CSR and CBR are about to undergo impressive changes

Bummer. That was, of course, the best location in the resort.

I was always fond of Casitas 1 or 3 - directly connected to El Centro through the convention center, so you could easily get back and forth even in the rain.

OH NO!!!! Say it isn't so!

We LOVED CSR! It was one of the few good deals in WDW! A 15 story tower will really affect the atmosphere of the resort. I am so sad............:sad:

Ryan and I are officially looking for a new home resort. This will completely destroy the peaceful, away-from-it-all vibe of Coronado Springs. Very, very sad news for CSR fans.
My wife and I are debating about looking for a new home resort from CBR. We love CBR because it is a little larger and that we don't feel swamped by crowds...not sure that is going to be the same with the new additions. It is all about the $$$ for the Mouse now.

I'm not sure I understand, are both CSR and CBR getting tower buildings? CSR's will get a business concierge tower. CBR will eventually have a DVC tower but first Centre towne will be reimagined with new restaurants, shops, check in, food court area? Is this the end of the moderate resort category except for POR and POFQ? My family are huge CBR fans and this is very upsetting for us. Our next stay there is this coming May and now I'm concerned about construction and that this stay will be our last stay at CBR, the moderate resort we know and love.

While the changes look very impressive, I believe we are witnessing the beginning of the end of moderate resorts. Disney seems to be moving to a new upscale model to draw in a higher class of clientele. Similar to the new upscale redesign of Disney Springs.
Disney Springs has lost that Disney feel and seems more like a high-priced shopping mall.

While the changes look very impressive, I believe we are witnessing the beginning of the end of moderate resorts. Disney seems to be moving to a new upscale model to draw in a higher class of clientele. Similar to the new upscale redesign of Disney Springs.
With the new skyway going in, I'm wondering if they are going to try and move Art of Animation up to the moderate category. As is, the Little Mermaid rooms are already, in my opinion, significantly better than the rooms at Pop or the All Stars. The only thing downside to the rooms is that they are the farthest section from the main building. I don't know where the skyway is going in at AOA, but if it is by the Little Mermaid section, it won't be hard to advertise the entire resort as something more than a value. Plus, the suites there are already much more similar to the Fort Wilderness Cabins (which are considered to be moderates) than any other resort on property. I'm thinking that they will keep the All Stars and Pop as a value, bump up AOA to join the Port Orleans resorts in the moderate category. Caribbean Beach will find itself in an interesting category similar to Old Key West and Saratoga Springs - all DVC properties with special transportation (gondolas for CBR and the boat to Disney Springs for SSR and OKW) but not exactly the same convenience that BWV, BCV, BLT, VGF etc. have. Then, Coronado Springs will kind of end up in a category all its own, almost like how Fort Wilderness gets its own category, because it will have the regular rooms that have always been very nice for the moderate category, but also the suites and such that often accompany a convention resort.

I know I am very likely in the minority here, but I'm excited to see these changes. It's nice to see a change that isn't the result of destroying something existing (thinking of the whole Tower of Terror changing to Guardians of the Galaxy rumor that was going around a while back) and resort construction that isn't solely DVC properties.

I'm not sure I understand, are both CSR and CBR getting tower buildings? CSR's will get a business concierge tower. CBR will eventually have a DVC tower but first Centre towne will be reimagined with new restaurants, shops, check in, food court area? Is this the end of the moderate resort category except for POR and POFQ?
The existing buildings that remain will still be moderate-class buildings, with external entry and 314 (or 344 for CBR) square feet. So those rooms almost certainly will have to remain moderates - though they could be plussed-up inside to make them a more "posh" level of moderate.

I don't know where the skyway is going in at AOA, but if it is by the Little Mermaid section, it won't be hard to advertise the entire resort as something more than a value.
It's odd, that the map that has appeared online for the gondola station seems to have the terminal at the front of *Pop* - nowhere near AoA. So something's still unclear at the moment.

I'm very interested to see how this new flurry of activity works itself out - hopefully a good number of "hits", but probably with a "miss" or two along the way.

And the second new tower at the Contemporary is still to be announced, but that one sounds pretty likely to happen as well.

Ryan and I are officially looking for a new home resort. This will completely destroy the peaceful, away-from-it-all vibe of Coronado Springs. Very, very sad news for CSR fans.

I agree with your statement. CSR has been our favorite resort since we felt price out of the Poly many years ago. I don't want my secret deluxe at a moderate price resort to turn into a deluxe resort at deluxe prices!

For those wondering, building 9B (Business Class) at CSR was demolished this week to make room for the new tower.

For those wondering, building 9B (Business Class) at CSR was demolished this week to make room for the new tower.
Wow, how did this *not* get reported earlier! That would have set off all sorts of discussions.

Wow, how did this *not* get reported earlier! That would have set off all sorts of discussions.

It was talked about quite a bit in the CSR FAQ Thread when it was announced a couple months ago. Guests who had Business Class reservations were moved to AKL Club Level.

My fiance and I will be staying at CSR in September on our Disneymoon - and I'm slightly concerned of this disruption this might cause. Does anyone know if Disney alerts guests staying at resorts that there may be some 'pixie dust' that we'll have to pardon? I read that this construction will begin in Fall 2016 - so here's hoping it starts just after we leave.
Has anyone had experience requesting an upgrade/changing reservations because of potential construction?

Thanks in advance :)

And pricing out the middle class even more.

I am a huge Disney Fan (AP holder)... but I will say was a person that goes to WDW and has a convention at CSR every year this will be a huge thing for convention goers. I love our conference at Disney because I love Disney but its not the easiest as a guest with rooms all over the place. The tower is going to make things much better as a convention guest. Especially when you have to run to your room for things.

Why do these plans preclude cbr getting dvc? Couldn't they be building infrastructure before adding the dvc? Would make it easier to sell.

My fiance and I will be staying at CSR in September on our Disneymoon - and I'm slightly concerned of this disruption this might cause. Does anyone know if Disney alerts guests staying at resorts that there may be some 'pixie dust' that we'll have to pardon? I read that this construction will begin in Fall 2016 - so here's hoping it starts just after we leave.
Thanks in advance :)

Disney does tend to warn guests if there is construction going on at a resort that would disrupt your stay - updates to Wilderness Lodge and the Polynesian recently come to mind as warranting notice.

I imagine you'll get an email shortly, the website will be updated, notifying you about the construction.

Why do these plans preclude cbr getting dvc? Couldn't they be building infrastructure before adding the dvc? Would make it easier to sell.
I suppose there is no guarantee, but this is the 1st time since 9/11 that Disney has built more cash rooms.
(AoA was finishing shells of buildings)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter