Cruise 10/11/2003 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nancy, I've got several Kellerman/Patterson/Johnson paperbacks. Kellerman's Murder Book is great, have you read it? Any way, I'll bring them for you if you haven't read them yet.
Amy... Congrats on doing the Doc Dance!!!
Sooner rather than later, Ave'

Has anyone that booked through DU recieved their documents??
Just curious!

Hope

Well, I was going through all of my cruise documents, and I realized that they sent me a Wonder booklet, instead of a Magic booklet. Not that it makes much difference, since the ships are so similar.

Hope and anyone else who booked with Dreams Unlimited. I just got a reply to my e-mail (where are my docs!!LOL) they said I will get them about 2 weeks before the sail date!:(
Oh well..... we saved 100 by booking with them, so I guess it is worth the wait!

Well, I guess I can stop looking out the window for the UPS or FED EX man!!! I really want my docs!!!

I just found a sub for October 9!! That means I don't have to work that day and I can stay home while the kids and DH are at work and pack the van!! DH will come home early and we will pick the kids up after lunch and head for Orlando!!!

Time is getting closer!! Can't wait. Will I have a problem sleeping as the days get closer???

Our white shirts are done!!! Mom ironed them on! They have a mini logo on the front and the big one on the back!!

It is a beautiful night here, only 81 degrees!! What a cold snap!!!

We are going to a double feature drive in movie tomorrow night! We will have to take blankets with us.........should be in the 60's BURRRRRRR!

Hope

Originally posted by ARLO1
We had a little visitor from UPS (or whoever the delivery service was). He had a little present known as ,,, yes you guessed it....

CRUISE SHIP DOCUMENTS!!! YEAH!!!!!

I just dont know if we like the room or what. We're in room 1049. Its on deck one midship. Does anyone have any feedback on this?
I'm just a little scared of the unknown. But at least we got our documents finally.

Let me know what you guys think.

Arlene

Arlene,
looks like were in the same... (ahem)..boat then. They booked us for the same deck. We're disappointed because we wanted to be on at least deck 5, so I am curious,too to know if anyone has had any experience with aforementioned deck and whether or not we should feel disappointed enough to try to move up from there. :confused:
I mean,when it comes down to it, an inside stateroom is an inside stateroom, but, Deck 1? Experienced cruisers, please
Help us feel better about this!

Third Disney Cruise. Third time in room in Room 2064 on Deck 2. Love it!!

Doesn't Dave's Website devote a section about rooms to avoid? Let me see if I can find this for you guys......

Found it!!

Arlene - You got a good room!!! :teeth:

TonyG - Since you didn't give your room number, I can't tell but check out this link:

Noisy Rooms

Per Dave's web site rooms to avoid on deck 1:
1030-1037
1062-1064

BUT I think just about every deck has a few noisy areas. Tony since you said you got an upgrade I assume you had a cat 11 or 12, and were upgraded to a 9 or 10. The major difference would be the addition of the split bath (cat 9 and 10) (very nice to have) or a ocean view (cat 9) on deck 1 I think this means the duel portholes (also very nice).

Once on board you really can't tell one deck from another. Deck 1 looks like deck 6, looks like deck 7.
I found deck 2 very quite, and very convinent, and would stay there again anytime.

Originally posted by RellingTwin
Per Dave's web site rooms to avoid on deck 1:
1030-1037
1062-1064

BUT I think just about every deck has a few noisy areas. Tony since you said you got an upgrade I assume you had a cat 11 or 12, and were upgraded to a 9 or 10.
Once on board you really can't tell one deck from another. Deck 1 looks like deck 6, looks like deck 7.
I found deck 2 very quite, and very convinent, and would stay there again anytime.

Thanks Rellingtwin,
Actually we own a copy of Dave's book (the Passporter guide), so that helps, and so does your post. We're in the 1070's somewhere, so thankfully it's not any of the above -- thanks for the insight on what the decks look like - it's what I figured. And yes- by miniupgrade I meant we had booked an 11 and I think got a 10, if the color grids are correct in the brochure (we were expecting a pink but got a dark blue). Still, we're both a little tiny bit down about this, as we really were hoping for a different spot. So any good thoughts about the decks below are welcome. :-)

Originally posted by alikat99
Well, I was going through all of my cruise documents, and I realized that they sent me a Wonder booklet, instead of a Magic booklet. Not that it makes much difference, since the ships are so similar.

Little do you know you are on the wrong boat..... I hope not

Or the magic will not be finished and we will be on the Wonder instead... LOL

Hi everyone,

I got up early so I could enjoy the beautiful early morning but got run off the porch because of the darn mosquitoes. I hate those darn things.

I worked the holiday on Monday and was called in to work OT on Wednesday and was called last night to see if I could work last night (I said NO!) but I have to go in tonight and tomorrow night for my regular shift. All that kept me sane was thinking "I'm working for the cruise, I'm working for the cruise..."Normaly I am thrilled to get overtime but not during a holiday week. We get double time and a half for working holidays so Uncle Sam will really like my check this time. He will get nearly as much as I will.:(

As for which deck is better, I loved having the verandah but the $700.00 savings to go to deck 2 was too much to pass. Not only that, on deck 2 you can hear the ocean swishing by and you do have a huge porthole to watch through. Yes, I love having the porch (verandah) but everytime I was on it the people up wind would be outside smoking and that wasn't pleasant. We are taking the savings!:p

I am waiting for our little squirt to get here now. Katie will be here at 7:30 this morning to stay all day until her mama and daddy get off.

It is 62 F. degrees right now. It is nice outside except for the bugs. Yuck! We are going to close our pool this weekend or next week. It really hasn't been used like I thought it would this year. Just too many bugs. Now the leaves are falling and it needs covering.

This is nice having my computer hooked up to the internet. Now if I can only find more time to get on it. :p

Take care, Kathy with a K

Good morning everyone! Hope everyone has a great weekend. Not much planned here. DH was TOLD he had to work Sunday. So he took off today. He left to go fishing at 5:30 AM! I only have to work a couple of hours this morning than I am off until Tuesday! YIPEE

I just want my documents. I want to sit down and fill everything out! I'm not anxious to see if we got an upgrade because I know that would be too good to be true! :)

Kathy (with a K).....it is 61 here today too! Isn't it great. I am so glad that we finally cooled off. I am so ready for fall. This humid weather is terrible.

Well, better go get my morning started before the dd's get up!

Later.........Hope
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Good morning Kathy! And everyone else! 36 Days to GO!!!!!!I'm so glad it's Friday! Lots to do this weekend. I am going to try on my "formal" dress, get a hair cut, get the T-shirts done, and bring DH Tux to the cleaners.
DH list is longer..he has to work on my car (new struts and shocks)finish DD room (paint and carpet) and do some boy scout stuff.

Rosemary and(Pa)Nancy....I want you two to get some shopping done this weekend!:p

Fiona...how is Jim feeling?

Tony, I've heard the Passport book is very good, but the site I mentioned is not connected with it. Dave is a Dis'er who built the website.If you click on Rosemary's link, then click on "home" it will take you to the site.

Dan and Scott..have a GREAT,SAFE,FUN trip!

Andy called disney last night about the room(aren't we so ungrateful-getting an upgrade and not being happy) and the girl said she cruised 6 times with disney and she likes being on deck 1.

Oh well...only time will tell and boy is that time getting close.

I'm starting to get those pretrip butterflies everytime I think about the cruise and all that I have to do. I'm not exactly the best traveler especially pre trip. Still have to book excersions...

Arlene

Arlene...not to worry....with Andy handling the details, you will probably be upgraded to the Walt or Roy Disney suite, knowing the way he operates!!! LOL!!! Just remember, when you get the suite, the party's in your room!! Mary Jo

Good morning!

I've received another cell phone number for the list, so if anyone else would like to be included, please send me your number this weekend and I'll do another update early next week.

I read there were some problems opening the Word doc, so will send as a Word attachment and also copy into the body of the email on the next update.

Thanks, Eric, for doing the PDF for those that needed it. I have no idea how to do that. I'm guessing you can't just do it from the reader that I have from the free download... or at least I didn't see any way to do it from that.

No docs here yet. I'll be watching for the UPS truck!

Dan & Scott--- Hope you have a fun cruise and a safe return home. I responded about the buckeyes, but haven't heard back, so let us know.

Belated Happy Anniversary wishes to Mike & Kathy!! I hope I have the right couple... just skimmed through and didn't take notes. I'm so behind!

Thanks for the link for the yellow t-shirts! We couldn't find them any place around here. Will order this weekend. I'm wondering if Josh could wear the adult size small instead of the kids size 14-16 so he could have yellow instead of gold.

Gotta run! My parents are coming in this afternoon and staying for about a week. So, I have tons of stuff to do before they get here. Mom says they're coming to see us, not how clean the house is, but I feel better if I at least make an effort. Number one is to get all the cruise stuff off of the spare bed! :-)

Good luck to the campers this weekend! We were finally able to take down dry tents and put them away yesterday afternoon from last weekend. Thought it would never stop raining.

Have a great weekend, all! Will try for the chat in the a.m.

Colleen

We are just heading out the door to finish up the grocery shopping for the weekend. It's a little cool but hopefully it won't rain. Have a great weekend everyone.

Fiona

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter