Cuban restaurant?

I am another S Floridian. DO NOT go to Bongos. It used to be good but is terrible now. Took a co worker there for dinner the service and food were awful. The Columbia is a good restaurant and they do have a very good Cuban sandwich. Love their 1901 Salad.
Zaza's is another good one.
I agree that Bongos has changed. We had a great meal there last October and when we went again last month the menu had changed and the food was not as good as our last trip. The portions were smaller too. We were very disappointed.

Born and raised in Miami here, but not Cuban. Hubby is cuban American though. We LOVE Columbia restaurant, but we also consider it more Spanish. We've been to the original one in ybor city and in st. Augustine. Haven't been to the one in celebration, but I need to add that to our must do next time we go! I agree about bongos. It went down. We actually lived in north central Florida for 5 years, but we weren't satisfied with the Cuban restaurants around there. We're back in south Florida and this time we're not taking Cuban food for granted. Lol!

Those comments are from two years ago.

I like Bongo's, just not sure I'd call it great Cuban food, but than I've never found great Cuban in Orlando. If you expect Miami level Cuban, you will be disappointed.

I think Padrino's is the best Cuban in the area.
Even though my original reply was from more than two years ago, what I say still applies. I really like the Columbia restaurant. In Tampa, there are many good Cuban/Spanish restaurants, and Bongos is more expensive, and the food isn't great for the price. A few years back, you could get a decent Cuban sandwich at both Mara food court and at the ABC Commissary at Hollywood studios. It was our go to quick service choice. It wasn't as good as Columbia or the hole in the wall Cuban restaurants there are in Tampa and was more expensive, but. it fit the bill. It was quick and available, and decent. We were in Orlando last week, and my son and husband wanted a Cuban sandwich. Didn't want to drive to Tampa. I didn't know about Padrino's though, so we didn't stop to try it out. Now I wish we had.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter