Current delays in receiving closing documents

We passed 4/2 and just got closing docs today 4/15. We went through **********. Attorney is handling title. So far so good.

My contract closed today too!! The entire process took 8 weeks from offer accepted on February 18, ROFR waived on March 18, final papers on April 9, to closing today. :yay: Of course, I still have to wait for Disney to establish my account.

I will probably buy another contract later this year. I learned a lot from this experience that will help me next time: definitely buy resale, buy a stripped contract (much less likely to be taken at ROFR it appears), and start the process at least 4-5 months from when you really need the points.

I would like to thank all the wonderful DISBoard members who helped me learn the lingo, figure out what to buy and how much to bid, and who supported me during the LONG ROFR and waiting for final paperwork processes!

Just an FYI for all of your timelines. I closed as a seller on March 28 and the points just left my account today, so 18 days after closing and buyer should have points. Sent to ROFR Feb 3rd. So 10 full weeks. I have bought 4 contracts and this is my first as seller and never longer than 8 weeks. Disney certainly dragging things out recently.

My contract closed today too!! The entire process took 8 weeks from offer accepted on February 18, ROFR waived on March 18, final papers on April 9, to closing today. :yay: Of course, I still have to wait for Disney to establish my account. I will probably buy another contract later this year. I learned a lot from this experience that will help me next time: definitely buy resale, buy a stripped contract (much less likely to be taken at ROFR it appears), and start the process at least 4-5 months from when you really need the points. I would like to thank all the wonderful DISBoard members who helped me learn the lingo, figure out what to buy and how much to bid, and who supported me during the LONG ROFR and waiting for final paperwork processes!

Congratulations! It has been a long process. I am now waiting for the seller to return their paper work. I will post my timeline once I make it to the finish line.

Offered full price for a contract on 02/12. Title company said I passed ROFR on 03/18. Got closing documents to sign on evening of 04/03. Sent docs and bank check on 04/04. Sellers got their signatures notarized on 04/08; don't know when they sent the docs to title company. Title Company got payoff info from Disney on 04/15. (The sellers owed money to Disney, so Disney had to tell the title company how much of my money had to go to Disney to pay off what the sellers owed.) Closed on 04/15. Deed was not on Orange County Comptroller's website on 04/15 but it was on 04/16.

Interestingly enough, the Waiver of Right of First Refusal also was on the Orange County Comptroller website, and it is dated 03/11. Title company had told me Disney waived ROFR on 03/18; maybe 03/18 was the date that the title company received the waiver from Disney?

So a full two months from offer to closing. We'll see how much additional time before the points appear when I log onto the DVC member website. (I already have a contract titled the same way for the same Use Year).

Thanks everyone who replied.

We got our documents on 4/10/14 and finally closed 4/23/14 (the delay was my fault as I organised a cashiers check to be sent from our US account, and not realising US mail, is not next day, like in the UK, it didn't arrive until, 4/21/14).

Anyway I digress, I have another question.

My 7 month window opens on Wednesday, and I bought this contract because I needed the additional points, is it worth chasing member services, or will I be wasting a phone call?

Thanks in advance.

My 7 month window opens on Wednesday, and I bought this contract because I needed the additional points, is it worth chasing member services, or will I be wasting a phone call?

Is this an add-on or new contract? Meaning did you buy the same UY and names on the deed are the same as your original? If so, then you'll see the points/contract posted on your account. If it's there, I'd call. If not, then it'll be a wasted call. Considering the wait times recently, for booking Thanksgiving, it might be a wait for the first week of Dec as well.

Is this an add-on or new contract? Meaning did you buy the same UY and names on the deed are the same as your original? If so, then you'll see the points/contract posted on your account. If it's there, I'd call. If not, then it'll be a wasted call. Considering the wait times recently, for booking Thanksgiving, it might be a wait for the first week of Dec as well.

Hi,

It's the same UY and names but different resort.

There's nothing showing on our account yet.

facebook twitter