CSR and CBR are about to undergo impressive changes

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by PlutoTheDog89, Feb 16, 2017.

1. PlutoTheDog89

PlutoTheDog89 DIS Veteran

LINK

Thoughts? Does this mean CBR DVC was just a rumor or is this a completely different project?

Also, 15 stories is gonna be massive! As it stands now, CSR is, what, 4 stories? I'm really excited. I just wonder how much it's gonna cost. We love BC and enjoyed our stay, but if the mods are adding these kinds of amenities and staying at a lower price than deluxes, than it'd certainly sway us back.

2. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Completely different project. I'm pretty sure they released this to stop the DVC rumors for good.

With the new amenities mentioned in the press release, I don't see a significantly lower price than the deluxes.

nkereina, Kevin355, rosiebean and 3 others like this.
  3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Resort.

to hide this advert.
  4. KT0191

KT0191 It's "Mr. Banana Beak" to you, Fuzzy

As much as I like the changes...room prices are going to go way up.

butterfly71076 and Kevin355 like this.
  5. ellie05

ellie05 DIS Veteran

I am glad both resorts are going to get a good remodel, however I don't think this goes with the theme I am not a fan of the 15 story tower I think this takes the theme out of the resort and makes it feel just like another building.

It will be interesting to see the rates and it will probably take years of messy construction.

rosiebean and Dug720 like this.
  6. _auroraborealis_

_auroraborealis_ I like marshmallows. And adult beverages.

I don't know that I totally divorce this from DVC.

So, look at OKW. 1/3 of the resort is a 2057 expiration, the rest 2042. This could be some sort of pilot for what starts happening with certain RTUs...

IrishNYC likes this.
  7. mikedoyleblogger

mikedoyleblogger Traded in Disneyland for Magic Kingdom

Ryan and I are officially looking for a new home resort. This will completely destroy the peaceful, away-from-it-all vibe of Coronado Springs. Very, very sad news for CSR fans.

8. DLgal

DLgal DIS Veteran

This won't be DVC. They are trying to up their game for convention attendees, who generally expect more luxurious accommodations than what CS currently offers.

Tammy W likes this.
  9. 4HOLIDAYS

4HOLIDAYS DIS Veteran

I would think they then need to add alot for food options as well as weating to both resorts. And how about the pool areas? They better start planning how to add to that, not just another quiet pool. And buses....

I am ok with both if they add all the extra food, pool, buses, ...if they want to add taht many more rooms at both. I think the CBR addition sounds neat but we just stayed ther for the first time last SEPT and really enjoyed it. I most likely would not be in the tower but eating on the rooftop sounds cool.

nkereina likes this.
  10. IrishNYC

IrishNYC DIS Veteran

I'm excited for the future of CBR, but meanwhile, we've gone ahead and switched our upcoming stay to POR in light of the construction that will be going on.

Amy&Dan likes this.
  11. AdamEfimoff

AdamEfimoff DIS Veteran

I wonder if the DVC part will be deluxe and the rest of the hotel moderate. But I wonder with all the crowds throughout the year where all these people are going to go. It looks like new rooms and not just upgrades. Disney NEEDS to build a new park . NEW PARK or really think about updating and expanding EPCOT. But in reality they need to do both. I understand Disney needs to make profit. BUT when people are uncomfortable they will go elsewhere.

12. Dug720

Dug720 DIS Veteran

Makes me so sad. CBR has been my favorite and my Disney "home", but I doubt it will be after this. I already changed to AoA for August (don't like POR or POFQ (I know, I'm weird), and cannot stand CSR)... I don't know... I need to enjoy the heck out of this trip because so much is changing I don't feel like I'll be back for a while after this. :( At least I've got the ships to cruise!

13. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

CBR will very likely be DVC though.

14. rteetz

With the added amenities available to the entire resort, doubtful.

15. cigar95

cigar95 DIS weakest link

They haven't said, but I'm trying to figure out the particular location of the CSR tower. Is it possible that the current El Centro building will be the ground floor of the tower and they're going to build on top of that? Is that engineeringly-possible?

Speculation about the CBR repurposing has been around for a while now, but the CSR announcement seems to have come right out of left field. Hadn't heard any speculation about that one.

16. Irish_Mike

Irish_Mike DIS Veteran

It's going to be to the east of El Centro, between it and the Cabanas section.
    [​IMG]

If you look in the upper middle box of the plans, you can see the bridge across the lake that is shown in the upper portion of this image from Google Maps. Cabana Building 9B is going to be removed (The one directly in the center of the image), and it looks like the tower is going to go right in that area - removing the water in the southern portion.
    [​IMG]

Though it sounds like there is some speculation that a part of El Centro (Particularly the check in area) will be removed for additional space.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    rteetz likes this.
  17. johnnyr

johnnyr DIS Veteran

While the changes look very impressive, I believe we are witnessing the beginning of the end of moderate resorts. Disney seems to be moving to a new upscale model to draw in a higher class of clientele. Similar to the new upscale redesign of Disney Springs.

DoryGirl1963 and Kevin355 like this.
  18. rteetz

What Mike said. The existing lobby of the resort will just be a general area now. The main lobby will be part of the tower.

Tammy W likes this.
  19. rteetz

Rumors suggest Disney wants to move away from resort categories.

johnnyr likes this.
  20. johnnyr

johnnyr DIS Veteran

You are probably correct but that will translate into higher room costs. Someone has to pay for the renovations.

21. cigar95

cigar95 DIS weakest link

Bummer. That was, of course, the best location in the resort.

Kevin355 and rteetz like this.