Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got a survey from Disney which makes sense as we just booked our November trip. Pretty much asking questions like, did you book the package deal or room deal..why or why not. How did you hear about the deal ex: advertising, on website or unofficial place like Disboards. You know I choose Disboards lol. If I would have booked our trip w/o discount, do we feel if Disney is COVID safe enough: too much, too little or about right. Quite a bunch of questions.

But they also said that the Park Reservations system is permanent. It makes my head hurt trying to understand how you do Park Hopping and Park Reservations at the same time.
Allow people with APs and park hoppers to reserve multiple parks at once or have them reserve the next park after they leave the first. On a normal day availability won’t be an issue at all.

Allow people with APs and park hoppers to reserve multiple parks at once or have them reserve the next park after they leave the first. On a normal day availability won’t be an issue at all.
Someone said that hopping would basically be like reserving a FP and that the reservation system is somehow already built upon the FP framework. I have no idea how true that is though.

Someone said that hopping would basically be like reserving a FP and that the reservation system is somehow already built upon the FP framework. I have no idea how true that is though.
I could see that. Bottom line, hopping won’t be an issue once we are to a point where park availability greatly exceeds demand. That probably won’t be the case until the virus is behind us. Long term, the reservation system will be in place so that Disney has a good idea of expected crowd levels for each park on a given day so that they can plan staffing accordingly.

Just spotted a WDW Magic is here Christmas themed commercial that said “discover the holiday magic.” The push for holiday crowds is on though nothing like years past I’m sure.

I just can’t shake the feeling that Disney isn’t quite understanding the whole picture here. Between the hit to the economy and fear of the virus, you need to pull out the big guns to make it worth it for most people. Discounts aren’t great, offerings are still limited, COVID measures still have to be in place, so what is going to draw people back? Outside of stalkers like us I mean.

For instance my extended family loves Disneyland and WDW, but think it’s insane WDW is open and our large family WDW trip planning for summer 2021 has been pulled off the table. Neighbors who were supposed to go in July 2020 (and canceled obviously) have no plans to revisit rescheduling.

So yeah go ahead and blame the July spike but you can’t ignore that we’re now in September and the scales aren’t tipping much. The long term effects are real.

Just spotted a WDW Magic is here Christmas themed commercial that said “discover the holiday magic.” The push for holiday crowds is on though nothing like years past I’m sure.

I just can’t shake the feeling that Disney isn’t quite understanding the whole picture here. Between the hit to the economy and fear of the virus, you need to pull out the big guns to make it worth it for most people. Discounts aren’t great, offerings are still limited, COVID measures still have to be in place, so what is going to draw people back? Outside of stalkers like us I mean.

For instance my extended family loves Disneyland and WDW, but think it’s insane WDW is open and our large family WDW trip planning for summer 2021 has been pulled off the table. Neighbors who were supposed to go in July 2020 (and canceled obviously) have no plans to revisit rescheduling.

So yeah go ahead and blame the July spike but you can’t ignore that we’re now in September and the scales aren’t tipping much. The long term effects are real.

busineses affected by covid are looking at multi year recoveries. Unfortunately we are stIill not yet at the point of wanting to pack places like WDW so it’s a balancing act.

busineses affected by covid are looking at multi year recoveries. Unfortunately we are stIill not yet at the point of wanting to pack places like WDW so it’s a balancing act.
For sure. But call after call they seem pretty desperate for visitors so wondering how they think they’ll get these visitors in the current climate without deep discounts or increased safe offerings.

Watching baseball and just saw another new ad for WDW, not a commercial but a graphic with voiceover over like sponsorship style.

For sure. But call after call they seem pretty desperate for visitors so wondering how they think they’ll get these visitors in the current climate without deep discounts or increased safe offerings.

Watching baseball and just saw another new ad for WDW, not a commercial but a graphic with voiceover over like sponsorship style.

but if they do deep discounts and start bringing things back they may get more people then theey really want. "Here's a bunch of deep discounts" and then a swarm of people go to book and there are no park reservations can do more harm then good.

As you said they are doing some advertising. They don't want to go overboard though.

but if they do deep discounts and start bringing things back they may get more people then theey really want. "Here's a bunch of deep discounts" and then a swarm of people go to book and there are no park reservations can do more harm then good.

As you said they are doing some advertising. They don't want to go overboard though.
They can always limit rooms or dates for packages when it comes to discounts. Not arguing against the fact that it’s a huge balance and still very much new territory. Curious to see how it all plays out. Just saw the Magic is here commercial again so they’ve clearly placed a large buy through Hulu. Marketing first makes sense. We’ll see what follows.

They can always limit rooms or dates for packages when it comes to discounts. Not arguing against the fact that it’s a huge balance and still very much new territory. Curious to see how it all plays out. Just saw the Magic is here commercial again so they’ve clearly placed a large buy through Hulu. Marketing first makes sense. We’ll see what follows.

But if your encourage people to book and then they can't or can't get a reservation that can be worse.

Of the things you mentioned in you earlier post only one is really possible with is discounts. They just rolled out discounts. If they dont get numbers they want they can increase them. That is easy. Those they can and will adjust as needed. The others are mostly off the table right now. Limited Experiences is still a result of covid. A few things are starting to come back like Savi's (very modified) but the big things like M&G, fireworks, parades just can't right now. Covid measures still in place - right now they still haven't to be. Numbers are better but still higher then we want. Masks, social distancing, etc. just can't go away right now.

So about all disney can do is discounts and they'll adjust those as they need/want to. See what they can get with current numbers and if not enough drop down some more. I really don't see much else changing this year.

Right and it’s more important than ever before to strike a balance between attracting guests period and attracting spendy guests.

I have to assume thats why they are not doing so many things suggested that would increase numbers in the parks (and even resorts). Just because it would increase spending doesn’t mean it would increase it enough to make it worth the additional expenses that often come along with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter