panel, and line up for parks. Ugh.

I love the big panels, but my favorites have also included small panels. Voices of the Parks (!), Monsters University, Little Mermaid ride, new Star Tours, Carsland, Pixar panels, these stand out in my mind. And the Merrie Melodies concert from last time. OUAT. Disneyland Hotel history. I look forward to seeing the whole lineup. I would absolutely prioritize a Agents of SHIELD panel, but they go to Comic Con, not D23. (They have never had a Marvel or Star Wars panel, that I can remember? ) Maybe they will have a Pandora panel, that would be great, too.
How easy is it to get into a small panel? Say I wanted to wait and get a wristband, would it be possible to make it to Legends, and Parks and Resorts?

There was an Expo where there was an over-flow area with the big panels broadcast - I think I remember seeing it in 2013 (?) and it wasn't popular or filled. I haven't seen it again.

There was a Cruise Line/AbD/Vacation Club panel in 2015. They offer different panels in different years, in 2013 they offered a panel devoted to Aulani. The combined panel in 2015 was on Sunday, the Aulani panel in 2013 was Friday. So until they announce the schedule, there is not way of knowing if they will offer something similar or when it will be. The smaller panels are popular, even with Stage Pass.

Yeah ... the more I read, the more I'm convinced. The only "big" panel I'm going to ever try to go to is Parks and Resorts. From there I'm going to focus on the floor and the smaller panels. I figure I'll see more than way and likely take away memories of stuff other than line survival tips.

I did that one! We got stage passes for it so didn't show up too early. IT was 100% full though with Stage pass because they promised a give away. Only the first 100 people go the give away but since it was written in the show notes everyone wanted it. It was a fun panel and we got to hear Joe Rhode talk about Aulani and then we got to hear about the new DVC resorts and adventures by Disney offerings.

Small panels can be hard to get into. It depends on popularity, and how big the room is. Some are available with Stage Pass. However if you are in a large morning presentation, or waiting for one, you may not be able to get a stage pass. They usually let out, AFTER the Stage pass distribution. Last time, they distributed 2 rounds of stage passes, at 2 different times. The earliest panels, no stage passes were given out. I have gotten into small ones on stand by, about 50% of the time.

I am getting excited! Looking forward to the smaller panel announcements.

Did everyone see the newly announced small panels?

Ducktales and Tangled Q&A. Also Descendants 2 stars will be on hand Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter