D23 Expo September 9-11, 2022 Superthread **Updates in Posts 2 & 3**

Last expo they were during specific time slots and the times were available before the reservation system opened.
I can see everything offered on the reservation system on the detail schedule accept the Signing's under Show Floor Experiences. For example, I have signed up for the Marvel Studios Visual Development Signing and 3 more, but can't see a time slot for them. Is there another schedule for all the signings offered under this catagory?

I can see everything offered on the reservation system on the detail schedule accept the Signing's under Show Floor Experiences. For example, I have signed up for the Marvel Studios Visual Development Signing and 3 more, but can't see a time slot for them. Is there another schedule for all the signings offered under this catagory?
They have not released the schedule for the show floor and talent signing experiences.

I've seen on several websites that a Disney+ subscriber pass for giveaways at the Expo can be picked up starting on Thursday, September 8 at the Expo. Does anyone have any information about where to get this at the convention center?

I've seen on several websites that a Disney+ subscriber pass for giveaways at the Expo can be picked up starting on Thursday, September 8 at the Expo. Does anyone have any information about where to get this at the convention center?
In typical expo fashion details like this aren’t announced until the week-ish before. If I had to venture a guess you go to the Disney+ booth for redemption. In 2019 they had a massive area with a lot of Disney+ folks.

A good mantra for D23 is low expectations as planning and rollout aren’t their strong suit.

does anyone know if they check names of the passes when checking in or just you need to have one. We have an untransfered pass that someone wants to use

Two thoughts since this’ll be my first D23. How is the wifi reception since the area will be crowded with tons of people on their phones? Also officially, there are no overnight queues but when should I arrive to get in line in Friday?

does anyone know if they check names of the passes when checking in or just you need to have one. We have an untransfered pass that someone wants to use
In 2019 they didn’t, however this is an all new ballgame as they are trying a lot of new procedures with badge registration and transfers. So it’s likely a wait and see.

Two thoughts since this’ll be my first D23. How is the wifi reception since the area will be crowded with tons of people on their phones? Also officially, there are no overnight queues but when should I arrive to get in line in Friday?
I wouldn’t plan on using it as having attended the Anaheim convention for work had both the wifi and a phone carrier plan be spotty at best. According to the convention center details, they say the wifi is for “light use like text and email.”

Million dollar question. With guidelines of no late night lines or overnight camping, we shall see how Disney handles lines to get in. What is it you plan to do Friday morning to arrive early for?

The gates open at 5am I would expect people to start lining up way before that.

The gates open at 5am I would expect people to start lining up way before that.
Big question is whether or not Anaheim PD/Disney/whoever will let folks start unofficial lines outside the gates. It doesn't sound like they want to do that at all, but then they'll have to prevent folks from accessing the general area, period. Otherwise lines will form naturally, and then burst into chaos once the gates open.

(Not) fun fact: unofficial lines always make me wary. In 2019, I remember lining up for an unofficial line on Thursday for the sorcerer pre-event day. Only like, 300 people compared to the big crowds during the actual event. I was sixth in the unofficial line, and when the doors opened for us to enter, I found myself crushed by a rush of humanity and swept to the back. Any time gates are ever opened with an unofficial line, it's not great. I can't imagine they want something like that.

EDIT TO ADD: Then again, the Friday AM floor open debacle where they released all the doors at once and people engaged in a stampede worthy of the Lion King was clearly something they wanted. So ...shrug? Who knows.

Big question is whether or not Anaheim PD/Disney/whoever will let folks start unofficial lines outside the gates. It doesn't sound like they want to do that at all, but then they'll have to prevent folks from accessing the general area, period. Otherwise lines will form naturally, and then burst into chaos once the gates open.

(Not) fun fact: unofficial lines always make me wary. In 2019, I remember lining up for an unofficial line on Thursday for the sorcerer pre-event day. Only like, 300 people compared to the big crowds during the actual event. I was sixth in the unofficial line, and when the doors opened for us to enter, I found myself crushed by a rush of humanity and swept to the back. Any time gates are ever opened with an unofficial line, it's not great. I can't imagine they want something like that.

EDIT TO ADD: Then again, the Friday AM floor open debacle where they released all the doors at once and people engaged in a stampede worthy of the Lion King was clearly something they wanted. So ...shrug? Who knows.
I know they dont want people to line up before 5 but its very likely people will show up beforehand. I guarantee there will be an unofficial line formed. How long itll last and when itll start is another matter. Im going to track how long the line is at a certain point Thursday night and decide when to leave from there. If they are strict and enforce no lines Id say maybe around 4am people will start showing up. What are you planning on doing?

I know they dont want people to line up before 5 but its very likely people will show up beforehand. I guarantee there will be an unofficial line formed. How long itll last and when itll start is another matter. Im going to track how long the line is at a certain point Thursday night and decide when to leave from there. If they are strict and enforce no lines Id say maybe around 4am people will start showing up. What are you planning on doing?
Oh I agree, totally - I think regardless of what they say people will try to line up early. Just curious how Anaheim plans to corral people outside if they're not allowed in the building, which is IMO a more organized and safer way of doing it.

I'm with you. I plan on keeping tabs on twitter, reddit, here to see what's actually being allowed, and then get in line based on that information. I don't need to line up so early for standby because of my pass; I'm more concerned with how long security may take, and making sure I can get a good seat in the preferred section for Legends, Marvel/Lucasfilm, and Parks, since they're all in the AM each day.

At the same time, I'm wondering if it's better to hang back at the hotel until after 6, when we'll be trying to get store virtual queues. IDK if it'll make a difference if I'm surrounded by other folks trying to do the same thing, or if I'll have better luck in my room.

Oh I agree, totally - I think regardless of what they say people will try to line up early. Just curious how Anaheim plans to corral people outside if they're not allowed in the building, which is IMO a more organized and safer way of doing it.

I'm with you. I plan on keeping tabs on twitter, reddit, here to see what's actually being allowed, and then get in line based on that information. I don't need to line up so early for standby because of my pass; I'm more concerned with how long security may take, and making sure I can get a good seat in the preferred section for Legends, Marvel/Lucasfilm, and Parks, since they're all in the AM each day.

At the same time, I'm wondering if it's better to hang back at the hotel until after 6, when we'll be trying to get store virtual queues. IDK if it'll make a difference if I'm surrounded by other folks trying to do the same thing, or if I'll have better luck in my room.
Ah you have preferred seating thats good you only have to worry about how long itll take to get through security 😅 As for store ques it wont make a difference to be honest.
Edit: Didnt they say you have to scan the code at the store to get into the que?

Ah you have preferred seating thats good you only have to worry about how long itll take to get through security 😅 As for store ques it wont make a difference to be honest.
Edit: Didnt they say you have to scan the code at the store to get into the que?
So we won't be able to scan QR codes at the 6 AM drop since we won't be on the show floor. The instructions also say "Step 1: Open the D23 Expo app and navigate to the retail location" (as an alternative to the QR code). I'm thinking that means we find our chosen store in the app, kind of like we do now for ride VQs, and then follow the next steps.

Any word on whether there will be a D23 Charter Member Lounge area like there was at past Expos?
I don't have a citable reference for you ... but my husband is very keen on the Charter Member lounge and said, "Yes, there will be one for 2022." (He is NOT an authority; has no "secret, inside" knowledge -- but read it somewhere and believes it fully. So, yes, we are expecting to visit the Charter Member Lounge.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter