Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lack of food options when I was there in early October was alarming to me.

MK was the worst. It was over an hour wait to get any QS meal around lunchtime.
Almost all the food/drink carts were closed too.

I also have a hard time believing MK doesn't typically operate at around 35% capacity in normal times either. It was PACKED on the weekends. Almost looked like normal Christmas crowds.
In July/Aug, we went to Pecos at around 12:30 one day. There were a lot of frustrated people outside who didn't want to/couldnt mobile order. We were able to mobile order, show our confirmation to the CM outside, and get our food within a few minutes. There were no tables available inside, but we did find several outside. Same situation a few days later, except we found a table inside.

Just this past Sunday, we mobile ordered and ate at around 11 am and there were more tables available inside Pecos than I've ever seen before. Additionally, we mobile ordered and picked up food at Aloha Isle, and at Satu'uli, on the same trip with only a few minute wait each time. I think if you can, eat lunch early, and don't wait to mobile order until you're at a restaurant.

As far as crowds go, the parks were definitely fuller over this past weekend than they were in July/August, but nothing like over spring break, and certainly nowhere near what it's normally like over Thanksgiving. I've been in plenty of crowds at WDW over the years that it's hard to walk through and haven't seen anything close to that since reopening. We also timed most of our actual wait times to compare with estimated, and for the most part, actual waits were FAR lower (eg, 10 mins to get through a supposed 55 min wait). (Most of our actual waits were like 20 min to get through an estimated 30-35 min line.)

In July/Aug, we went to Pecos at around 12:30 one day. There were a lot of frustrated people outside who didn't want to/couldnt mobile order. We were able to mobile order, show our confirmation to the CM outside, and get our food within a few minutes. There were no tables available inside, but we did find several outside. Same situation a few days later, except we found a table inside.

Just this past Sunday, we mobile ordered and ate at around 11 am and there were more tables available inside Pecos than I've ever seen before. Additionally, we mobile ordered and picked up food at Aloha Isle, and at Satu'uli, on the same trip with only a few minute wait each time. I think if you can, eat lunch early, and don't wait to mobile order until you're at a restaurant.

As far as crowds go, the parks were definitely fuller over this past weekend than they were in July/August, but nothing like over spring break, and certainly nowhere near what it's normally like over Thanksgiving. I've been in plenty of crowds at WDW over the years that it's hard to walk through and haven't seen anything close to that since reopening. We also timed most of our actual wait times to compare with estimated, and for the most part, actual waits were FAR lower (eg, 10 mins to get through a supposed 55 min wait). (Most of our actual waits were like 20 min to get through an estimated 30-35 min line.)

So with mobile ordering, how does that work if someone in your party has multiple food allergies? My son is allergic to nuts, dairy, and eggs. For lunch, we pack him something and bring it in the park, but for dinner, he eats in the park. We have table service most evenings, but a few where we just plan to grab QS. Are you able to mark multiple allergies in a mobile order or will we need to fight to order inside?

So with mobile ordering, how does that work if someone in your party has multiple food allergies? My son is allergic to nuts, dairy, and eggs. For lunch, we pack him something and bring it in the park, but for dinner, he eats in the park. We have table service most evenings, but a few where we just plan to grab QS. Are you able to mark multiple allergies in a mobile order or will we need to fight to order inside?

I would ask to order inside. The mobile order menus do have an "allergy friendly" section, but the different allergens are separated. So there's an "egg allergy friendly" list, a "milk allergy friendly" list, and a "peanut/tree nut allergy friendly" list, but you can't filter for all of them at once.

There is a note there, too: "Don't see your food allergy? We encourage you to place an order in person at the restaurant, so you'll have the opportunity to consult with a special diets trained CM or chef about your individual dietary needs."

I would ask to order inside. The mobile order menus do have an "allergy friendly" section, but the different allergens are separated. So there's an "egg allergy friendly" list, a "milk allergy friendly" list, and a "peanut/tree nut allergy friendly" list, but you can't filter for all of them at once.

There is a note there, too: "Don't see your food allergy? We encourage you to place an order in person at the restaurant, so you'll have the opportunity to consult with a special diets trained CM or chef about your individual dietary needs."

Very helpful information, thank you so much!

At MK today, anyone who thinks they can support an increase in attendance is kidding themselves. Its borderline uncomfortable. They just dont have enough open space, stuff open and cast members enforcing distancing. The problem will always be that people congregate at the usual choke points and theres not much way around that.

Wonder if this HEA or just general fireworks testing over CC.

I believe they’ve been working on the fireworks pad for a few months, maybe it’s to test out the work they’ve been doing, or just to shake the rust off of the equipment since they haven’t been used in 8 months? Maybe the pyro shells expire and rather than waste them, they use them to test out what they’ve been working on? Could be a number of things. I think certain things recently point to a return of fireworks, even at MK, but as WDWM says, not imminently, but possibly within the next 90-120 days imo. Obviously first they’d have to rehire the laid off fireworks crew, but any and all testing is good news in my book

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter