Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don’t need a recession for prices to drop. We have power in numbers! Disney needs us, not the other way around. Their spending is out of control and the pay scale at the top is ridiculous. When they realize there’s less people going to the parks bc they squeeze every penny out of hard working people for a vacation, they will have no choice but to bring prices back down to reality or face further losses.
That's a pipe dream. A recession due to the effects of the virus may cause a slight price drop but Disney is going to be fine.

Fun Spot has stated they intend to remain open for now. SeaWorld, Six Flags and Cedar Fair closed nationwide. Dollywood opened today and intends to operate as scheduled. As does Legoland Florida.

I am shocked of all companies Herscend is going to be the one to stay open. I always put them really high on the liist for customer service so very surprising. I still think they will announce closure before end of day.

I am shocked of all companies Herscend is going to be the one to stay open. I always put them really high on the liist for customer service so very surprising. I still think they will announce closure before end of day.
Plans can change pretty quick, SeaWorld confirmed it was staying open 2 hours ago, only to just announce closing nationwide.

What jknezek posted really brought back memories. When I was 12 Chicago had a historic snow fall, there was 23 inches on 1/26 and between 1/26 and 2/5 a total of 36.5 inches fell. But what I remember most was how incredible everyone was in helping each other. People came together as I have never seen since. When we walked to the grocery store, my dad made sure we took only one of what we needed-no hoarding, he reminded us there were others in need. I can only hope that the best of people comes out in this time of crisis.

Pretty sure hoarding has been going on since time began! :D

That's why the jokes about snowstorms, bread and eggs.

Said in another thread - help out elderly neighbors and friends (or high risk). Do their grocery shopping, bring them some take-out. And if you are healthy and able, try to support your local restaurants and shops if you can. Once lost some will never return and that's also sad.

Again, please stay home if you are sick. People are NOT doing that over here.

Plans can change pretty quick, SeaWorld confirmed it was staying open 2 hours ago, only to just announce closing nationwide.

Yeah and weather they want to or not I don't think they want the PR hit of being the only theme park still open. Would not be a good look for the company or for Dolly either. I still expect they are going to close with everybody else.

Yeah and weather they want to or not I don't think they want the PR hit of being the only theme park still open. Would not be a good look for the company or for Dolly either. I still expect they are going to close with everybody else.
Merlin, second largest park company in the world, hasn’t announced any closures either apart from Legoland Japan, and they own Gardaland in Italy which is scheduled to open for the year in 2 weeks. When a lot of other US and European parks are slated to start opening/ reopening.

Edit: Still mostly accurate but Legoland Florida closing now.

Last edited:
I will say, I did expect the cruiselines to stop operations way before this. That was surprising.

I think it is mostly a matter of they don't have any other real revenue to offset revenue losses from no cruises. Makes it much tougher to get through a shutdown vs a disney or universal that still have other revenue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter