Cruising with active hurricane - tips??!

If it's too bad to fly in on the 2nd - you'd try to fly in on the 3rd - if it's good enough to sail out of PC it may be good enough to fly in as well.
Or if you can tell in the days ahead it will be questionable on the 2nd - you could try to get there earlier... If there is an active hurricane warning - the trip insurance will help you for sure, but the airline likely will as well.

We are leaving tomorrow evening and are on the same sailing as you. I would suggest considering leaving soon if you can so you are in Orlando. Looks like by fri pm the storm should be out to sea but who knows for sure. I' draft her be there early than chance not making it. Seems out WDW days may be rained out but at least we will get on the ship.

We are leaving tomorrow evening and are on the same sailing as you. I would suggest considering leaving soon if you can so you are in Orlando. Looks like by fri pm the storm should be out to sea but who knows for sure. I' draft her be there early than chance not making it. Seems out WDW days may be rained out but at least we will get on the ship.
Disneymagicgirl : we are leaving in the morning of the 30th for Orlando - so we will be there! Our first WDW trip with the kids, so it's not ideal at all!!! :sad:
I'm a bit worried about taking the little ones into an active tropical storm... but hoping the system will weaken...something! ...and it looks like our Sailing on the 3rd will go out regardless - according to current forecast... so I am glad we are already in Orlando! However, I'm wondering, if the ships will dock (arrive) late in port that day we are to embark?
What do you guys think?
It's going to be an adventure, that's for sure! Hopefully a safe one for us all!!

Disneymagicgirl : we are leaving in the morning of the 30th for Orlando - so we will be there! Our first WDW trip with the kids, so it's not ideal at all!!! :sad:
I'm a bit worried about taking the little ones into an active tropical storm... but hoping the system will weaken...something! ...and it looks like our Sailing on the 3rd will go out regardless - according to current forecast... so I am glad we are already in Orlando! However, I'm wondering, if the ships will dock (arrive) late in port that day we are to embark?
What do you guys think?
It's going to be an adventure, that's for sure! Hopefully a safe one for us all!!
I just looked at the latest 11pm storm track and looks like Thurs will be a bust for us both but after that things should get better. I think now it is way up near the carolinas by Fri pm so the ship coming in saturday should get back fine!
Bad news...there is a new wave they expect to form into a storm off the coast of Africa. Oh well, at least we will be on the boat somewhere!

I just looked at the latest 11pm storm track and looks like Thurs will be a bust for us both but after that things should get better. I think now it is way up near the carolinas by Fri pm so the ship coming in saturday should get back fine!
Bad news...there is a new wave they expect to form into a storm off the coast of Africa. Oh well, at least we will be on the boat somewhere!

We made it to Orlando! Skies were ominous looking, but were able to enjoy the pool etc. Then torrential downpour ... Thunder, etc. Cleared up in evening. They did have the fireworks !
Nobody I asked of the cast members was sure of the forecast... My research tonight shows NINE may go a bit further north... We will see.. Also, yes, timing as you said now doesn't look like a delay for the incoming Fantasy!
I hope the "wave" will take a long long time... And veer into the northern Atlantic far from any land like Gaston!!

Just saw were Florida could get as much as 11 inches of rain in the next few days. Tampa Bay Buccaneers game was changed from Thur to Wed because of the severe weather. They have also closed the Everglades park so stay safe

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter