Crystal Palace PPO...worth it?

Dopey1980

Earning My Ears
I have an 8:10 Crystal Palace reservation. With everyone being let in the park early now is there any reason to keep it? I made a lunch reservation as well so I'm just deciding which to keep. We are on the dining plan so cost difference is not an issue and we usually prefer to eat breakfast in the room and do a table service at lunch as a break. So the only reason I would keep it is if there is still an advantage to do so.

I have an 8:10 Crystal Palace reservation. With everyone being let in the park early now is there any reason to keep it? I made a lunch reservation as well so I'm just deciding which to keep. We are on the dining plan so cost difference is not an issue and we usually prefer to eat breakfast in the room and do a table service at lunch as a break. So the only reason I would keep it is if there is still an advantage to do so.

So you only have the ressie for early park access?

There is no advantage if you don't want to eat breakfast there. You'll be let into the park at the same time everyone else is.

In the past, we have always included this in our plans as a way to get a great Castle shot and be about 5 minutes ahead of the crowds after we eat. We will be eating at CP either way, but if no advantage, eating TS for lunch that day fits into our plans better.

In the past, we have always included this in our plans as a way to get a great Castle shot and be about 5 minutes ahead of the crowds after we eat. We will be eating at CP either way, but if no advantage, eating TS for lunch that day fits into our plans better.
This won't happen anymore with the new opening procedure. If you enter the park at 8:00 AM on any day with the general public, you will likely see fewer crowds and a somewhat emptier Main Street for the first few minutes, but having an ADR won't help you.

We always did the PPO here, for the jump ahead of the crowds and because we love the breakfast here. This time, because of the new opening procedures, I booked a 10:30am breakfast, we can still get breakfast, but can rope drop some rides before eating and will start our FP's after that.

If the value of "worth it" is an empty castle shot and beating the crowds, you won't get either with the new opening procedure. But you won't get that any way you arrive without the CP ADR.

If the value of "worth it" is delicious brekkie before facing the day, then sure.

I love Pooh and I LOVE CP breakfast. I think the value is in getting it done before your day starts. I would pick breakfast over lunch there in a heartbeat. Also it is less expensive (unless you are on DDP then it doesn't matter). So yes I do think PPO breakfast at CP is worth it, but if the only reason you want it is early access to the rides it seems BoG is the way to go for that... it is much faster and you're in fantasyland before they let anyone else in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter