Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
All non-essential cast has been furloughed. If they were to be brought back that would be big news.
Right, but I remember many pages back that someone said the week that was recently released for the essential workers (cleaners and maintenance). I'm just wondering what week Disney is up to with their CM schedule since they would need to bring people back for training at least a few weeks before opening.

Just asking,
Is there anyone besides me and my family who always wash their hands before they eat? Wipe down tables at Disney before we get comfy? Hand sanitize after rides?

Anyone?

My mom does! She even wipes down all the surfaces in the hotel room before we unpack. She always has. We used to make fun of her for being so extra but, as always, mother knows best. 🤪😂

I've been watching this board with great interest because I'm taking my young kids to Disney for the first time and our stay is scheduled for June 13-19 (staying at AKL). It looks like there may be some signs that it could be open then but they would need a decent amount of time to gear up and train everyone. When is the latest CM schedule for that that showed only essential workers?
Schedule comes out every Sunday
This Sunday they will have a schedule from may 10th through 16th
Retraining would only take a couple of days

SDCC cancelled, Newsom saying no large gatherings (conventions, sporting events, theme parks etc) until theres a vaccine. I seriously doubt SW Celebration takes place as scheduled. SDCC waited as long as they could before cancelling, but it was inevitable as this is to be cancelled

I have SW Celebration tickets, as well as tickets to the Disneyland After Dark Star Wars night, and two-day passes to DL for after the convention...and I just want them to cancel/postpone it. I’m not taking my 70-year-old dad on cross country flight to go a crowded convention center and a theme park. I can’t imagine they’ll even have any guests at the convention, and with productions closed down they won’t have anything new to promote anyway. It breaks my heart, but i hope they postpone it. We’ll go another time.

Schedule comes out every Sunday
This Sunday they will have a schedule from may 10th through 16th
Retraining would only take a couple of days
Thank you!! You only think retraining will take a couple of days? I know I saw others speculate that it would take a few weeks.

Even if DL had magic bands, you would still have to use your phone for Max Pass. Personally, I LOVE Max Pass and believe it is much better then scheduling FPs months in advance, so if the suggestion is to get rid of it in favor of Magic bands with scheduled FPS, I would be very much against that and I would be shocked if others didn’t feel the same way.
I would like both. I like Magic Bands and I love Maxpass!

Thank you!! You only think retraining will take a couple of days? I know I saw others speculate that it would take a few weeks.
No, training will be pretty quick.

We had some significant safety changes in buses when I was a CM. The training for all drivers was about 2 hours of classroom, a couple hours of practical and all drivers were trained in about a week.

Just asking,
Is there anyone besides me and my family who always wash their hands before they eat? Wipe down tables at Disney before we get comfy? Hand sanitize after rides?

Anyone?

You are not alone. We always, always wash our hands before eating and wipe down tables before we eat. We don’t always sanitize our hands after rides, especially if we are going on another one right away.

The C last Deployment System they use will make it obvious when people are being brought back in for retraining, and schedules that would have otherwise gone to CP CMs are being put out for seniority bids. But I don't think we will need to wait for that activity to know--if they're going to be putting out schedules for the CMs to come back to work, their going to let the world know--afterall, they will want us to come.

How long do we feasibly think it’ll take for employees to be trained in the new protocols? 2-3 weeks? I’d guess we’re at least another 2+ weeks from that training even starting. Early to Mid June seems like a reasonable timeframe for reopening, however they may approach it
Regular training for new hires is like two days, so I'd expect about the same for this, maybe less.

If not already posted all WDW park hours from May 17-23rd have been removed.

This is the earliest possible open according to the Phase 1/2/3...with theme parks being part of phase 2

Phase 1 opening, gather 2 weeks of data, review for 1 week then if ok open to Phase 2 the week after that.

Regular training for new hires is like two days, so I'd expect about the same for this, maybe less.
Even if it was that short, surely it would need to be in batches?

I have no idea of the structure of training at disney - is all training done by a specific training team or do they do more of a "train a trainer" system?

Either way they somehow need to train every single one of the however many thousand CMs they bring back for day 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter