D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also had the blue milk. It was not bad. It was a very thick and heavy slushy type drink, fruit flavored. I think the best part of it was just the fact I was drinking blue milk in SWGE. I did not try the green milk, and was told it is more of a citrus type drink. I look forward to giving that a try.
Did the blue milk have a pronounced melon flavor? The descriptions have stated berry and melon, which sounds... like an odd combination to me.

Good Morning America is supposed to have some people from DL on its show May 30th. IDK exactly when or what details will be discussed, but it's about SWGE definitely.

Hey guys! On May 21st, I was able to experience Star Wars Land Cast Member Previews and had an amazing time! I am not a Cast Member, but I had a mutual friend that was able to get me in.
Here is just a couple of the random things I noticed:
  • Entertainment- All throughout the land was mini experiences with Storm Troopers, Kylo Ren, Chewbacca, and Rey. They were interacting with guests and walking throughout the land. I also noticed Storm Troopers on a roof of what seemed like a vehicle repair shop with land speeders and such to the left of the BTMR entrance.
  • Cast Members- All the Cast Members seemed very enthusiastic to be there! The cast members were also deep into their characters saying phrases like "Time is Credits" and saying "Bright Suns" and "Rising Moons" to us. Apparently there is a whole wide variety of approved Star Wars looking hairstyles for the CM so they can really change their look. I never had trouble identifying who was a cast member and who was a regular guest.
  • food and drinks- THEY ARE SOOOO EXPENSIVE. Blue/Green Milk is around $8 for about a 3/4th cup of slush. The Ronto Wrap from Ronto Roasters is very good but small for around $12.99. They really are pushing our budgets. Lines were around a 15-30 minute wait for Rontos Roasters and the Milk Stand. 20 Minute wait for Docking Bay 7. 5 Minute wait for Kat Saka's Kettle. Someone said the wait to get into the cantina was around an hour which is crazy.
  • Restrooms- Yes they are themed with cool, unique looking sinks, and they are pretty large in space.
  • Smuggler's Run- Overall, a pretty fun ride. The line starts to the left of the millennium falcon with three lines. One for Single Rider, one for Fastpass which isn't open, and another one for Standby. The Standby Line wrapped around the back of the millennium falcon and then into a building which housed many transport vehicles. The line continues to rise until you are on the second floor of the building which goes to a path wide large windows over looking the Millennium Falcon. After this, they then put us into a reshow room that was divided into two with the Hondo animatronic above you. Hondo was an amazing and fluid animatronic as they all say. Then the two groups split into different paths, each leading to another cast member who splits you into groups of six. They give you each a colored card with your listed job which can be either engineer, gunner, or pilot. They encourage trading of the cards. The waiting room is pretty small and usually very packed. They give your group a colored card and they allow you to look around until they call your group which usually always happened in a matter of 4-5 minutes. I did like how a CM showed me some of the Porg nests in the waiting room inside the milennium Falcon. You were then brought to a path that lead to the entrance of the cockpit, which has a cool video showing how each person was supposed to do their job. Overall the ride was fun and not as rough as Star Tours. The jobs were pretty self explanatory since you would just press or pull whatever lit up green. I was gunner once and engineer and I have to say that engineers get the short end of the stick because they are in the very back and they just have to basically press buttons when the team messes up. Also weird side note, I went single rider once and it was pretty confusing on where to go because once you go in, there were different paths that we can go to but no cast member or clear signs on where to go.I eventually found it, but I think that some people would find it very confusing. The wait went down as the reservation period went by and it was around 15 minutes near the 2.5 hour mark, but that amount skyrocketed when the next set of people entered the land due to a one hour overlap of reservation times.
  • Black Spire Outfitters- The area in between the shops felt pretty wide open and I didn't feel at all congested, but this can all change when they lift the reservations. With each store being a stand alone store, I can imagine that it will get really crowded. Each shop is also pretty small and I don't think that they can fit more than 20 people in each shop.
  • Droid Depot- I thought this area was pretty cool, the process of making a droid was pretty involved. I think the BB-8 was one of the only style of Droids that was available at the time. I liked how they had pieces of droids on a conveyor belt that you had to pick up and put in a basket in order to build it. They then send you to a building section where you build it yourself based on instructions that were given. You would mostly build it on your own, even screwing on some pieces with an automatic screwdriver. Their was also a button that you could press to get help from a cast member. When you are done building, you notify a cast member and they they do some pretty neat stuff activating it and telling you how to handle your droid. Then they put it in a Build A Bear Style box. It is pretty expensive at around $100 but it seemed like a fun experience. My friends did it and they were having a blast! The droid is really customizable and you can even change their personality with personality chips.
  • ROTR area- It was pretty empty crowd wise since their was not a lot of things to do in this area
  • They only had the Dasani themed water bottles during the CM previews.
  • If you really want to make a lightsaber at Savi's Workshop, head there first. The line tends to get long even though it costs $200!!!!! My friends did it, but I don't think the lightsabers were worth the money.
  • I'm not a huge Star Wars fan, but I managed to have a great time! I don't think you have to know all that much about Star Wars to get something out of this land.
  • Also random but PLEASE CHECK OUT DOK ONDORS IF YOU WANT TO SEE COOL CREATURE ANIMATRONICS. THEY ARE SUPER COOL AND THROUGHOUT THE STORE. However their wasn't any clear signage and it was a bit hard to find out where this store is. It is across the way from Rontos Roasters, left of a really cool and giant statue.
  • I loved how all of the CM referred to the Millennium Falcon as a hunk of junk, and even the photo pass photographers asked why we wanted to take a picture next to a piece of junk
  • If you want to do the Lightsaber making experience, I would head there first as waits could skyrocket with it being a very small experience. Every time I walked in this area there was around 30 people waiting in a waiting courtyard they had.
  • I found two bathrooms so far but there may be more. One is near Black Spire Outfitters and another one is near the Milk Stand. I noticed that there are also family bathrooms.
  • A cast member told me there was two consistencies of the Blue/Green milk, with the slushy version being sold in the Milk Stand and a liquid non slushy version sold in Docking Bay 7. I'm not sure if this is true, can anybody confirm?
  • There is a cool robot in Rontos Roasters where the Pod Racer is cooking the meat. There is also different star wars creatures being cooked on a rotisserie which is a little bit morbid but cool I guess.
  • Dok- Ondar's has many animatronic creatures, in glass containers. My favorite ones are the slimy creatures in water which move and breath. There was also what I think was a baby Sarlacc, but you can see it's body and its intestines moving underground.
  • I found that there was spaces for shade and room for trees to grow, but I could see the land being very hot in there
  • In the vehicle repair shop with land speeders and such to the left of the BTMR entrance, there was a radio that had someone speaking from it and also music playing.

Yes, I went to Ronto Roasters, as they had the shortest line. My friend and I each got a Ronto Wrap, and it was very good. It has sausage and pork with slaw, and was very tasty. They also had 3 drinks there that we got. We wanted to try all 3, and they were all very good.

Also, Ronto Roasters has the pod race engine outside "cooking" the food. That was very cool. They did a great job with it, when it fires up, it looks pretty real.

The one thing I did buy when I was there was a wood stormtrooper, very cool item.
DH wants to know if you can post a picture of the wood stormtrooper and its cost. This is actually very funny because he ordinarily does not acknowledge my message board activities. So he is invested :)

How early is everyone thinking of lining up for opening day merch? My reservation isn’t until 11, and I truly want something dated. Of course I’ll be buying way too many other things, but I figured I’d start with opening day merch.

I am curious about Opening Day March. We won’t arrive until about 2 in the afternoon and I think it would be really special for my kids to get something dated and exclusive since we will be there but I don’t know arriving so late how much will be left and if we would just end up standing in line our entire time I’m not sure it would be worth it.

I am curious about Opening Day March. We won’t arrive until about 2 in the afternoon and I think it would be really special for my kids to get something dated and exclusive since we will be there but I don’t know arriving so late how much will be left and if we would just end up standing in line our entire time I’m not sure it would be worth it.

I'm sure Disney is releasing enough stuff, that you will be able to find something dated. Some items may already be sold out though, and so there may be less selection available, but I'm sure they're going to have more than enough to go around on some things, because after all....they know there will be a lot of people there that day and weekend, and they want to make all the $$$$$$$ they can.

Hard to predict what types of lines there will still be in the afternoon, but I would expect the worst of them will be in the morning. I was there for the 50th, and remember not only waiting in line outside the gates, but then for about 3 1/2 hours after the park actually opened, just so I could purchase the Pin exclusive to that day. My point is that the lines will probably be horrible in the morning, but perhaps not as bad later on, as soon as all the die hard souvenir purchasers have finished.

Last year there was something special released. Everyone reported on here that there were people waiting in 3 hour lines in the morning. They walked right in the store and purchased in the afternoon with no wait. I agree they may be sold out of some things but it’s worth it for you to see what’s left once you get there IMO.

Last year there was something special released. Everyone reported on here that there were people waiting in 3 hour lines in the morning. They walked right in the store and purchased in the afternoon with no wait. I agree they may be sold out of some things but it’s worth it for you to see what’s left once you get there IMO.
Omg was it the Mickey cups? That was ridiculously crazy! It calmed down in the afternoon, and now they are sold all over the place lol. But I wonder how long these waits will be since line ups begin at 2 am :scared1:?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter