D23 Expectations for new Rides?

judging by the EPCOT 'announcement' last week, I think all we will be seeing is superficial stuff, just refresh of existing things. No new rides will be announced. Might get an opening date for TRON and the WDW railroad

WDW railroad will be open possibly before D23 occurs and I would suspect Tron opening date will be announced prior to D23 as well.

I can't imagine they don't announce new rides. I also can't imagine they are that confident in continuing to "own" Universal that they don't need to respond to that new park opening.

It might only be redoing existing rides but there will be something regarding rides.

I also looked, and there isn’t really space to the left of the pavilion (where the ride queue exists) to expand out. Pretty much just an alleyway between the odyssey building and Mexico

They would have to build it a dedicated entrance, with a long tunnel-like queue. It's be something like Indiana Jones at DL where you have to walk quite a ways out under the berm and then back. It could probably be done, but they have very little room. Considering how popular Coco would be, it would need to snake back and forth many times. It's either that or use the entire interior of the pyramid as the queue, which wouldn't be cool as the whole pavillion would become just a ride.

I don't know if they'll announce anything but they SHOULD announce a replacement for Primevil Hurl at the very least. I don't think they're actually going to redo Splash. They need to step up their game when it comes to adding attractions. It's been too long since anything new was in AK and DHS. Maybe they'll announce something in the animation courtyard for DHS.

There needs to be a big shake up in AK. I think you change Dino Land to an Insect related area. Retheme the dinosaur ride to Antman and the Wasp in Quantumania. The entire museum aspect of the queue would be super easy to flip into Pym Technologies. The beginning scene going back in time looks a lot like the quantum tunnel and would be really easy to reuse, then you just need a bunch of trippy projections and maybe a Michael Douglas AA.

Then rebuild the dig site playground area to a more fleshed out version of the classic MGM Honey I shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure and a fan favorite can be revived.

Then relocate the It’s Tough to be a Bug theatre to this land so the Tree of Life can be used for some new attraction that can be more of the central idea that ties all of AA together rather than A Bugs Life. I don’t know what it would be but maybe they can consult Joe Rohde’s new company.

Flatten the carnival games and make some other type of learning opportunity/shopping experience.

Eh?

There needs to be a big shake up in AK. I think you change Dino Land to an Insect related area. Retheme the dinosaur ride to Antman and the Wasp in Quantumania. The entire museum aspect of the queue would be super easy to flip into Pym Technologies. The beginning scene going back in time looks a lot like the quantum tunnel and would be really easy to reuse, then you just need a bunch of trippy projections and maybe a Michael Douglas AA.

Then rebuild the dig site playground area to a more fleshed out version of the classic MGM Honey I shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure and a fan favorite can be revived.

Then relocate the It’s Tough to be a Bug theatre to this land so the Tree of Life can be used for some new attraction that can be more of the central idea that ties all of AA together rather than A Bugs Life. I don’t know what it would be but maybe they can consult Joe Rohde’s new company.

Flatten the carnival games and make some other type of learning opportunity/shopping experience.

Eh?
I could be mistaken but i think Ant-Man is off limits for WDW, it’s one of the characters featured at Universal.

I could be mistaken but i think Ant-Man is off limits for WDW, it’s one of the characters featured at Universal.
I don’t think that is going to last forever. There’s no way Disney is going to let the marvel cash cow escape central Florida for all time. But also this is just a dream scenario. It also wouldn’t make any financial sense for them to gut the tree of life just to move the theatre. But it would be really really cool. Realistic expectations should be no new announcements and just updates on current stuff.

I don’t think that is going to last forever. There’s no way Disney is going to let the marvel cash cow escape central Florida for all time. But also this is just a dream scenario. It also wouldn’t make any financial sense for them to gut the tree of life just to move the theatre. But it would be really really cool. Realistic expectations should be no new announcements and just updates on current stuff.
The contract with universal unfortunately is in perpetuity… until universal decides to eventually retheme the area there is a limit to what marvel properties can be INSIDE THE PARKS east of the Mississippi
I emphasize what I did in bold as you can have the store in springs or monorail skins (magic kingdom lines only) or bus skins or the restaurant on the Wish put physical inside the gates of a park we can only have guardians of the galaxy, Eternals & possibly still Doctor Strange ….

I’m still curious to hear if the Shang Chi or Moon Knight property had any presence at universal or if they are up for Floridian grabs

All I want is for Chapek to announce they're going to revamp Journey Into Imagination. Then he can introduce a new friend to him but an old friend to most of us, the Dreamfinder, who will once again be added back to the attraction.

All I want is for Chapek to announce they're going to revamp Journey Into Imagination. Then he can introduce a new friend to him but an old friend to most of us, the Dreamfinder, who will once again be added back to the attraction.
If only

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter