Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take those with a grain of salt. I've seen long threads on facebook, etc of "I'm sure I got it in Jan/Feb" when it reality if that many people had it then we'd have seen it more in hospital numbers. I think it is more people want to believe they already had it so they don't have to worry which is the same as the whole "I'm not old so I have nothing to worry about". We all want to believe we specifically don't have to worry and it's only other people and that is just human nature.

But point is I think a lot of the I had covid in Jan/Feb type people more likely just got the flu which was pretty bad this year.

Well,, I was tested for the flu back then and it came back negative. Been having breathing problems every since and just confirmed with a CT scan that I have some lung scarring. VO2 max score came in 50% less than a year ago as well. Trying to get antibody testing now.

This thread and the rumors thread has really started to make me lose my interest in taking my 6 month old to Disney next year. The elitist attitude I see is disappointing.

For some reason a lot of Disney fans are against almost any restrictions other then physical distancing in queues. We are in a new world right now and it's going to awhile to get back to the normal we know. IMO it makes it easier to accept it and get used to it. We all want the parks back.

Well... you know the theory some have that people will be afraid of the virus, or unemployed, and thus there will be low attendance when Disney reopens?

Might want to dump that theory....

https://www.tmz.com/2020/05/09/carnival-bookings-spike-increase-cruises-resuming-august/
I think you're going to see a jump in bookings whenever major tourist attractions reopen from everyone who had a trip cancelled with the shutdown and then after that surge crowd levels will drop. There will be a long term impact from the number of people who are out of work.

(Ryan.. I promise this will be my last contribution to the mask discussion 😏)

In most places requiring masks, the requirement is that masks be worn when social distancing can not be met. If disney is going to go to the effort of marking the ground in queues, for shows, in the castle hub area.. remove tables &/or chairs in restaurants, seat guests in every other row on rides.. or use directional pathways etc. Social distancing should/will be achieved which will leave places in the parks where masks can be removed (safely). Before anyone starts.. it WILL require that all guests do their part knowing the playing field before they go. Give a little - get allot.

#done 🧐

This thread and the rumors thread has really started to make me lose my interest in taking my 6 month old to Disney next year. The elitist attitude I see is disappointing.

For some reason a lot of Disney fans are against almost any restrictions other then physical distancing in queues. We are in a new world right now and it's going to awhile to get back to the normal we know. IMO it makes it easier to accept it and get used to it. We all want the parks back.

I don't think it is elitist and the people who think nothing/little shoulld change annoy me some too but I also understand. Disney for many is an escape from the real world and to have to real world incroach on that illusion is not something many want to see even if they know why it is happening.

Unfortunatly though Disney hasn't even finish up that weather control machine and they can't start on the virus shield machine until that one is working. :-)

Well... you know the theory some have that people will be afraid of the virus, or unemployed, and thus there will be low attendance when Disney reopens?

Might want to dump that theory....

https://www.tmz.com/2020/05/09/carnival-bookings-spike-increase-cruises-resuming-august/
This story is taking liberties with numbers. Or rather, that travel agency is.

"Cruise Planners' Carnival bookings shot up 600 percent compared to the previous 3 days before the news. That makes sense, but more interestingly, it's a 200 percent increase over the same time period in 2019 -- when folks traveled without fear of the novel coronavirus." So if normally 50 people a day book a cruise, and the first day the bookings opened 100 people booked a cruise, that doesn't mean that it will be 100 a day from now on. The 100 people may be it for all we know. If 100 people represented 3 months of backlog, that wouldn't be much.

Why is it a terrible look? Hundreds of people stroll their local Wal-Mart and grocery store on a daily basis without them, and nobody really cares. I shopped yesterday and I would venture to say 7 out of 10 customers didn't wear a mask, and the great majority that did have masks on were older folks who are the type of people who need to take precautions anyway.

Gotta remember that other than the indoor attractions and the eating places, WDW is pretty much an all-outdoor experience. You're not breathing recycled air. You're usually not right next to someone you don't know for an extended period of time. The people that would be "outraged" at folks at WDW walking around without masks probably wouldn't visit WDW anyway.
if you want to go into Walmart in my area you have to be wearing a mask or you are not allowed in. and there are still plenty of people there. same for grocery stores

Eh. It’s not a popular time to book cruises anyway so a 200% spike on the day they announce $28/day fares to kick off August start up sailings isn’t a surprise to me.
When they first released those cruises, I did the math and figured out that based on how much I spend on rent and food (under normal circumstances), I could easily make a healthy profit by going on one if I rented out my apartment for the week! 😂

As much as I‘m longing to go back to Disney, if masks are required, I’ll most likely be waiting. :guilty: I understand why people are being asked to do it and I’ll comply for things like stores and going places locally. But the constant reminder of wearing a mask and seeing everyone else wearing one while doing something that’s supposed to be a fun vacation is definitely not what I’d consider a magical Disney experience. I hope by later this year or at least by early next year we can start to ease these kinds of things, because it’s not just Disney, but so many aspects of life that just aren’t the same if you’re doing it from behind a mask.

“Along with social distancing, one of the things we’re likely going to require is masks from both the cast and the guests. And I think the masks for the guests will be something that culturally is different. In Asia as you know, it’s fairly commonplace, even before covid for folks to walk around in public with masks on. That is not the case in the US. So that will be something that will be a little trying I think for some of the guests. Particularly in the hot, humid summers we intend to have”

I'm not here to argue semantics. If you want to hold out hope on that, go ahead. I personally think you'll be disappointed. The wording of this would indicate Disney wants to require masks. This is a substantial escalation from the language we've seen coming out , which has. talked about "exploring the possibilities of certain "personal protective coverings."

P.S. CEOs on these types of interviews generally never make commitments or comment on specifics unless they've come on with a definitive, planned announcement that has been prearranged with the show's producers; they don't want to make unintentional news.
Maybe but they were required for Shanghai too & then suddenly relaxed at the last minute right before opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter