Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they could actually test everyone accurately with a 15 min test that would probably solve all the problems, no? Assuming such a test exists of course. No need for most other preventative measures in parks?

Also Universal attractions without 3D glasses seems like it eliminates a lot of them, doesn’t it?
I think any surveys going out are checking the extremes. These companies want to see what is possible in order to get these parks back open. I am certain Disney if not surveying is thinking of doing so and wondering these same questions.

It’s amazing that the thread can be shut down for almost a whole day, reopened with some Disney news, and then go for pages without actually discussing that Disney news. It’s as if people didn’t get the message that this topic has been going so far off the rails. We don’t need to discuss every county within Florida’s testing requirements. That has nothing to do with Disney.

As for the survey, I got one from Universal in my email today as well. I’m waiting for Disney to follow suit and send them out.

While I agree that's good news, IMO relaxing social distancing doesn't mean parks can open. Maybe Disney Springs can open but can't see some sort of social distancing working in parks.

I agree. It’s great news for Florida but not everyone who visits WDW is from Florida. I would think there would still need to be measures in place to protect the public from others.

While I agree that's good news, IMO relaxing social distancing doesn't mean parks can open. Maybe Disney Springs can open but can't see some sort of social distancing working in parks.

Social distancing will probably change a great deal when the parks open from what we now know it as.

If they could actually test everyone accurately with a 15 min test that would probably solve all the problems, no? Assuming such a test exists of course. No need for most other preventative measures in parks?

Also Universal attractions without 3D glasses seems like it eliminates a lot of them, doesn’t it?
I remember screamscape said a few months ago that universal were trialling 3d attractions in 2d mode with the suggestion that some of the guests preferred them in 2d.

So presumably at least some of the attractions have 2d ready visuals already.

“It’s about the data, not the date” Bob Iger - April 17/2020

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2020...-says-disney-chairman-bob-iger-to-nba-owners/
Well it appears that Disney and the NBA will be operating on their own time frame and not opening the doors as soon as local jurisdictions would technically allow them to. While selfishly upset that I'm missing my vacation that was to start tomorrow and potentially the one I have booked at the end of September, Silver and Iger prioritizing Public Safety is refreshing.

Social distancing will probably change a great deal when the parks open from what we now know it as.

Well there are still going to be lots of changes....
No more buffets
Lots of virtual queues
Sanitizer stations everywhere
Temperature checks
Online ordering for quick service
No more preshows on rides. (I don't know what you call it but you jam into a room with a group of people and watch the video)
I doubt you see firework shows for awhile.

Well there are still going to be lots of changes....
No more buffets
Lots of virtual queues
Sanitizer stations everywhere
Temperature checks
Online ordering for quick service
No more preshows on rides. (I don't know what you call it but you jam into a room with a group of people and watch the video)
I doubt you see firework shows for awhile.
Probably add in character meet and greets and parades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter