D23 Expo September 9-11, 2022 Superthread **Updates in Posts 2 & 3**

Hedging because things do change every year, so until we get the rules & rundown for this year (and heck, more accurately - until we see how the first night/day goes), we won't know for sure. That said:
  • In the past, there have been overnight lines in the basement of the convention center. Previously they had separate lines for that day's Hall 23 panel and the show floor (merch/smaller panels), and they've also done separate lines for Gold Members for Hall 23. Again, not sure what it looks like this year
  • Lines are safe, there are restrooms, it's just really, really cold with a hard floor, so folks come prepared to wait it out/sleep. Some years they even have TVs near the lines playing Disney movies
  • Last time I went overnight was 2017 - I got in line for the show floor around 9 PM on Thursday night (entered the basement, went through security, and was able to bring my pillow back to the room around 7 AM on Friday before they took us upstairs). In 2019 I had a sorcerer badge & didn't need to do overnights, but saw a few folks lined up outside as early as Wednesday afternoon (typically scalpers, other merch seekers). Their small unofficial line was forced outside the CC grounds, so they moved it to the sidewalk. I don't know what happened when the CC opened for overnight lineups, but I assume they were near the front.
  • At some point, they cut off the basement and start security lines outside the CC. People in this thread and on FB will usually give real time updates. And typically by the afternoon there won't be long lines to get in - just lines for merch, panels, and experiences inside
I'm not sure if they're going to want throngs of people in the basement overnight. That's possibly why they'll do pre-reservations and use the Disneyland app for store queuing. TBH, I'm considering updating my phone to ensure it's super fast before Expo weekend so I don't miss out on any of the store queues. I've been really lucky in WDW, but didn't get a Guardians VQ for the first time a few weeks ago and it's made me nervous.
Thanks for the comments! Oh wow.. overnight queue!

Is anyone else in the "Not Shipped" category? (Ordered my 2-three day passes on 1-19). It is making me anxious!
Same! I'm trying to not worry since they said passes would ship over a 3-4 week time period. But it's my nature to worry about everything! haha

Oh, good to know that I am not the only one waiting on my badge. I have been away from the boards other than an occasional browse. My heart just wasn‘t there, but now I need the distraction.

I figure I will give it another week before panic sets in.

Oh, good to know that I am not the only one waiting on my badge. I have been away from the boards other than an occasional browse. My heart just wasn‘t there, but now I need the distraction.

I figure I will give it another week before panic sets in.
We’re only at two weeks and one day into the four week timeline for badge shipping and remember: they are going in waves as they have to be associated with accounts before shipping.

@kristenabelle So much truth to that “this is how things worked before, this year we’ll see” thoughts. 😂

We’re only at two weeks and one day into the four week timeline for badge shipping and remember: they are going in waves as they have to be associated with accounts before shipping.
Yeah, my sister died unexpectedly last week and I really couldn’t tell you anything about what the badge release timeframe was or where we are in that timeframe. All I remember from just before, was that the badges were starting to ship.

Yeah, my sister died unexpectedly last week and I really couldn’t tell you anything about what the badge release timeframe was or where we are in that timeframe. All I remember from just before, was that the badges were starting to ship.
I am so sorry for your loss. This is probably the least of your concerns right now. Take care of yourself.

I am very sorry for your loss. Your love and care for your sister were so evident in your posts here. I'm glad you were able to experience Expo together in 2019. Sending good thoughts to you and your family.

Hi. Please excuse my lack of knowledge. I have 7 tickets for Saturday, including 4 teens. After reading this I feel like I have bitten off more than I can chew. We are from Australia so have never been to the Expo before.
Am I right in understanding I have to transfer a ticket to each individual and then we can only request reservations for 2? Meaning it is highly unlikely we will get to do anything all together? If so, can the kids go 2 together or do they have to be with an adult?
Thanks for any advice....

I'm so very sorry for your loss - sending you and your family positive vibes

Hi. Please excuse my lack of knowledge. I have 7 tickets for Saturday, including 4 teens. After reading this I feel like I have bitten off more than I can chew. We are from Australia so have never been to the Expo before.
Am I right in understanding I have to transfer a ticket to each individual and then we can only request reservations for 2? Meaning it is highly unlikely we will get to do anything all together? If so, can the kids go 2 together or do they have to be with an adult?
Thanks for any advice....
We just don't know how the panel system will work yet. So I would just wait and see. You need to transfer each ticket to the person to whom it belongs. However, I don't know about minors. Badges must also be activated, but I don't think that's working yet.

Got my badge in the mail this past week, went to activate it tonight and the activate button is no longer showing on my profile so I wonder if they are fixing the issue that people were having.

Glad to hear others still have not shipped, I am still in that category today (7-11).

As for grouping people, it would be nice if you could create a party like DL has on their app at parks to get Genie+ together. (They do not have the detailed more complicated program like WDW's MDE.) But that it is not how it worked last Expo. Only standby lines kept groups together, and stage pass, not the advance registration (which was a poop show and sounds like this has been scrapped for a random selection process. I was successful last time myself, but it was a crap shoot, if you got in, you could book lots of stuff, if you got in late, everything was gone).

Got my badge in the mail this past week, went to activate it tonight and the activate button is no longer showing on my profile so I wonder if they are fixing the issue that people were having.
Yes, there was an email sent out on July 1 (though of course it's Disney IT so who gets the email is always a crapshoot) that they were working on the issue and would send another notice when badge activation was live again.

First, thank you to everyone for the well wishes for myself and my family. I am still adjusting, so having something to plan should help. Luckily this trip was already going to be a solo trip, which makes it a bit easier to focus on.

Second, does anyone have any guesses on the 2022 Legends? I really wanted to make it in 2019 since they had a number of inductees I wanted to see, but we were late getting moving that day. I figure my going to this one will depend on the legends. I need to relook at past inductees so I can see who is missing that might be added.

First, thank you to everyone for the well wishes for myself and my family. I am still adjusting, so having something to plan should help. Luckily this trip was already going to be a solo trip, which makes it a bit easier to focus on.

Second, does anyone have any guesses on the 2022 Legends? I really wanted to make it in 2019 since they had a number of inductees I wanted to see, but we were late getting moving that day. I figure my going to this one will depend on the legends. I need to relook at past inductees so I can see who is missing that might be added.
I have no idea. But I'm ready for Eric Goldberg. And I'd like to see the late David Ogden Stiers (Cogsworth, among other roles) get inducted.

I know it's probably irrational but I'm starting to worry that my badge hasn't shipped yet and I ordered the first morning of the presale. Friday is the end of week 3 for the 3-4 week window they said in the email June 24.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter