CSE-- Pg. 74 SATAN'S HAMMER, Ch.18, pg.160 "Goodnight Sweetheart" epilogue

She was nice enough to pay for us to go to CRT this coming trip. So it all works out.

I didn't know they even made Cathode Ray Tubes anymore. (for those that don't know, that's what was a regular tv picture tube before they went all plasma and LCDy)

So, did Buzz have her baby? Don't leave us hanging here!

Well, she was supposed to have checked in by now I had hoped, and I told her I would let her tell, but that WAS a few days ago, so , geesh. I suppose I can tell you that she lost 9 pounds, 12 ounces, and the weight she lost, didn't have a handle on it. And most strange, she even named the weight, but I'll let her tell you that.

Ok, I think I fixed the link up above, I tried to get too cute I guess.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=46739638#post46739638

All right, all right.....I have been lazing away the time on my verandah here, calmly drinking mint juleps when I felt the siren call of Nebo's TR calling. Yeah, unlike SOME people who don't post due to a lack of AC, my excuse is an actual REASON for not posting......the complete dependence of a baby Buzz!! :goodvibes

Yep, I intended to post on Sunday, but well, what can I say, time got away from me. I knew Nebo wouldn't be able to resist spilling the beans for long. ;)

So baby Buzz is a beautiful little girl. She is just perfect! I know it is no secret to you guys how much I enjoy my children, and boy this precious newborn time is special. Stop reading guys for a second if you don't want the deets on how all this came about.

I turned out to be strep B positive which meant I was supposed to have a few doses of IV penicillin prior to giving birth. DD#1's birth was really fast so my midwife decided on 11/14/12 at my weekly appointment to have me come in to the hospital for an induction to try to get the antibiotics in my system prior to delivery. DH and I got to the hospital at 4:00 am on 11/15/12. They started me on an IV antibiotic drip and gave me a slight amount of pitocin to regulate the contractions I was having. At 6:30 am, my water broke on its own and the plan for all the doses of antibiotics ideally desired went out the window. Now the goal was to get two doses in, which ended up happening, thank goodness. I did get an epidural after an hour of fairly intense contractions. The really wild part is that DD decided to be quite an entrance maker herself by being born OP, or sunny side up! Most babies are born head down. DD was born face up, which happens in 5% of all births. She created quite a stir in labor and delivery and was a legend while we were there.

She weighed 9 pounds 12 ounces and was 21 inches long at birth. She arrived at 10:43 am. I gained 19 pounds during the pregnancy so Nebo is correct that I have experienced a dramatic weight loss to say the least! ;)

The kids are just so love with their new baby sister and I am so captivated by her as well. I think she just decided that she HAD to be born before the TR closed as she has been a thread throughout this one.

Thanks to all of you for all the love and support. I told Nebo that everyone here feels like a part of the family and I couldn't wait to share the news with you all. You guys are my peeps......at least the kind of peeps I like, not the yucky marshmallow ones! :laughing:

Oh yeah, and Nebo, I have a Christmas gift for you already. I was given a prescription for vikes to use for pain. I'm not using them, but they are probably pretty lightweight for you, just 325 mg.

I'm tossing around the thought of posting a picture of the new DD, just so you guys can see her. She really is a beautiful baby and she is as sweet as can be! :cloud9:

So I'm headed over to the newly opened TR to check it out and post late. I will have a rhythm down soon here with the baby schedule so posting will become a little more regular for me again. ;)

Yay, congratulations, Buzz! We definitly need a picture of the little princess. Oh boy, Mickey can't wait to get all your money now :)

You should have plenty of time posting now. I remember boing up all kinds of hours with new babies. Some of the best times ever!

Congratulations Buzz!!! What did you decide to name her, Neboette? Sounds like quite an entrance. I've heard those sunny side up births can be quite painful, so I'm glad you had an epidural.

Nebo, I'm so sad this report has come to an end. I can't believe you quoted the song "Nobody." I didn't think anyone knew that song. I used to love that one, way back in the day! And having a TV repair man for a father, I knew what CRTs were!

So glad this rolled into your next trip, so we won't be without a Nebo & Smidgy trip/report. Hope you and Smidgy have a wonderful trip (no injuries THIS time)!!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!!

ETA: to ask what the heck happened to your Bears last night??? YIKES! That was ugly.

Congrats Buzz!! I would love to see a pic of Buzzette aka Little Smidgy. :)

Jill in CO

To quote Monty Python, "I'm not dead yet!"

I haven't been on the Dis since Friday night... life. Whaddayagonnado? Going back to start catching up. Don't know if I'll get a chance to post anything today either. :sad2:

Congratulations to Buzz and her DH for their new arrival.

http://gfx.**********************/albums/ll149/glittergn/congratulations/1537932lzaw10ygk8.gif

To quote Monty Python, "I'm not dead yet!"

I haven't been on the Dis since Friday night... life. Whaddayagonnado? Going back to start catching up. Don't know if I'll get a chance to post anything today either. :sad2:

Isn't this the part where Nebo quickly closes the thread so Ponzi can't post on it:lmao:?

Congratulations Buzz!

All right, all right.....I have been lazing away the time on my verandah here, calmly drinking mint juleps when I felt the siren call of Nebo's TR calling. Yeah, unlike SOME people who don't post due to a lack of AC, my excuse is an actual REASON for not posting......the complete dependence of a baby Buzz!! :goodvibes

Yep, I intended to post on Sunday, but well, what can I say, time got away from me. I knew Nebo wouldn't be able to resist spilling the beans for long. ;)

So baby Buzz is a beautiful little girl. She is just perfect! I know it is no secret to you guys how much I enjoy my children, and boy this precious newborn time is special. Stop reading guys for a second if you don't want the deets on how all this came about.

I turned out to be strep B positive which meant I was supposed to have a few doses of IV penicillin prior to giving birth. DD#1's birth was really fast so my midwife decided on 11/14/12 at my weekly appointment to have me come in to the hospital for an induction to try to get the antibiotics in my system prior to delivery. DH and I got to the hospital at 4:00 am on 11/15/12. They started me on an IV antibiotic drip and gave me a slight amount of pitocin to regulate the contractions I was having. At 6:30 am, my water broke on its own and the plan for all the doses of antibiotics ideally desired went out the window. Now the goal was to get two doses in, which ended up happening, thank goodness. I did get an epidural after an hour of fairly intense contractions. The really wild part is that DD decided to be quite an entrance maker herself by being born OP, or sunny side up! Most babies are born head down. DD was born face up, which happens in 5% of all births. She created quite a stir in labor and delivery and was a legend while we were there.

She weighed 9 pounds 12 ounces and was 21 inches long at birth. She arrived at 10:43 am. I gained 19 pounds during the pregnancy so Nebo is correct that I have experienced a dramatic weight loss to say the least! ;)

The kids are just so love with their new baby sister and I am so captivated by her as well. I think she just decided that she HAD to be born before the TR closed as she has been a thread throughout this one.

Thanks to all of you for all the love and support. I told Nebo that everyone here feels like a part of the family and I couldn't wait to share the news with you all. You guys are my peeps......at least the kind of peeps I like, not the yucky marshmallow ones! :laughing:

Oh yeah, and Nebo, I have a Christmas gift for you already. I was given a prescription for vikes to use for pain. I'm not using them, but they are probably pretty lightweight for you, just 325 mg.

I'm tossing around the thought of posting a picture of the new DD, just so you guys can see her. She really is a beautiful baby and she is as sweet as can be! :cloud9:

So I'm headed over to the newly opened TR to check it out and post late. I will have a rhythm down soon here with the baby schedule so posting will become a little more regular for me again. ;)

Congratulations Buzz! A new addition to your family just in time for the holidays. Definitely something to be thankful for.

I will pit my "computer in the loft" summertime without AC any day of the week against your "dependent baby", girlie.

I tried, the natives got restless though.

. The really wild part is that DD decided to be quite an entrance maker herself by being born OP, or sunny side up! Most babies are born head down. DD was born face up, which happens in 5% of all births. She created quite a stir in labor and delivery and was a legend while we were there.

Glad you didn't order scrambled!

Thats not the important number, that 325 means how much acetaminophen there is, it's the smaller number that counts, usuall 5.0 or 7.5. That's how much synthetic codeine is in each pill.
Not that I'd know these things. :rolleyes2

Absolutely post a picture of the baby.
And then post a picture of the Vicodin.

Congratulations Buzz!!! What did you decide to name her, Neboette? Sounds like quite an entrance. I've heard those sunny side up births can be quite painful, so I'm glad you had an epidural.

Nebo, I'm so sad this report has come to an end. I can't believe you quoted the song "Nobody." I didn't think anyone knew that song. I used to love that one, way back in the day! And having a TV repair man for a father, I knew what CRTs were!

So glad this rolled into your next trip, so we won't be without a Nebo & Smidgy trip/report. Hope you and Smidgy have a wonderful trip (no injuries THIS time)!!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!!

ETA: to ask what the heck happened to your Bears last night??? YIKES! That was ugly.

Sure was ugly, but I never thought they were any good this year despite being 7-1 at one time.
And I hate to say this, but I wasn't trying to do a Nobody quote, where did I do this?

Is that the song that goes, "Your nobody called today, she hung up when I asked her name, and I wonder, does she think she's being clever?" I actually have that song on my computer and a couple disks I put it on.

Isn't this the part where Nebo quickly closes the thread so Ponzi can't post on it:lmao:?

Congratulations Buzz!

Hey, that's right! That's what he did ot me last time and closed out his report before I got back, but I still got the last word in by copy and pasting it in my report I remember.

Again, I want to thank all of you for contributing, and for all of Buzz's well wishes as well.

Thumper man, give me a call.

Thumper man, give me a call.

I'll give you a call after work. How about 8 pm your time? It will be 7 my time.

Today has been a busy day here. The nerve of them making me work right before a holiday. Don't they know it should be a Dis work day.

I'll give you a call after work. How about 8 pm your time? It will be 7 my time.

Today has been a busy day here. The nerve of them making me work right before a holiday. Don't they know it should be a Dis work day.

Yeah, sounds good, your in the mountain time zone?

Yeah, sounds good, your in the mountain time zone?

Since the mountains are only a 10-15 minute drive to get to from my house, that sounds pretty accurate. Depending on which mountains I go to that is.
If I decide to go to the Sangre de Cristo Mountains, which is where the Rocky Mountains pretty much end, then it takes me about an hour; but I'm still in the mountain time zone.

Congrats to Buzz on the new Buzzette!
babygirl0.gif

So Nebo, a woman gestates a baby -basically grows a human being - during the course of your trip report. That has got to be some kind of record. Buzz - congrats on the little Buzzette. Mazel Tov!

Congrats on your baby girl, Buzz!princess: Hope you're getting some rest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter