D23 Expo September 9-11, 2022 Superthread **Updates in Posts 2 & 3**

WHOA
Don Hahn and the stars from Frozen... awesome
I know. I was thinking about doing the Society of Explorers and Adventurers instead, but since I have a preferred pass, I am seriously considering going.

Big question is whether or not Anaheim PD/Disney/whoever will let folks start unofficial lines outside the gates. It doesn't sound like they want to do that at all, but then they'll have to prevent folks from accessing the general area, period. Otherwise lines will form naturally, and then burst into chaos once the gates open.

(Not) fun fact: unofficial lines always make me wary. In 2019, I remember lining up for an unofficial line on Thursday for the sorcerer pre-event day. Only like, 300 people compared to the big crowds during the actual event. I was sixth in the unofficial line, and when the doors opened for us to enter, I found myself crushed by a rush of humanity and swept to the back. Any time gates are ever opened with an unofficial line, it's not great. I can't imagine they want something like that.

EDIT TO ADD: Then again, the Friday AM floor open debacle where they released all the doors at once and people engaged in a stampede worthy of the Lion King was clearly something they wanted. So ...shrug? Who knows.

I hate trampling. The Haunted Mansion panel last time got like that, and I was just like, nope, I'm outta here.

Oh I agree, totally - I think regardless of what they say people will try to line up early. Just curious how Anaheim plans to corral people outside if they're not allowed in the building, which is IMO a more organized and safer way of doing it.

I'm with you. I plan on keeping tabs on twitter, reddit, here to see what's actually being allowed, and then get in line based on that information. I don't need to line up so early for standby because of my pass; I'm more concerned with how long security may take, and making sure I can get a good seat in the preferred section for Legends, Marvel/Lucasfilm, and Parks, since they're all in the AM each day.

At the same time, I'm wondering if it's better to hang back at the hotel until after 6, when we'll be trying to get store virtual queues. IDK if it'll make a difference if I'm surrounded by other folks trying to do the same thing, or if I'll have better luck in my room.

My friend and I are concerned about getting in too. We have preferred and don't really want to be waiting hours to get into the building :(

I know. I was thinking about doing the Society of Explorers and Adventurers instead, but since I have a preferred pass, I am seriously considering going.

I hate trampling. The Haunted Mansion panel last time got like that, and I was just like, nope, I'm outta here.

My friend and I are concerned about getting in too. We have preferred and don't really want to be waiting hours to get into the building :(
It's why I'm a bit obsessive about checking threads the day of. Usually people give real time updates so we can make the best call with the info we have. I'll be sure to update here too and on twitter!

It's why I'm a bit obsessive about checking threads the day of. Usually people give real time updates so we can make the best call with the info we have. I'll be sure to update here too and on twitter!
We do that too. Plus, some friends don't have preferred, and I know they will be watching it intently. That's how we got into Parks last time.

I'm worried about getting in also. No preferred pass, and it's our first expo so no experience. We don't mind waiting in line and will entertain ourselves reading stuff, but we're not going to camp out hours ahead of time either. So we'll just see how it goes. Staying at the Disneyland Hotel so can always hop in the pool if getting into the Expo is seeming too crazy in the morning.

ETA: I mean getting into the convention space. We're not doing the big panels if we don't get RSVPs

So, I would never have guessed any of these as Legends, at least the actors, thought I should have thought about Chadwick Boseman. I am okay with them and would be interested in seeing the Legends presentation, but if I do not get a reservation, I will have to debate of if I want to wait standby. I mean I absolute am excited about Don Hahn and I have loved Idena Menzel 's voice since the Rent soundtrack in the late 90s. I just feel like there are a lot of "modern" legends in this class that maybe there are some that have been waiting longer that should be there. I understand they feel the need to group these cast members that made them a lot of money, but I guess I was hoping for more of a "wow" factor.

I'm glad for Chadwick Boseman's family and thrilled that Don Hahn finally got recognized. Other than that, not so excited about the choices this year. People like Lin Manuel Miranda, Dave Filoni, Becky Cline and so many unsung cast members are certainly more deserving than a famous name from one particular movie or tv show. I didn't put the Legends Ceremony as my first choice and now haven't any reason to change my decision. Of course this will cost me as I'll be spending more of my money shopping during the ceremony.

Ah you have preferred seating thats good you only have to worry about how long itll take to get through security 😅 As for store ques it wont make a difference to be honest.
Edit: Didnt they say you have to scan the code at the store to get into the que?
I’m staying at Hotel Lulu with friends that have a pea-sized bladder so I was thinking 7am only because we don’t care for the morning panels.

Big question is whether or not Anaheim PD/Disney/whoever will let folks start unofficial lines outside the gates. It doesn't sound like they want to do that at all, but then they'll have to prevent folks from accessing the general area, period. Otherwise lines will form naturally, and then burst into chaos once the gates open.

(Not) fun fact: unofficial lines always make me wary. In 2019, I remember lining up for an unofficial line on Thursday for the sorcerer pre-event day. Only like, 300 people compared to the big crowds during the actual event. I was sixth in the unofficial line, and when the doors opened for us to enter, I found myself crushed by a rush of humanity and swept to the back. Any time gates are ever opened with an unofficial line, it's not great. I can't imagine they want something like that.

EDIT TO ADD: Then again, the Friday AM floor open debacle where they released all the doors at once and people engaged in a stampede worthy of the Lion King was clearly something they wanted. So ...shrug? Who knows.

I am still bitter about 2019 and when we complained, the response was like "....oh....that was bad...." You think? That all doors open thing was dangerous and stupid.

I am undecided on when to enter, I don't want to spend hours outside waiting in the sun. Hmm. I guess it depends on if I get into the virtual queue.

I am still bitter about 2019 and when we complained, the response was like "....oh....that was bad...." You think? That all doors open thing was dangerous and stupid.

I am undecided on when to enter, I don't want to spend hours outside waiting in the sun. Hmm. I guess it depends on if I get into the virtual queue.
SAME. Ugh. Hoping I won't like the merch preview for dream store, mog, etc. but that's highly unlikely 🙃

Question regarding the "Preferences" registration process. If we intend to consume two seats (self + 1 guest) -- which option do we choose:
  • Guests
  • 1 Guest
I submitted my form on Thursday indicating "Guests" (plural) for all options. My husband submitted his form using the "1 Guest" option ... as he read it as "plus 1 guest." We had a lively discussion on this setting last night. How did you all read this?

Question regarding the "Preferences" registration process. If we intend to consume two seats (self + 1 guest) -- which option do we choose:
  • Guests
  • 1 Guest
I submitted my form on Thursday indicating "Guests" (plural) for all options. My husband submitted his form using the "1 Guest" option ... as he read it as "plus 1 guest." We had a lively discussion on this setting last night. How did you all read this?
Your husband wins this battle. Their verbiage is poor on what it all means. From the reservations page:

“Once you are happy with your preferences, click the Continue with Selections button to choose whether a guest will be joining you. Select “1 Guest” if you are bringing a Guest with you (yourself +1).”

https://d23.com/expo-2022-reservations/

Your husband wins this battle. Their verbiage is poor on what it all means. From the reservations page:

“Once you are happy with your preferences, click the Continue with Selections button to choose whether a guest will be joining you. Select “1 Guest” if you are bringing a Guest with you (yourself +1).”

Ahhh!! Thanks -- I'll go in and edit! :) THANK YOU

Wow. I'm glad I saw this. We haven't made our selections yet, so good to know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter