CSR compared to Poly

bhillier

Mouseketeer
I was just looking @ pictures of the CSR. That looks like a great place. nice atmosphere, pool. So how does this place compare to the Poly. I have my first trip to DW comming up (les then a month) and to tell you the truth CSR looks much nicer than the Poly to me. Has any one been to both? Which do you prefer? Do you think I just saw a set of great pictures?:confused:

I'm not ready to cancel my Poly concierge resies yet but I am wondering about the two resorts.

I've been to both.

Let me see....CSR's pool is 100 times better IMO. Larger, and I love the theming.

Both have great food courts.

I don't know it's really hard to say actually...Poly has the monorail which is great. CSR is very spread out and very private. Both have beautiful grounds.

I guess it comes down to money. If I could afford to stay at the Poly everytime I would stay there....it's my fav Deluxe...but CSR is a nice "runner-up" for less money.

Some will say Poly has a better location, the monorail to Epcot and MK but to me and my family, CSR is a great resort. We love the theme, atmosphere, landscaping, transportation (not shared), the Pepper Market and most of all the main pool area. To each his/her own but for us its CSR all the way.

The good news is both are wonderful places. For my wife and I we would pick the Polynesian hands down, for us it is everything Disney is supposed to be. As your seeing already opinions are going to differ but the one thing all will agree on is either place you will have a WONDERFUL experience.

I would choose the Poly over CSR if $$$ were no object, BUT I have to say that when I stayed at CSR we went over to the Poly for dinner. When we came "home" to CSR it was every bit as beautiful. At night, it is really is something. For a moderate resort, CSR has a very deluxe feel to it. Here is my new CSR slogan:

"Save $$$ and feel like you splurged!"

thanks for the feedback. I'll be checking with others in my party to see what they want to do.

fyi - the beds at csr are doubles, not queens.

i did really like it there when we went last november. i would definately stay again. ::yes::

Both are indeed beautiful resorts, but there are differences between a moderate and a deluxe (hence the price difference). Entry to rooms at moderate resorts is from outside while at a deluxe resort rooms are accessed via interior corridors. The rooms at moderates will be smaller than those at most deluxe resorts, and beds will be full size as opposed to the queens at most deluxes. Rooms at deluxes will usually have balconies- not so at a moderate. Deluxes also usually have more upscale dining options.
Just my two cents.

My last trip was to CSR, this time we'll be staying at the POLY. I know will love POLY but I'm sure next time I will be back at CSR. For my money, it was great. Another thing to consider, CSR has really good bus service. It is centrally located, so none of the rides to the parks are really long.

I would love to stay at the poly....but since it is little over our budget we chose CSR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter