D23 Expo September 9-11, 2022 Superthread **Updates in Posts 2 & 3**

I have no idea. But I'm ready for Eric Goldberg. And I'd like to see the late David Ogden Stiers (Cogsworth, among other roles) get inducted.
Both good choices. After running back over the list, I did not see these names and thought they maybe should be:
  • Eleanor Audley
  • Jim Cummings
  • Phil Harris

• Joe Rohde-Just retired so maybe

I know it's probably irrational but I'm starting to worry that my badge hasn't shipped yet and I ordered the first morning of the presale. Friday is the end of week 3 for the 3-4 week window they said in the email June 24.

I also ordered during the presale and haven't seen my badge yet. I am going to wait until next week before worrying if I need to contact D23.

I also ordered during the presale and haven't seen my badge yet. I am going to wait until next week before worrying if I need to contact D23.
That’s what I was thinking too. I’ll give it until early next week and I’d it hasn’t shipped I will contact them. I know they have my correct address because I got my pin and lanyard just fine.

Assuming we're all (most?) still waiting on badge activation? I ordered during presale and mine arrived two days ago, but the Activate button is missing from the site.

Reading all this about lines, etc, I'm hoping I don't miss out too much. I'll enter the lottery and take the passes I can get. But I'm too old and out of shape to be sitting on the floor (or sleeping on the floor) for hours to get into things. I guess I'll just enjoy what I do get to do. :)

But was already disappointed I couldn't buy the VIP ticket - I get why not, way too much demand, but it didn't exactly feel like a fair lottery for that, even though it probably was as much as possible.

Assuming we're all (most?) still waiting on badge activation? I ordered during presale and mine arrived two days ago, but the Activate button is missing from the site.

Reading all this about lines, etc, I'm hoping I don't miss out too much. I'll enter the lottery and take the passes I can get. But I'm too old and out of shape to be sitting on the floor (or sleeping on the floor) for hours to get into things. I guess I'll just enjoy what I do get to do. :)

But was already disappointed I couldn't buy the VIP ticket - I get why not, way too much demand, but it didn't exactly feel like a fair lottery for that, even though it probably was as much as possible.
No one has been able to activate badges yet. As for the premium ticket, it was pretty much random. I got 2 for my friend and I. I had 7 browser windows open on different devices and different browsers. She had several too. I only had one window that would have allowed us to get them. It seemed pretty random from the queue number of my windows. We don't really know what the panel reservation system will be, but things that they have said are hinting that it will also be random. You don't have to sit for hours in line; you can stand for hours in line:( Would a seat cushion be helpful? I was able to bring one in last time.

No one has been able to activate badges yet. As for the premium ticket, it was pretty much random. I got 2 for my friend and I. I had 7 browser windows open on different devices and different browsers. She had several too. I only had one window that would have allowed us to get them. It seemed pretty random from the queue number of my windows. We don't really know what the panel reservation system will be, but things that they have said are hinting that it will also be random. You don't have to sit for hours in line; you can stand for hours in line:( Would a seat cushion be helpful? I was able to bring one in last time.
Yeah, I'm not upset about the premium ticket, it is what it is... I had 3 or 4 windows open on different devices, etc. No worries. I'm hoping it's not quite as bad in terms of scarcity for Hall D23 seats, etc.

And I think I'll be the brave person who just sleeps in my hotel bed and allows all of the "hours in line" people to get in. :) I'll do the panels I get the lottery ticket for, the other panels that hopefully aren't oversubscribed, and the merchandise. The rest of the time, I'm told there's a magical place right up the street I can go hang out. :)

And I think I'll be the brave person who just sleeps in my hotel bed and allows all of the "hours in line" people to get in. :) I'll do the panels I get the lottery ticket for, the other panels that hopefully aren't oversubscribed, and the merchandise. The rest of the time, I'm told there's a magical place right up the street I can go hang out. :)
This is me too! I watched some videos from the 2019 D23 and decided nope, not waiting in lines overnight to watch a panel. So I've reset my expectations of what I may or may not get to do and I'm the same way, I'll just go to the parks if I don't end up getting into any panels. However, the show floor looks massive and will take a lot of time to explore too.

Yeah, I'm not upset about the premium ticket, it is what it is... I had 3 or 4 windows open on different devices, etc. No worries. I'm hoping it's not quite as bad in terms of scarcity for Hall D23 seats, etc.

This is me too! I watched some videos from the 2019 D23 and decided nope, not waiting in lines overnight to watch a panel. So I've reset my expectations of what I may or may not get to do and I'm the same way, I'll just go to the parks if I don't end up getting into any panels. However, the show floor looks massive and will take a lot of time to explore too.
We really only waited “overnight” for the parks panel in 2019. We mostly just did what we got, attended panels that fairly open/smaller, or waited in shorter lines during the day. It was my first. I had a great time, met a lot of nice people, and made friends that I am still close to today. We are all going together again this time. The show floor is massive, and you could really spend a ton of time there. Definitely going in with little expectations and an easy-going, positive attitude really helps.

My badge shipped and should be here next Tuesday! Didn’t get an email but it’s showing a tracking number in my account on my ticket info.

Yeah, after seeing this, I checked my account and my shipping information is there for Tuesday as well. I had been checking it daily so I know this must have changed since yesterday afternoon.

Just received this email about badge activation and I can confirm that mine is active and showing the correct badge number in my account.

Subject: D23 Expo Badge Activation Issue Resolved

Dear D23 Expo Guest,

We would like to let you know that the issue experienced with badge activation has been resolved. For your convenience, all badges you purchased have been activated automatically, so no further badge activation steps are needed. If you have previously transferred a badge to another Guest, that badge has also been activated with their profile information.

For a limited time, you are still able to transfer badges, and that badge will be reassigned to your recipient once the transfer is accepted. Note: the badge transfer window will close before the reservation selection process begins in August—more info coming soon!

Click here for a step-by-step guide on how to transfer badges.

When handing out badges to Guests in your party, please take extra care to ensure the correct badge number is matched with the correct Guest. To see the badge number assigned to each individual badge in your ownership, follow these steps:

1. Visit D23Expo.com/Activate.
  2. Click the “Manage D23 Expo 2022 Profile” button.
  3. You will now see the badge number assigned to the right of each individual badge type.
Click here to login and manage your badges.

Please note: An activated badge allows you to check in for confirmed reservations on site. You can also scan your badge at participating booths to interact with exhibits and receive additional information about exciting offers. If you opt in to receive communications during the reservation preference period, you can also scan your badge at participating booths to receive additional information about exciting offers. Child badges are not able to be activated. Child guests can still participate in reservations and photo activations as the guest of an adult with an activated D23 Expo badge.

For additional questions about badge management, please contact Guest Services at GuestRelations@D23.com (fastest response) or (855) 323-5973 (calls accepted during normal business hours, Monday-Friday, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. PST).

We look forward to seeing you at D23 Expo 2022!

- The D23 Expo Team

Maybe a silly question, so please forgive me. We're first timers. I have our badges, and got the automatic activation e-mail. What's the transfer thing? Does my wife need to create a D23 account to which I transfer her badge, or can I just ignore this transfer talk?

Thanks for your attention!

Maybe a silly question, so please forgive me. We're first timers. I have our badges, and got the automatic activation e-mail. What's the transfer thing? Does my wife need to create a D23 account to which I transfer her badge, or can I just ignore this transfer talk?

Thanks for your attention!
Not silly at all! Every year new processes pop up, and we're all almost-newbies :)

If your wife does create a D23 account, and you do transfer a badge over to her, you *may* have an easier time with the panel RSP (random selection process/reservations). We don't really know how it'll be structured yet - like if you can request a spot for two in a panel. In which case, not transferring a badge to the second person in a couple may not be a big deal. That said, I'd probably just do it since the process is relatively simple and can't hurt.

I'm 73

Friday, September 9
“traceback”: Celebrating the People of Walt Disney Animation Studios
11:45 a.m.–12:45 p.m. on the Hyperion Stage
Here are some panel announcements:
  • The Walt Disney Animation Research Library presents “traceback,” a look at the lives and work as well as the artistic and technical contributions of women and employees of color throughout the history of Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Saturday, September 10
A Century of Storytelling at Walt Disney Animation Studios
2–3 p.m. on the Walt Disney Archives Stage.

• The Walt Disney Animation Research Library celebrates 100 years of Disney Animation storytelling by highlighting the stories and people behind key art and artifacts in its collection.
A Celebration of Disney Animation’s “Encanto”
3:30–4:30 p.m. on the Premiere Stage

• Join the team behind Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Academy Award®-winning hit Encanto for stories behind the making of the film—and a few surprises!
Sneak Peek at “Zootopia+” from Walt Disney Animation Studios
6–7 p.m. on the Backlot Stage

• Get a first look at the highly anticipated animated series Zootopia+, coming to Disney+ from Walt Disney Animation Studios, with directors Josie Trinidad and Trent Correy.
Sunday, September 11
100 Years of Treasures from the Walt Disney Animation Research Library
2–3 p.m. on the Backlot Stage

• Never-before-seen clips, recording sessions, and live-action reference mark 100 years of Walt Disney Animation Studios as the Animation Research Library unveils newly digitized media from its collection and from its Oral History Project, in which the legends of animation have been interviewed.

Make sure the number matches your actual badge, especially if you bought more than one. I don’t know how they would know which badge goes to which person. I already mailed my others to the owners. The badge transfer had no badge number associated with it. There’s no way for these people to swap, since they don’t live near each other and don’t even know each other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter