Cvs 2/14-2/20 weekly deals

How would you work the free Sobe? I have the BOGO coupons and they are on sale for BOGO. Still working through ton of Fuse from two weeks ago (ended up with 78 bottles for next to nothing).:goodvibes

Interesting article on the AOL homepage today:

*Secrets of the Sale Circulars*
9 Tricks to Watch For By Julia Scott, WalletPop.com

I especially (don't!) like # 9 - which shows a picture of CVS & and ECB !! :scared1:

9. Bad Math

Certain retailers need help with numbers. If you spend $3 to get a $3 voucher to spend on a future purchase, your original item is not free, it is 50 percent off. Because in the end, you'll pay $3 for $6 worth of items. And that's assuming you find an item that sells for exactly $3.

It makes sense, but then I don't know - so what do you financial gurus say?

http://www.walletpop.com/specials/secrets-of-the-sales-circulars?ncid=webmaildl3

I've really loved CVSing but I admit, sometimes I wonder if it's really too good to be true (they're not in business to help me out :rolleyes: but to make a profit) and am I *really* saving that much?

:confused3
:headache:

How would you work the free Sobe? I have the BOGO coupons and they are on sale for BOGO. Still working through ton of Fuse from two weeks ago (ended up with 78 bottles for next to nothing).:goodvibes

When you use a BOGOF coupon on an item that is BOGOF, you get both free.

When you use a BOGOF coupon on an item that is BOGOF, you get both free.
:banana: You are right.
I guess its just the way you figure it out. If you are using the ECB to pay the 3.00 and then get 3.00 ECB back then the item is free...its a wash.
You do have to pay OP first in order to build the ECB..but most of the time you are using that investment over and over so the way I look at is paying less than 50% for something I need anyway and get most things free...its a good thing:thumbsup2

I especially (don't!) like # 9 - which shows a picture of CVS & and ECB !! :scared1:

9. Bad Math

Certain retailers need help with numbers. If you spend $3 to get a $3 voucher to spend on a future purchase, your original item is not free, it is 50 percent off. Because in the end, you'll pay $3 for $6 worth of items. And that's assuming you find an item that sells for exactly $3.

http://www.walletpop.com/specials/secrets-of-the-sales-circulars?ncid=webmaildl3

I've really loved CVSing but I admit, sometimes I wonder if it's really too good to be true (they're not in business to help me out :rolleyes: but to make a profit) and am I *really* saving that much?

You are saving if you do as Flaky said and keep rolling them.

But the perception by the average consumer is that they are going to walk in there and get the item for free with no OOP which is not the case. It's not "Bad Math" it's misleading advertising, which is probably going to be banned eventually because someone will complain to their congressman, which will make all these deals go away. :sad2:

I've had to stop mentally saying "I got this for free" and say I got this for 10 cents, etc. or whatever my OOP was divided across the number of items I bought.

9. Bad Math

That tip is absolutely true for MOST people, but not true for people (like us on this thread) who actually use the rewards system to the maximum it is designed for. The average person will buy, let's say a toothpaste for $3, pay out of pocket $3, and get a 3 ecb back. They will then turn around and buy a gallon of milk for $3, use the ecb, and pay nothing, so they feel they are getting free milk.

Not really. They paid $3 for toothpaste and milk, so $1.50 each, and no ecb in their pocket.

On the other hand, if you really use ecb the way we use them here, you would have take those 3 ecb and bought some shampoo for 4 dollars, used a $1 coupon, and gotten 3 ecb back. At the end of our transaction, you have two items at $1.50 each, but 3 ecb still in your pocket. Multiply this by as many times we roll the original ecb, and it truly starts to approach free.

It took me a while to wrap my head around the benefits, but they are definitely there. Some people work the frequent flyer programs, some do it with credit card loyalty programs, we do it with drugstore products:rotfl:

9. Bad Math

Really, it is that good! CVS isn't stupid. MOST people don't work the ECB system like we do. They go into the store because they saw they could get a tube of toothpaste for free (after ECB). But then, while they are there they pick up that snuggie they have been wanting and some Valentine candy and a toy for the kid who is screaming and, oh yeah, we need toilet paper and milk, etc. etc. etc.

They do the ECB deals TO GET YOU IN THE STORE. The trick is to be disciplined and not buy other stuff! Especially because its probably overpriced there anyway. If you do that, you really can get out of the store paying only tax OOP.

Maggie

Not a great week. But here are some deals I am going to do.

Colgate total advance toothpaste $2.99
-$1 from All you magazine
=$1.99
Get back $2 ECB

Cover Girl Pressed Powder x 2 = $6 x $2 = $12
- B1G1 coupon from 2/7 SS = - $6
= $6 OOP
Get back $5 ECB
(some people are able to also include a $1 off covergirl coupon in addition to the B1G1 coupon)

Aussie Shampoo or conditioner $2.99
-$1 from 2/7 P&g
= $1.99
Get back $2 ECB

Crest Pro Heath Enamel Toothpaste x 2 = $3.50 x 2 = $7
-$1.50 / 2 from 2/7 P&G
= $5.50
Get back $7 ECB

Wisk x 2 = $6.79 x 2 = $13.58
-B1G1F sale = - $6.79
-2 x $2/1 from 1/31 RP
=$2.79

SoBe B1G1
-B1GF printable
= free SoBe

Also CVS tissues are on sale for .99 and I got a $1/2 CVS coupon from the coupon machine.

Quick Question -

Okay, I'm tired of the deals being sold out when I mosey on over to my CVS. I'm still getting pretty good deals, but I'm not that great at juggling coupons on the fly and missed $1 off :-)sad1:) today on the Nivea deal.

So I'm going to go tomorrow morning and hope the Crest deal and Cover Girl stuff is still in stock. My CVS is 24 hours - so who knows what time the deals start? If it's at 12:01 am, I'd much rather go over before going to bed than waking up early on a Sunday.

As for the "bad math" - I'm not a CVS super roller by any means. Tomorrow I pretty much plan on spending the $14 ECBS I'm earning in the next transaction on cereal and some cleaning products. However, I'd be buying the cereal and cleaning products at another grocery store using only coupons, so sometimes I think it's worth it to use the ECBs on things I would be buying anyway. I'll be spending around $7 OOP and getting $50 worth of stuff, or about $0.40 an item. For me, that's okay, because otherwise I worry that I'll just have a huge stockpile of body wash and toothpaste (I've only been doing this since the beginning of February and we've already gotten 4 body washes and 3 toothpastes) and I don't want to have more on hand than we can reasonably expect to use in one year.

Many stores activate their sales Sat. afternoon/evening. Either check with your cashier or manager. Or, scan something that is supposed to be on sale with the next week's ad and see if it comes up the sale price. If so, the new sales have been activated.

Maggie

Quick Question -

Okay, I'm tired of the deals being sold out when I mosey on over to my CVS. I'm still getting pretty good deals, but I'm not that great at juggling coupons on the fly and missed $1 off :-)sad1:) today on the Nivea deal.

So I'm going to go tomorrow morning and hope the Crest deal and Cover Girl stuff is still in stock. My CVS is 24 hours - so who knows what time the deals start? If it's at 12:01 am, I'd much rather go over before going to bed than waking up early on a Sunday.

As for the "bad math" - I'm not a CVS super roller by any means. Tomorrow I pretty much plan on spending the $14 ECBS I'm earning in the next transaction on cereal and some cleaning products. However, I'd be buying the cereal and cleaning products at another grocery store using only coupons, so sometimes I think it's worth it to use the ECBs on things I would be buying anyway. I'll be spending around $7 OOP and getting $50 worth of stuff, or about $0.40 an item. For me, that's okay, because otherwise I worry that I'll just have a huge stockpile of body wash and toothpaste (I've only been doing this since the beginning of February and we've already gotten 4 body washes and 3 toothpastes) and I don't want to have more on hand than we can reasonably expect to use in one year.

Do you have your $1 coupon still?

My CVS will take coupons after the fact.

It can't hurt to ask next time you go in.

As for your CVS being out of stuff and not being able to juggle coupons on the fly.

I sort out all the deals on a spreadsheet before hand for which I have coupons and print them out.

I put all the coupons I have in the folded copy of the spreadsheet.

I priortize the deals I want most vs the deals that are okay. I go to the more desirable deals first. If I can make them work great, if not then I move on to the next deal on my list.

HTH

My CVS's cashiers have been real downer's lately. It's like I bother them with all my coupons and stuff. At first it got to me but then I realized I'm following their guideline and do nothing wrong. So deal with me, I'm NOT going away!!

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.

Now I'm going to CVS's to anoy (sp?) so people, wish me luck.

Michelle

Cover Girl Pressed Powder x 2 = $6 x $2 = $12
- B1G1 coupon from 2/7 SS = - $6
= $6 OOP
Get back $5 ECB
(some people are able to also include a $1 off covergirl coupon in addition to the B1G1 coupon)

I just went to cut out my coupons for my CVS run and I don't think we got the B1G1 covergirl coupons. All we got was a $2.50 off 2 or a $1 off 1. :sad2: Looks like no Covergirl for me.

Maggie

I just went to cut out my coupons for my CVS run and I don't think we got the B1G1 covergirl coupons. All we got was a $2.50 off 2 or a $1 off 1. :sad2: Looks like no Covergirl for me.

Maggie

I read on another site that some people use a B1G1 coupon plus an additional $1 off coupon. Is that legit? :confused3

I got 2 of the Crest Pro-Health rinse (less two $2 mfgs. so that was a good money-maker), 2 of the big Glade soy candles (used a $3 CRT and a $3/2), 1 Aussie ($1 mfg.), 1 Colgate ($1 mfg), 8 SoBe (4 BOGO), and 2 packages of Cottonelle (less two $1 mfgs.). I had an emailed $5/30. I came pretty close to breaking even, so almost free toilet paper (that's always a goal lol).

Good luck everyone!

I read on another site that some people use a B1G1 coupon plus an additional $1 off coupon. Is that legit? :confused3

It works, but I don't do it - for some reason, that always bugged me - not saying to not do it though as they don't care, they get reimbursed. I think you have to give the $1 off first. At Woodbury, they will beg you to use both lol - I am now being reminded to use expired coupons. It's gotten almost crazy in there!

I think its YMMV. My store won't let me. But other stores will. I think the order matters. They need to scan the $ off coupon first. Then the B1G1 will beep anyway for them to add the price.

Maggie

Maggie

I know the inserts can be different for different areas of the country and had almost given up on this one. It was located in an odd spot in my insert. Instead of being with the other covergirl coupons, it was on the page with the picture of the ice skate and herbal essences shampoo bottle.

Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter