Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently beach’s and cream is pretty full tonight. I’m at the point where I am shocked Disney is being so irresponsible with this situation. From all the people last night to this. I don’t know the situation in Florida but many places in the country are basically getting locked down. I don’t see how this is smart considering the state is full with the most at risk group. Even the beaches in Clearwater today were PACKED. I mean it’s nuts. I won’t be shocked in florida becomes the main hot spot in the coming weeks.

I’m shocked at the photos I’ve seen regarding Disney the past two days.
Disney can't just force everyone home tonight. They also need to have some food open as people need to eat.

Apparently beach’s and cream is pretty full tonight. I’m at the point where I am shocked Disney is being so irresponsible with this situation. From all the people last night to this. I don’t know the situation in Florida but many places in the country are basically getting locked down. I don’t see how this is smart considering the state is full with the most at risk group. Even the beaches in Clearwater today were PACKED. I mean it’s nuts. I won’t be shocked in florida becomes the main hot spot in the coming weeks.

I’m shocked at the photos I’ve seen regarding Disney the past two days.
I agree. Our restaurant and bar closures were announced today effective at 5:00 pm. Carry out is still available.

The whole thing with the beaches is just irresponsible.

I bet that the people who were at the beaches, particularly Clearwater beach, are mostly tourists or students at Florida colleges who are on break. Today was a work day for most.

Disney can't just force everyone home tonight. They also need to have some food open as people need to eat.

No but Disney could keep some sort of social distancing. These people are sitting literally right next to eachother. They are forcing people into group situation. They are not even trying to help the cause and at least keep people slightly away from eachother.

I bet that the people who were at the beaches, particularly Clearwater beach, are mostly tourists or students at Florida colleges who are on break. Today was a work day for most.
I’m sure that’s the case. My sons college gave an extra week of spring break while they set up online access to classes. My son is sitting his behind here at home but I’m betting a lot of people are not. It’s upsetting because we are trying to follow the guidelines while others ignore them.

Last edited:
I mean you say this but it's such a small thing. We used to have people drafted into the military for years to go fight. We were told to collect all our scrap metal, not eat meat, not buy gas, not able to buy basic provisions. Forgo any luxury. And we did it for years for the good of the country and the world.

You are being asked to sit on your couch, in the comfort of your home, surrounded by technology to communicate with anyone in the world and be entertained in a myriad of ways, and do as little gathering in groups as possible for a few weeks. This is NOTHING in terms of a shared sacrifice.

It's almost sad when people say that a few weeks of being as quarantined as possible is something that is going to break down society. We are so amazingly spoiled and unable to cope with any kind of hardship these days.

Will some people lose jobs? Sadly yes. There is assistance in legislation already being passed. Will some people die? Sadly yes. Will some people experience financial distress? Yes. Will we come out slightly poorer as a country? Yes. But all can be rebuilt except the deaths. Those cannot be undone.

A small sacrifice to keep the deaths to a minimum should be good for our country's soul, not the end of our civilization.

I agree. I actually posted on facebook earlier that one good thing about all this is it makes it easier to motive myself to go out and run since it is a chance to get out of the house. There are days after I get back from work and sit down I don't want to go run or if I get up at 6am I want to hit snooze but being cooped up makes me want to get outside and do a run. And if I'm just running around the neighborhood like I normally do social distanceing isn;'t an issue. I may pass 1 or 2 people but for the most part just me.

So one silver lining in a crappy situation at least for me. So if you don't want to be cooped up go for a walk or for a run. You can always cross the street to avoid people if you need to. You don't have to just stay inside. But wash you hands and so forth after you get back (like you should anyway).

I mean you say this but it's such a small thing. We used to have people drafted into the military for years to go fight. We were told to collect all our scrap metal, not eat meat, not buy gas, not able to buy basic provisions. Forgo any luxury. And we did it for years for the good of the country and the world.

You are being asked to sit on your couch, in the comfort of your home, surrounded by technology to communicate with anyone in the world and be entertained in a myriad of ways, and do as little gathering in groups as possible for a few weeks. This is NOTHING in terms of a shared sacrifice.

It's almost sad when people say that a few weeks of being as quarantined as possible is something that is going to break down society. We are so amazingly spoiled and unable to cope with any kind of hardship these days.

Will some people lose jobs? Sadly yes. There is assistance in legislation already being passed. Will some people die? Sadly yes. Will some people experience financial distress? Yes. Will we come out slightly poorer as a country? Yes. But all can be rebuilt except the deaths. Those cannot be undone.

A small sacrifice to keep the deaths to a minimum should be good for our country's soul, not the end of our civilization.

Well said. Cannot agree more.

Saying society will break down may have been a bit of hyperbole on my part.

I agree this is a hardship, I agree other generations have dealt with hardships far greater. I hope we will toughen up and figure it out, because it is too late now -- our world has changed.

But, it is more than just being asked to "sit on a couch" for a few weeks.
We are being asked to destroy our economy overnight and sit idly by and watch it happen.

I don't think people will have the patience and understanding (especially the longer it goes) and see this as a "small sacrifice" for a literally invisible threat (that they may never even get themselves) when they lose their jobs, their businesses, their homes, their entire way of life. That is not a SMALL sacrifice.

If this was a war and you could "see" those sacrifices in action, sure. We could toughen up as a nation and do that. People won't see the sacrifice, they will just see that they are "stuck" at home .. without a job .. and potentially without a job to come back to because the restaurant they worked at closed up.

And maybe it IS necessary .. maybe this is like "cutting off a limb to save the body", but it may be hard to convince people who are hard hit economically by this that it was worth it. That number will be far greater than those even infected by this virus.

Maybe I'm wrong .. maybe it won't be that bad, or that long and we will bounce back quickly.

I pray I'm wrong.

To give you idea what is happening in Australia for shut downs and how long it might be . Our prime minister said we should expect these restriction and change for up to 6 months. We haven't hit lock downs yet just 14 day isolate for international passengers and cancel over 500 events. Schools are still open . Air NZ has stopped international flights for at least 3 months, qantas has cut 90% of international flights till at least may 31st. Both have started redundancy and letting staff go. State governments Festival and events have been cancelled up until end of May and even some June ones.not just toilet paper hording now. The 2major stores have hour in morning for elderly now. Restriction on 2x containers of mince, egg, toilet paper, sanitiser, sugar, oil, flour

The problem with Disney World and any conservative estimates is this: This may get under control in 3 months with extreme measures, but it’s still going to be “out in the wild” ready to pop up as soon as we let our guard down. Until we can get a vaccine developed we may have to radically restructure the way society functions, and that could be 18 months from now. That could also be never. There’s no guarantee we can develop a vaccine. There are viruses which we have been trying to develop a vaccine for for decades. Mass gatherings of people for the next 18 months are going to be a really dicey proposition. Disney World may be in real trouble here.

Saying society will break down may have been a bit of hyperbole on my part.

I agree this is a hardship, I agree other generations have dealt with hardships far greater. I hope we will toughen up and figure it out, because it is too late now -- our world has changed.

But, it is more than just being asked to "sit on a couch" for a few weeks.
We are being asked to destroy our economy overnight and sit idly by and watch it happen.

I don't think people will have the patience and understanding (especially the longer it goes) and see this as a "small sacrifice" for a literally invisible threat (that they may never even get themselves) when they lose their jobs, their businesses, their homes, their entire way of life. That is not a SMALL sacrifice.

If this was a war and you could "see" those sacrifices in action, sure. We could toughen up as a nation and do that. People won't see the sacrifice, they will just see that they are "stuck" at home .. without a job .. and potentially without a job to come back to because the restaurant they worked at closed up.

And maybe it IS necessary .. maybe this is like "cutting off a limb to save the body", but it may be hard to convince people who are hard hit economically by this that it was worth it. That number will be far greater than those even infected by this virus.

Maybe I'm wrong .. maybe it won't be that bad, or that long and we will bounce back quickly.

I pray I'm wrong.

China residents did, Italy residents did....people are being asked to do this all over the world. I know some will struggle, some will buckle, but... I think most will actually do okay.

It was only 150 years ago that our family members were pioneers settling this country. Many lived in total isolation those first years. They might get to town and see neighbors once or twice a YEAR. They had no means of contact with other people outside their home, except for a once or twice a year letter. We on the other hand have social media, email, phones, we can do video chats, we can connect through online gaming platforms, and heck, we can still send an old fashioned letter. Even while social distancing, we still have far more ability to remain connected than any other generation before us. Heck, watch the video of the Italian apartment complex, playing music together. Its beautiful.

This is a time not to focus on what we can't do, but to focus on what we CAN.

The problem with Disney World and any conservative estimates is this: This may get under control in 3 months with extreme measures, but it’s still going to be “out in the wild” ready to pop up as soon as we let our guard down. Until we can get a vaccine developed we may have to radically restructure the way society functions, and that could be 18 months from now. That could also be never. There’s no guarantee we can develop a vaccine. There are viruses which we have been trying to develop a vaccine for for decades. Mass gatherings of people for the next 18 months are going to be a really dicey proposition. Disney World may be in real trouble here.
While its slightly possible, the more likelyhood is this peaks in May in the US and then lasts into June. Based on scientific models being done, this seems to be the track. And while the virus will still be around, there will be more of an immunity to it at that point as more people will have had it and recovered. I do think they will push ahead with "vaccines" but the reality is, any virus similar to a flu is a guessing game and as has been seen in China and Japan, there is already a second strain of it. I initially said, 2 weeks and even April was ridiculous to believe. I felt as if Mid May around Memorial Day made sense, but, new models are actually pushing this more to Late June Early July before we see reported cases start to decline, which is where we need to be in order for people to feel safe and things get back to some sense of normal. Unfortunately, for many who will lose jobs, homes, etc, life will never be normal and we will be in such a massive recession that will make the one in the mid 00s look like a cakewalk that it is going to be a very long recovery.

This is unfortunately the worst case scenario. As much I love Disney World, this will probably fall instantly to 1000th place on everyone's worry list unless you are employed here.

Hopeful that the summer heat knocks this out to a contained spread throughout the fall. Then hopefully next year we'll have a vaccine.

My reservation for the first of April at OKW, was just magically cancelled. So as everyone has already figured out, the closure is going to last for awhile. 😢
Are you saying Disney cancelled it? If so was en email sent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter