Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Six Flags will be all over it. Slap it with a light DC character paint job and hype it up as a huge new attraction
The Ragin' Cajun ride in the Six Flags closest to me (located in Maryland) has a very similar feel to it, if not the same ride. (I've only ridden PW once so not sure).
https://www.sixflags.com/america/attractions/ragin-cajun
I'm not surprised to hear PW and Stitch are permanently gone. Wish I'd had a chance to see ROL though, didn't expect that. We never seem to be in AK at night for some reason.

The Ragin' Cajun ride in the Six Flags closest to me (located in Maryland) has a very similar feel to it, if not the same ride. (I've only ridden PW once so not sure).
https://www.sixflags.com/america/attractions/ragin-cajun
I'm not surprised to hear PW and Stitch are permanently gone. Wish I'd had a chance to see ROL though, didn't expect that. We never seem to be in AK at night for some reason.
682 of these have been built, with some differences. Most amusement parks have one. It feels similar because it is. There’s another one only 5 miles from Animal Kingdom at Fun Spot Kissimmee and one still operating at California Adventure (that one isn’t a spinning one though).

I really wouldn't be surprised to see an entire park closed for a while. They surely cannot afford to have that many CMs stood around running attractions that are all walk on, and empty stores.

I guess its likely to be AK if they did.

I said this a few days back that after the 1st couple of days there is not enough local customers to keep all 4 WDW parks open. No foreign customers to 2021 and the number of visitors from out of state will be well down due to either travel restrictions or people just scared to travel to florida.

Sea world and Busch gardens only open 5 days a week. I fully expect Disney to the same within a couple of weeks. Hollywood studios probably stay 7 days a week and the others probably be open 4-5 days each.

I said this a few days back that after the 1st couple of days there is not enough local customers to keep all 4 WDW parks open. No foreign customers to 2021 and the number of visitors from out of state will be well down due to either travel restrictions or people just scared to travel to florida.

Sea world and Busch gardens only open 5 days a week. I fully expect Disney to the same within a couple of weeks. Hollywood studios probably stay 7 days a week and the others probably be open 4-5 days each.

Only issue with changing it would be that people already made Park reservations, and have made vacations specifically based on them being open certain days. Yes, availability and hours are always subject to change, but if they were closed mon-wed and people wanted to take a weekday (mon-fri) trip down, made reservations for parks for all 5 days, then you’re going to find yourself in quite the predicament. Something like that where theyre only open 5 days a week wouldn’t surprise me, but I still find it highly unlikely

This....would not be okay for me.

I have the hat, had to buy it as soon as it came out, there's also at shirt but that's about it
I have a Peoplemover shirt from several years back with Paging Tom Morrow on it. I always get a lot of compliments on it.

So I just got back to Pop via Skyliner. I thought I had read that they were only cleaning them at the end of the day, but someone got in the one in front of mine with cleaning supplies and was scrubbing it top to bottom. They were still cleaning when we got to the Pop station, and stayed on for the return to CBR. So they are cleaning at least some of them periodically throughout the day. I think it had to be a virus cleaning vs a protein spill or other typical mess, because of the way he was wiping down the ceiling and everything. We were both in clear gondolas so it was easy to watch.

Only reason there aren't more local support is because how much they're restricting them with the 3 days at a time. They'll raise that first

And there are many people still in the “wait and see” how well the opening goes category. I think as weeks go on you’ll see more and more people get comfortable with going to the parks if things on Disneys end continue to progress in terms of safety.

But.....that was the tradeoff wasn't it? I mean...unofficially, but still....that's the tradeoff.

People are paying or have paid full price for tickets. They aren't getting parades or fireworks or character greetings. They aren't getting many of the shows. They have to wear masks all the time. There are certain inconveniences that come from going to Disney right now. The tradeoff is that they get a "better" experience with the attractions that ARE open. They get a "better" experience with an emptier park.

Here's also the thing. Capacity is capacity. So, unless you are suggesting they increase capacity 5 days a week, to make up for the lost capacity the other 2 days.....which if that's what you are suggesting, that is insane. There is a reason they have capacity limits. 15K people in the gate 7 days a week is better than 20K 5 days a week, even if it means each day is less profitable. Even if it comes out to roughly the same attendance.

You know, I was at Epcot today also, and those photos aren’t really indicative of the crowds I experienced. It wasn’t super busy, but there were enough people there that maintaining the six feet of separation was a challenge. Mousegear was a zoo, even with capacity limits. It was something I had to focus on all the time, not just every now and then. It was the same yesterday, but I put that down to it being the first day. I am not saying it was packed by any means, but the only time I have seen it that empty was during the rainstorm yesterday afternoon. I am heading to MK tomorrow and I hope I don’t have to concentrate so hard on social distancing since it has been open longer. It reminds me of the one time I had to use an ECV and had to dodge all the people who would cut in front of me.

I agree, although I figured they'd do all the parks 5-6 days and just rotate the closures M-T (so 2 parks open per day on those 4 weekdays), especially by the time Florida schools start, however they are starting...I'd expect them to keep the MK/AK and EPCOT/HS pattern...putting their bigger staff in MK/HS on their open weekdays...

But.....that was the tradeoff wasn't it? I mean...unofficially, but still....that's the tradeoff.

People are paying or have paid full price for tickets. They aren't getting parades or fireworks or character greetings. They aren't getting many of the shows. They have to wear masks all the time. There are certain inconveniences that come from going to Disney right now. The tradeoff is that they get a "better" experience with the attractions that ARE open. They get a "better" experience with an emptier park.

Here's also the thing. Capacity is capacity. So, unless you are suggesting they increase capacity 5 days a week, to make up for the lost capacity the other 2 days.....which if that's what you are suggesting, that is insane. There is a reason they have capacity limits. 15K people in the gate 7 days a week is better than 20K 5 days a week, even if it means each day is less profitable. Even if it comes out to roughly the same attendance.

Unless 100K in 5 days drops a whole needed employee shift from all operations...then it might be better Math for 5 days...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter