CSR is great!!

Glad you're having a great time Buzz! Thanks for all the awesome pictures!!

Someone just posted that a CM just told her that the CSR pool will be getting resurfaced in March & April. . .

Buzz... say it ain't so!!!!!!

Thanks for the good wishes everyone! Off to Epcot this morning. We'll spend the day there before dinner at Cape May and the Illiuminations cruise tonight.

Buzz is there a special Illuminations cruise or are you just going to be on the boat coming back from Cape May during that time?

I really need to know about the pool closing. We are going at the end of March. That is just 6 weeks away. I can't believe Disney would not announce the pool closing. I will try to get a room somewhere else if the pool is closed. We are planning a lot of pool time and really want a hot tub and slide, so the quiet pools are not an option.

Last edited:
I would like to know too please....because we are going for the nice pool and if its under construction we'll choose to stay at another resort.....

Thanks@!

I really need to know about the pool closing. We are going at the end of March. That is just 6 weeks away. I can't believe Disney would not announce the pool closing. I will try to get a room somewhere else if the pool is closed. We are planning a lot of pool time and really want a hot tub and slide, so the quiet pools are not an option.
This will make me really :mad: especially if we can't get a room at another moderate.

I'm with you, as much as I love CSR. I have scheduled a full day at the pool plus a couple of afternoons. It will be a bad thing if the Dig Site is closed!

Hola! Live from CSR!! Just got back from DHS. Weather - 87 degrees today, sunny, no humidity. The lines were long for ToT (70 mins) and RnR (120 mins), FP's work great!

Check in at 9:00am - two connecting rooms in cabana 9b on the backside facing the lake, 9529 and 9530. Villhermosa (from Mexico) was great! The king room is normal, high bed and tub. The rooms are in excellent condition. A small dent in the wall by the table in the king room. Looks like someone slammed the table into the wall. Check in took only 10 mins. I was second in line.

The double bed room has new plastic covering that encases er the sheets to prevent bed bugs. Also, new alarm clock that are MP3/CD player compatible. It has a a plug on the side for the players. I'll load pics later.

Had breakfast at the PM, It was crowded but CM Debbie got our drinks and refills and bussed our table. Pink lemonade was available along with the soda, tea, coffee and iced tea.

Heading out to MK tonight, open until 3:00am!

I talked to one of the life guards at the pool and she didn't know anything about the pool closing. She suggested calling recreation because they do all pool maintenance for WDW. I'll keep checking.

Questions, ask away!

More to follow!

ps - I'll get the questions answered from the folks who PM'd me asap.

Buzz -

You rock. I needed 3 rooms - my parents are older, and we're in 9550, 9551 and 9552. 9B request was made per your site, plus a few calls both a week and a day before I got here. 3 rooms, connecting, with a beautiful view of the lake, 100 yafrds from Stop 1 and a hop farther for the dig site. Got in at 1 today, hung out at the Dig Site (no renovations) and it's practically empty here this week. CM's are saying that this is a great week for CS because no conventions (actually there's 1 or 2, but I'd say there were 70 people at the pool this afternoon).

Sorry to scream this out, but CSR is by far the best resort on Disney for all-around value.

Don't be surprised if you get a knock on your door.

Best,

Alan K

Newton, MA

Buzz is there a special Illuminations cruise or are you just going to be on the boat coming back from Cape May during that time?
It's a special boat. They cruise around the lake towards MGM and then park under the bridge for the firework. There is a sticky thread on the theme parks page about the cruise.

Buzz -

You rock. I needed 3 rooms - my parents are older, and we're in 9550, 9551 and 9552. 9B request was made per your site, plus a few calls both a week and a day before I got here. 3 rooms, connecting, with a beautiful view of the lake, 100 yafrds from Stop 1 and a hop farther for the dig site. Got in at 1 today, hung out at the Dig Site (no renovations) and it's practically empty here this week. CM's are saying that this is a great week for CS because no conventions (actually there's 1 or 2, but I'd say there were 70 people at the pool this afternoon).

Sorry to scream this out, but CSR is by far the best resort on Disney for all-around value.

Don't be surprised if you get a knock on your door.

Best,

Alan K

Newton, MA
I was at the pool too! From 1 till 4pm. Pool and pool area was dead.

http://i31.tinypic.com/1zxmrnd.jpg

http://i30.tinypic.com/ohtm4x.jpg

http://i29.tinypic.com/2d0bcaw.jpg

http://i28.tinypic.com/2e3v78z.jpg

I just called recreation and they said they knew nothing about the pool rehab. They transferred me to guest services and they knew nothing either.

Sorry, no help here yet.

Back to the plastic mattress cover.....are all the resorts getting them? and do you sweat sleeping on it?

Buzz, it is so fun living my life (right now on a stinkin' commuter bus) vicariously through you! Thanks again for the updates, only 31 days until my trip to Disney...

I sure hope they are wrong about the pool being resurfaced in March.... we're there from 3/20 - 3/26/06 ... that would stink. They've announced the pool being re-done at CBR for months, why would it be a surprise at CSR?? Doesn't make much sense & I'm not worrying about it..

I just called recreation and they said they knew nothing about the pool rehab. They transferred me to guest services and they knew nothing either.

Sorry, no help here yet.

No way! The more people you ask, the more who know nothing about a refurb... the better!!!

Sorry, no help here yet.

I was told by my AAA travel agent that Disney would NEVER have two moderate resort main pools closed at the same time. I just read posted on another site that the Caribbean Beach Resort main pool is scheduled to be closed from January 07, 2008 to September 15, 2008!

So, I would say that CSR's main pool should not be closed at all during this time.... wouldn't you all?

Buzz- I was at work all day wondering what fun you were having! Especially since it was a whole 15 degrees here today! Thanks for finding out about the pool! Keep the good info coming!!!!

I was told by my AAA travel agent that Disney would NEVER have two moderate resort main pools closed at the same time. I just read posted on another site that the Caribbean Beach Resort main pool is scheduled to be closed from January 07, 2008 to September 15, 2008!

So, I would say that CSR's main pool should not be closed at all during this time.... wouldn't you all?
Plus POFQ's pool is closed until March. I can't see three mod pools being closed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter