Crutches in restaurants.....

MariMouse

Earning My Ears
I'm not sure if this is best posted here or on the Restaurant forum.

I have a 17-yr-old who will be riding in a wheelchair but will also have crutches and will be able to crutch her way into restaurants. When making my ADRs there is only an option for wheelchair accessibility but no place to mention that she will need someplace to rest the crutches out of the way. We really do not need a wheelchair accessible table and would not want to use it when someone may really need it but I don't want anyone to trip over her crutches, either. Thoughts?

I have a 17-yr-old who will be riding in a wheelchair but will also have crutches and will be able to crutch her way into restaurants. When making my ADRs there is only an option for wheelchair accessibility but no place to mention that she will need someplace to rest the crutches out of the way. We really do not need a wheelchair accessible table and would not want to use it when someone may really need it but I don't want anyone to trip over her crutches, either. Thoughts?

I wouldn't worry about it. Making a table accessible basically means moving a chair out of the way. If your table isn't next to a wall where you can lean the crutches, the waiter can put the crutches somewhere out of the way and return them to your table when your DD needs them.

1) Your waiter will store the crutches during the meal.

2) An option is to lean the crutches against the table or a nearly wall or handy corner.
. . . this can be a good alternative
. . . if you have a noisy-rude-obnoxious neighbor, you can get their attention (THINK: crutches instead of a 2x4)
. . . and, at a buffet, tripping noisy neighbors is always fun and entertaining
:cool1:

Just take the chair into restaurants and transfer to the table.

You can get a crutch holder for your wheelchair. It's not that expensive. Of course, this would mean you would stay seated in the wheelchair.

You could probably jimmy something up yourself with Velcro or bungi cords.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter