D23 Expo 2011! Who's attending?

I will be attending the Expo in 2011 as well as taking some extra days there to make it my first trip to Disneyland. For those that went last time, if I plan on booking a Disneyland Resort hotel, how quickly do they fill up?

No telling, but I would book as soon as you can. If better deals come around, you can always call and get an adjustment. Don't forget to check hotels.com for pricing..I've found they tend to beat even AP rates.
I know alot of peope are glad it's in August and not Sept this time, but I am fiinding all components will be more for me since it's still in the summer this time around. The train is quite alot higher as is the hotel. Oh well..it will be worth it.

No telling, but I would book as soon as you can. If better deals come around, you can always call and get an adjustment. Don't forget to check hotels.com for pricing..I've found they tend to beat even AP rates.
I know alot of peope are glad it's in August and not Sept this time, but I am fiinding all components will be more for me since it's still in the summer this time around. The train is quite alot higher as is the hotel. Oh well..it will be worth it.

Sounds good to me, thanks!

My husband just told me I could go - BY MYSELF!!! Woohoo!!!! He's not a big Disney fan, so it means he will stay home with my DS 3 and I will get to enjoy all of the Expo without worrying about everyone else! We live in NY, so this will be a great adventure for me - haven't been to Disneyland in years!

I have a question - I just tried to buy my ticket online and while I got confirmation, they never asked for my credit card info. I'm afraid I'm going to fly out there only to find I don't really have a ticket. I e-mailed customer support, but was just wondering if this happened to anyone else? I wanted to buy the premiere ticket (Happy Birthday to ME!!!) and just want to make sure I secure it if it's still available!

When I purchased my ticket I was asked for my Credit Card information. The last page of registration, said "Thank you for registering. Please print this page for your records", then there was a logout button on the bottom of the page. On that page was a "Payment History" section that said what card I used and the last four digits of my account number. If you did not see that I'm not sure what happened. I looked through my information and I could not find a phone number for you. Maybe someone else knows a number you can call to verify that you do indeed have a ticket.:tink:

When I purchased my ticket I was asked for my Credit Card information. The last page of registration, said "Thank you for registering. Please print this page for your records", then there was a logout button on the bottom of the page. On that page was a "Payment History" section that said what card I used and the last four digits of my account number. If you did not see that I'm not sure what happened. I looked through my information and I could not find a phone number for you. Maybe someone else knows a number you can call to verify that you do indeed have a ticket.:tink:

Yikes! I got the registration and logout page and an e-mail confirmation, but no payment history. This is strange! I e-mailed customer support. I hope they get back to me! Thanks for the info!

Also check your credit card statement online. Disney is very quick to bill your credit cards! If you don't have a charge for $502.50, it probably didn't go through...I'd be interested to know if Premier passes are still available this late in the game!

Also check your credit card statement online. Disney is very quick to bill your credit cards! If you don't have a charge for $502.50, it probably didn't go through...I'd be interested to know if Premier passes are still available this late in the game!

I just looked at my credit card statement and there is no charge. I re-checked the D23 ticket site and it thanks me for purchasing tickets - it says my registration type is CO, contact, early. I hope they e-mail me back. I'll let you know! Wish they had an old-fashioned phone number!

Could someone tell me what the schedule was like last year? I know they condensed it from 4 to 3 days for next year, but I'm trying to figure out what kind of hotel accommodations and Disneyland tickets to buy - is there time to go to Disneyland everyday or is the Expo schedule jam-packed day and night? Thanks!

I only attended one day last year. It was a complete fluke. I was there for the Haunted Mansion Event. When I heard about the Expo I decided to get a ticket and stay an extra day. That day had so many things to do, there was no time for DL. In fact there were multiple things going on so that I had to make choices of what line I would get in. I would plan an extra day for DL, so that you don't miss anything.:tink:

Could someone tell me what the schedule was like last year? I know they condensed it from 4 to 3 days for next year, but I'm trying to figure out what kind of hotel accommodations and Disneyland tickets to buy - is there time to go to Disneyland everyday or is the Expo schedule jam-packed day and night? Thanks!

I only attended one day last year. It was a complete fluke. I was there for the Haunted Mansion Event. When I heard about the Expo I decided to get a ticket and stay an extra day. That day had so many things to do, there was no time for DL. In fact there were multiple things going on so that I had to make choices of what line I would get in. I would plan an extra day for DL, so that you don't miss anything.:tink:

I agree with tinkcollector. We went to all four days (live locally) and were beat by 5PM, we would have loved to stay, but were too tired. This time we are staying at the closest possible hotel so that if there is a lull at any point we can grab a quick nap.

Another person didn't want to stick around for the movies at night, but as a PP pointed out, even though the movie was an old one, without any preannouncement, the audience was surprised by Richard Sherman hosting a sing along while he played the piano for the crowd. It's that kind of surprises that make it worthwhile. There was soooooo much to do, you have to choose whether to wait in line for a seminar and miss one you want to do, or wait in line for the second one and miss the first. There was barely time to do the exhibits in the hall and to find time to shop!

My husband just told me I could go - BY MYSELF!!! Woohoo!!!! He's not a big Disney fan, so it means he will stay home with my DS 3 and I will get to enjoy all of the Expo without worrying about everyone else! We live in NY, so this will be a great adventure for me - haven't been to Disneyland in years!

I have a question - I just tried to buy my ticket online and while I got confirmation, they never asked for my credit card info. I'm afraid I'm going to fly out there only to find I don't really have a ticket. I e-mailed customer support, but was just wondering if this happened to anyone else? I wanted to buy the premiere ticket (Happy Birthday to ME!!!) and just want to make sure I secure it if it's still available!

This happened to my friend for some reason..I would email the people who are putting on the Expo so they can fix it for you. I don't think it has gone through properly if you didn't enter any payment info. Someone had posted a phone number a looong time ago somewhere. I think it was on Facebook...but the people actually do respond to the emails.

I went every day last year. My friend and I did the parks a couple times at night, not thinking we cared about the evening activities, and then regretted it. It is really jam packed, and you wil not miss the parks. Of course going out early and getting your park dose before hand is a good idea.

I agree with tinkcollector. We went to all four days (live locally) and were beat by 5PM, we would have loved to stay, but were too tired. This time we are staying at the closest possible hotel so that if there is a lull at any point we can grab a quick nap.

Another person didn't want to stick around for the movies at night, but as a PP pointed out, even though the movie was an old one, without any preannouncement, the audience was surprised by Richard Sherman hosting a sing along while he played the piano for the crowd. It's that kind of surprises that make it worthwhile. There was soooooo much to do, you have to choose whether to wait in line for a seminar and miss one you want to do, or wait in line for the second one and miss the first. There was barely time to do the exhibits in the hall and to find time to shop!

I think you are referring to me on the movie thing..so sorry I missed that!
We wanted the whole EXPO to see the ABC premiers, but with all the line waiting it didn't happen. We figured we stood in line like 20+ hours last time..hence the Sorcerer ticket..;)

Ooof. We just set our dates for August 23 - 27 for that year, to try and miss some of the holiday overlay shut downs (Have never been before!) should we go and push it back by a week, or do you think we'll be okay? Do you think crowds are going to be much higher/it will be harder to get a hotel such as the Best Western Park Place Inn?

D23 reported on their FB page that all Sorcerer and Premiere tickets are sold out.

D23 reported on their FB page that all Sorcerer and Premiere tickets are sold out.

Hmmmmm, I must have missed that, or maybe that is the one Disney page on FB that I am not subscribed to! :lmao:

Wow! Maybe I won't even buy a DL ticket until I get there! Or would it be cheaper if I add it to my hotel? I'm not really expecting to sleep on this trip - I want to get in as much as possible! What is the closest hotel to the EXPO? I was thinking of staying at the Grand Californian - is that even close?

I hope they e-mail me back today! I will still go if my premiere ticket didn't go through, but boy would I love that reserved seat!!! It sounds like it would save a lot of time and I could see more things!

The Grand Californian is not very close..there are several Convention Center hotels..a Mariott and Hilton I think..plus severaal smaller ones. I'd do a search for them and then check out the address of the hotel and CC on google..

The Grand Californian is not very close..there are several Convention Center hotels..a Mariott and Hilton I think..plus severaal smaller ones. I'd do a search for them and then check out the address of the hotel and CC on google..

Thanks! I will google them. I guess if I stayed at a DL hotel I would have to take a cab? Might still do it - don't know when I will be back there and that hotel looks so nice!

So I DID NOT have a ticket! Even though I had two e-mails thanking me for my purchase and stating I would get my credentials two months before the event. And yes, the premiere tickets are sold out. So I have to go back online and buy a regular ticket. I e-mailed them and asked them to please correct the website problem. I really hope there is no one else out there who thinks they have a ticket and doesn't! I just happened to e-mail them, because I thought it was really weird that they never asked for my credit card info.

What are the chances the expo will sell out? I'm a little hesitant to fly all the way out there to stand in line for hours for the seminars - that's why I was going to splurge on the premiere ticket. Just wondering if I should wait two years and try this again - maybe it will be in WDW in 2013?!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter