D23 Expectations for new Rides?

MICHAELB1

Earning My Ears
I have been seeing a-lot of talk on some other forums about the "phase 3" of Hollywood Studios improvement and wanted to ask first and foremost: Can be corroborated by anyone who knows more than I. Also, what in general do you guys think we are gonna see in the post-COVID phase of Disney park improvements? I have really wondered if this year is going to be the explosion in investment in the parks to offset the crowds and draw more people to what seems like the terminal capacity of WDW and DL fanbases at the moment.

Keep in mind the most recent major additions or near future at least:

DHS
-Galaxies Edge
-Minnie and Micky's
AK
-Avatar ( although it is starting to get passed the "new land" type label
MK
-Tron
-Splash Mountain re-theme
Epcot
-Remy's
-Guardians of the Galaxy
-Moana
-Mary Poppins
-New Centerpieces

I'm not sure there's anyone here who has any insight on what might be announced but it should be an interesting expo, two headliner attractions should be completed by the time it comes around (maybe Tron's opening date is announced here?) so I'm very curious about what might be next. Curious about what happens with the Primeval Whirl space (and maybe Dinoland at large) and as always, we can speculate on a new country in Epcot.

Honestly, I think we are entering another recession phase and won't see much, if any, new construction beyond what is going on now and the Poly tower.

Disney will wait to see the outcome over the fight on RCID and theirn copyrights.

Just saw the new commercial for Guardians Cosmic Rewind (oddly enough on Fox News Channel). Guessing advertising isn't on the same page, as Fox is on the other side of the Disney Corp. when it comes to the recent Political issues in Florida.

Specifically for WDW, I think we are just going to get updates and minor announcements. We might see an opening date for Tron with maybe some releases of the attraction. The Splash re-theme may be given a date and some conception sketches.

D23 2019 had me all excited for the Mary Poppins attraction with the Step in Time production and bringing out Dick Van Dyke. So, I am keeping me expectations low.

I’d love to see a big addition to AK, but I also don’t think the current regime is keen to add anything that would fit with the spirit of the park. Would love an Australia or South America, but that’s more a pipe dream than anything.

I’m pretty much expecting this to be a down year for domestic parks announcements.

I am expecting some kind of Encanto announcement at some point. It's had a few temporary things in the park, like with what happened with Frozen, and they seem to be trying to incorporate it as much as possible 😀

Prediction:
-Tighter opening timeline for new toontown in DL and tron at WDW
-update on PatF splash mountain revamp
-update on play pavilion/dreamers point/moana…Epcot overall
-Encanto retheme of Tarzan treehouse (confirmation or opening timeline)
-retheme Swiss family treehouse to Encanto also or other Encanto attraction in Florida
-maybe something new to replace launchbay in DHS and/or primeval whirl in dak
-skyliner expansion
-name for DCL ship #6 and/or #7
-update on internal attractions

They should scrap dino-land keep the ride, and make it Indiana Jones themed land.

Wouldn't fit you would need to do a region of the world.

South America would fit well. Get Indiana Jones (that ride flipped cheap) , UP (do a FOP or Soarin style ride), and Encanto (dark boat ride start at the river scene and do the movie).

Could even keep the Dino bones area if you did a slight retheme to make it seem like you went to South America for escavation.

Wouldn't fit you would need to do a region of the world.

South America would fit well. Get Indiana Jones (that ride flipped cheap) , UP (do a FOP or Soarin style ride), and Encanto (dark boat ride start at the river scene and do the movie).

Could even keep the Dino bones area if you did a slight retheme to make it seem like you went to South America for escavation.
my plan is similar retheme to South America, Dino > Indy (or Encanto) ---Triceratops Spin either a flicks flyers/emotional whirlwind style flat ride themed to the up house (balloons) or keep the "Dumbo" style flat ride with capibaras or toucans (encanto themed or dip into Fox IP territory with Rio) Third attraction TBD in Primeval Whirl location (you could also do a Caballero attraction paving the way for Mexico Boat Ride to become coco)

Mexico Boat Ride to become coco)

Will likely never happen. They have zero queue space and no real way of redoing it. So best is to just slightly update the ride at most unless they can drastically increase through put.

I might be wrong though maybe they do have a way to make space for a new queue line somewhere.

My dream would be for Disney to move away from IP on every new attraction. I would love them to finish World Showcase like was originally planned. Each country have their own original attraction with no IP attached.

I get Disney's obsession with IP as it's used to sell their product. I don't understand why fans don't want original attractions for a change.

judging by the EPCOT 'announcement' last week, I think all we will be seeing is superficial stuff, just refresh of existing things. No new rides will be announced. Might get an opening date for TRON and the WDW railroad

Will likely never happen. They have zero queue space and no real way of redoing it. So best is to just slightly update the ride at most unless they can drastically increase through put.

I might be wrong though maybe they do have a way to make space for a new queue line somewhere.
I could see the marketplace area being gutted and having an area to the left blocked off for restaurant / La Cava access if they ever chose to reskin
My dream would be for Disney to move away from IP on every new attraction. I would love them to finish World Showcase like was originally planned. Each country have their own original attraction with no IP attached.

I get Disney's obsession with IP as it's used to sell their product. I don't understand why fans don't want original attractions for a change.
I’d love to see more original IP (ex figment, orange bird, chandu, Albert…)

I would think they’d have to put an addition on to the building for additional queue space, but I’m not sure if that’s feasible either

I would think they’d have to put an addition on to the building for additional queue space, but I’m not sure if that’s feasible either

Unfortunately it would be too costly but they really should level the building and rebuild it again to get extra space so you don't have the big choke point in Epcot.

Unfortunately it would be too costly but they really should level the building and rebuild it again to get extra space so you don't have the big choke point in Epcot.
I also looked, and there isn’t really space to the left of the pavilion (where the ride queue exists) to expand out. Pretty much just an alleyway between the odyssey building and Mexico

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter