Cruising for Practically Free…Yep..I said Free!

As we got closer we got to talking to a CM….who was hilarious. He was saying that Disney is SHOCKED that they are drawing so many people to this area. They didn’t think it would be this busy and didn’t schedule enough people at first and the Queue was made too small as they didn’t expect the crowds….oh and they didn’t think about needing shade either. He said they had to quickly get umbrellas to line the queues after they realized it was going to be a hit hard with crowds.
It's weird that Disney wouldn't have expected all those things. It's a brand new ride of course people are going to want to try it out. I think once Star Wars land is open and it's been a few years the land probably won't be as popular as other rides. Maybe they just didn't want a huge line for a less popular ride.

Love all the pictures of the line for the ride. It definitely doesn't provide the shade needed to escape the hot Florida sun.

It's weird that Disney wouldn't have expected all those things. It's a brand new ride of course people are going to want to try it out. I think once Star Wars land is open and it's been a few years the land probably won't be as popular as other rides. Maybe they just didn't want a huge line for a less popular ride.

Love all the pictures of the line for the ride. It definitely doesn't provide the shade needed to escape the hot Florida sun.
I read it as the CM was being not sarcastic, because I bet they are not allowed to be sarcastic, but saying things that clearly Disney SHOULD have thought of.

The new Toy Story Area looks like a lot of fun. I think I will try to visit during the winter months though. Looking forward to reading the rest of your report.

Kate

My family lives just north of Columbus(we aren't from Ohio though) We also fly Southwest whenever we cruise since they always have a lot of direct flights to choose from when we go. Glad you mentioned their early check in, I always get it for our return trip home, but can't remember if I got it for our flight this time, better check on it. I thought I had read(I think on Scott's blog) that they had already dropped the Monte Crisco sandwich because of complaints about it. Can't believe how few tots they gave you, that's just sad!

That adult lemonade thing is neat and I love how they took the photo for you! :p

I hear you about the no shade situation! What the heck were they thinking??? :confused::confused::confused:

Cold? I would have taken them back! Warm is one thing but cold "potato barrels" is not acceptable! Especially when the outdoor temps are scorching?? WHAT??!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Loved the shot of you in the video :rotfl2:I've done that before...and scared myself :laughing:

Yeah, He was not impressed with the set up at all. He was so funny though in the way he said everything. I think all of DHS is going to be crazy after Star Wars opens for a few years. Look how Pandora was and that isn't nearly the magnitude of Star Wars. I would love to go to Star Wars next year but then I think...am I crazy? LOL

I read it as the CM was being not sarcastic, because I bet they are not allowed to be sarcastic, but saying things that clearly Disney SHOULD have thought of.

He was being very sarcastic when talking....I did think I bet he wasn't supposed to be talking that way and spilling his guts. hahaha.

The new Toy Story Area looks like a lot of fun. I think I will try to visit during the winter months though. Looking forward to reading the rest of your report.

Kate

Yes, I think it will be better in cooler months

My family lives just north of Columbus(we aren't from Ohio though) We also fly Southwest whenever we cruise since they always have a lot of direct flights to choose from when we go. Glad you mentioned their early check in, I always get it for our return trip home, but can't remember if I got it for our flight this time, better check on it. I thought I had read(I think on Scott's blog) that they had already dropped the Monte Crisco sandwich because of complaints about it. Can't believe how few tots they gave you, that's just sad!

I do love Southwest. We are so used to it so it is just easy for us. My mom used to swear she would never fly them, but now when she goes with us she does. LOL. And no complaints.

I wonder if they did take it away. Cass? Do you know? Was it there on your trip?

That adult lemonade thing is neat and I love how they took the photo for you! :p

It was all so new and they were still excited. They volunteered to take them when they saw me taking pictures.

I hear you about the no shade situation! What the heck were they thinking??? :confused::confused::confused:

pure crazy!!!

Cold? I would have taken them back! Warm is one thing but cold "potato barrels" is not acceptable! Especially when the outdoor temps are scorching?? WHAT??!!! :mad::mad::mad:

I could have but Claire (who wanted nothing) was eating them pretty fast anyways, so I didn't bother.

Loved the shot of you in the video :rotfl2:I've done that before...and scared myself :laughing:

I did it a couple times.....why does it turn on that way. LOL. I was so gross and sweaty!

Yeah, He was not impressed with the set up at all. He was so funny though in the way he said everything. I think all of DHS is going to be crazy after Star Wars opens for a few years. Look how Pandora was and that isn't nearly the magnitude of Star Wars. I would love to go to Star Wars next year but then I think...am I crazy? LOL
The only way I'm going to the Star Wars land early is if they do a passholder event like they did for Pandora. Otherwise I'm staying very far away lol. I could totally see 8 hour waits for some stuff and I don't want to deal with that craziness. But we are also planning on being there for Thanksgiving so who knows.

Time for our Amazing Slinky Dog Dash!!!!

dhs90 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I randomly snapped pictures through the whole ride.

dhs91 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs92 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs93 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We giggled the whole time!

dhs94 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs95 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs96 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs97 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It was so much fun!

dhs98 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs99 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And then we spotted it!

dhs100 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Yep! You can see Star Wars Land (Galaxy’s Edge)!!!!

dhs101 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs102 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs103 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs104 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs105 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Weeeeee!!!!

dhs106 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs107 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs108 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs109 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs110 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs111 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs112 by Jenseib, on Flickr

That was soooo much fun!!! We loved it! Honestly if it was cooler out we probably would have waited again. All in all, it was just under 1 hour from the time we got in line till the time we got off the ride. Not bad really, but with the heat and not much shade we just couldn’t do that again….and Mom was waiting for us as well.

We had texted her right before we got on the ride and let her know we would be meeting her soon. She said OK and her phone was about to die. UGH! She has a portable charger, but she never brings it with her.

We did find her after we got off and I handed her a charger so that her phone would be charged back up again. She had gone to watch the Incredibles first 15 minutes since it was in AC. She said it was nice to be cooled off.

We came across the Toy Soldiers once again.

dhs18 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And then we left Toy Story Land for our first Fastpass!

dhs19 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Star Tours! And it was fun!

We walked around a bit then and I think I was either answering emails or a text or something, so we found a spot to sit.

dhs21 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs113 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We did check out ToT, but the standby was long and Claire wasn’t feeling it either.

dhs114 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We also debated Rock N Roller Coaster, but we decided no on that too. It was just so hot and we never planned to hit the park hard today (or this trip really) anyways.

Some more walking around and we saw Chewy!

dhs22 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs23 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The only way I'm going to the Star Wars land early is if they do a passholder event like they did for Pandora. Otherwise I'm staying very far away lol. I could totally see 8 hour waits for some stuff and I don't want to deal with that craziness. But we are also planning on being there for Thanksgiving so who knows.

I hear you!

I have to say, the theming of that area with Slink Dog looks just amazing, absolutely spot on!!! Reminds me of Carsland in DCA (not the way it looks, just that they really nailed the theming). Shame about the lack of shade though, oy!!

Can't believe all the CLEAR photos you were able to obtain while on Slinky dog, that takes some talent, dang :rotfl2:

I have to say, the theming of that area with Slink Dog looks just amazing, absolutely spot on!!! Reminds me of Carsland in DCA (not the way it looks, just that they really nailed the theming). Shame about the lack of shade though, oy!!

Can't believe all the CLEAR photos you were able to obtain while on Slinky dog, that takes some talent, dang :rotfl2:

They did a great job with the theming!

Thanks. I pretty much only use my point and shoot camera anymore. I have some shoulder issues and the big camera is just too hard and heavy and painful to tote around on vacation anymore.

Claire wanted to ride Alien Saucer Spin and according to the App, we had just enough time….maybe….before our lunch reservation. We decided to give it a try and hope we would get through on time.

dhs24 by Jenseib, on Flickr

More video.

dhs25 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs26 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs27 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I never did use the restrooms in this land, but mom did. I asked her if they were cute and she looked at me like I was crazy. LOL.

dhs28 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Claire and I got in line and Mom once again sat out. I think she went back and watched the Incredibles again to cool off.

dhs29 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs118 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs115 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs116 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs117 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I think the wait was around said to be around 30 minutes or so. It was so stinking hot too and I was sweating so much that my foundation (yes I wasn’t thinking and wore foundation that day) was melting off and getting in my eyes. They were stinging so bad and my eyes were watering. I complained to Claire about it a few times and she later told me that the guy by us in line kept giving me dirty looks when I would. Boy he is lucky I didn’t know that at the time. I might have given him some of my eye sweat to try out and see if he liked it! Hahaha.

dhs30 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs119 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs120 by Jenseib, on Flickr

As we got closer the line seemed to slow down. It was going to be running really close to make it to lunch on time.

dhs31 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs32 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs33 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs121 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs122 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Finally it was our turn. Yep, it was also about 5 minutes away from our lunch ADR…but we would be ok.

dhs123 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And I took video of our ride!

It was a fun ride, but not great. Many people think it is going to be like the Tea Cups…and it is not. The spinning is really at a minimum. It’s more of a figure 8 with a quick swing as you change tracks. I personally wouldn’t wait long for this ride.

After we got off we found Mom and headed to our late lunch.

They’re here!!!!!

dhs34 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We saw a lot of Girl tour groups this trip.

We arrived at 50’s Prime Time and checked in and had to wait for a few minutes.

dhs124 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs125 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Stop taking pictures of me!!!!

dhs35 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We were seated. We had a nice waitress, but she wasn’t nearly as fun as the server we had last year. She wasn’t bad, but our guy last year was just awesome!

Mom and I got the combo plate to share and Claire got her own.

dhs126 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It was good, but it seemed like a smaller portion this time…however it was just enough for us. Mom eats like a bird anyways.

dhs127 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs128 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It was a delicious meal and Mon paid for it. It hit the spot!

We headed back out to the heat. We had one more fastpass yet that we didn’t want to miss….Toy Story Mania. It wasn’t till something like 4:15, so we had a little time to kill yet. J’s family had landed and they were getting their rental car and heading off to the Radisson by the port. I told her we would be heading that way once we rode Toy Story.

We walked around a bit.

dhs36 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We did some shopping to keep cool. I think Mom bought some flip flops.

Another tour group!

dhs37 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs129 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Slinky Dog is sooo much fun! I love TSL....I really want to see it when its not so hot and crowded...I was there Labor Day weekend and it was a zoo!

Jill in CO

Looks like a fun time! The Alien ride does look like something to do only if it’s a short line. So funny how your mom thought it crazy if the bathrooms are cute. It reminds me about a time where I went to the Tangled bathrooms and thought they were so cute and told my mom and she gave me that same look.

Toy Story land looks awesome but the food at Woody's Lunchbox does not look great.

Prime time the chicken looks great but I'm scared of that place. I've read so many trip reports about the servers calling you out for not eating your greens or whatever. I don't like attention being on me so I would never go there just in case:rotfl2:

We sailed on the Fantasy when my dd was 8 yrs old. She wouldn't use the bathroom in our cabin because they were too boring. She would only use the public ones because she liked how they were all decorated differently. I'm pretty sure by the time our cruise was over she had found and used every public bathroom on the ship! :PWe have another Fantasy cruise coming up, I hope she will use our cabin bathroom this time!!

Sounds like a fun day so far! Glad you made it to your lunch ADR. That is one place I have been wanting to try. Maybe next trip which unfortunately, probably won't be till 2020 (MAYBE next year of I can talk Hubby into it.) the 202 trip is going to be for my SIL's step son's HS Graduation.

Sorry I have been a slow poster...I have been a little busy...but on top of that there is a trial I have been watching for about a week now online. It's super interesting and I am becoming addicted so a lot of my "free" time now is catching up on work since I am wasting half my day watching this trial. hahahaha

Slinky Dog is sooo much fun! I love TSL....I really want to see it when its not so hot and crowded...I was there Labor Day weekend and it was a zoo!

Jill in CO

It is so great! But yeah the heat and crowds make it hard to enjoy it and the area. Eventually it will get better....like 2030. hahaha

Looks like a fun time! The Alien ride does look like something to do only if it’s a short line. So funny how your mom thought it crazy if the bathrooms are cute. It reminds me about a time where I went to the Tangled bathrooms and thought they were so cute and told my mom and she gave me that same look.

Yeah, I personally wouldn't wait a long time for the Alien Saucers. They are fun enough, but not for a long wait. Those Tangled bathrooms are great!

Sounds like a fun morning! Can't wait to hear about the cruise

It was short....but oh so much fun!

Toy Story land looks awesome but the food at Woody's Lunchbox does not look great.

Prime time the chicken looks great but I'm scared of that place. I've read so many trip reports about the servers calling you out for not eating your greens or whatever. I don't like attention being on me so I would never go there just in case:rotfl2:

I know a lot of people like it, but to me it was meh. We are picky though. Yes, if you don't want attention...probably best not to visit there.

We sailed on the Fantasy when my dd was 8 yrs old. She wouldn't use the bathroom in our cabin because they were too boring. She would only use the public ones because she liked how they were all decorated differently. I'm pretty sure by the time our cruise was over she had found and used every public bathroom on the ship! :PWe have another Fantasy cruise coming up, I hope she will use our cabin bathroom this time!!

That is too funny, but I totally understand. The public bathrooms are great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter