Crowds in October this year

spectro man

Disney die hard
We are leaving tomorrow for Disney and were wondering what the crowds have been like recently. Here is our high level itinerary:

Saturday - MK all day and watch Spectro Magic and new fireworks
Sunday - Epcot in the morning and MNSSHP Sunday night
Minday - MK in the morning and driving home in the afternoon

Quick little trip for the party this weekend!

We were there the 4th-11th and thought the crowds were quite a bit higher than they were when we went in Oct 2000. For the most part, I didn't feel that it was unmanageable, though. We tried to do the busiest attractions first, or get a fast pass to come back later in the day. I think the longest we actually waited in a stand by line was 30 minutes, but most of the time it was only 10-15 minutes.

HTH

We just got back from disney, first trip ever, I loved it and I am already planning for another. We were there Oct. 4-10, I thought it was rather crowded but what do I know this was my first time. I would like to know if the nighttime parade and fireworks always looks like a mob at a rock concert. We were there on Saturday night to watch the parade and fireworks and on Thursday, which was the premire of the new wishes fireworks, during this you could not move anywhere people were packed in there like sardines and you could not go anywhere, and then when everyone started exiting the park they were running all over you, especially during the fireworks show. They say that it is magical and something to see, but what if someone in that crowd had a medical emergency, there would be no way to get help to them they would probably get stomped to death, and during this one man said that they close the back half of the park for the fireworks so all the people back there have to go somewhere, it was so bad that people were crawling over the fences that are up surrounding the castle and mainstreet and walking and stomping all over the flowers and shrubs, there has got to be a better way for this to take place. Don't get me wrong I love disney and we can't wait to go back, but a different plan for all parade and firework shows.

Saturday Nights in the MK are crazy, I have experienced that "rock concert" crowd before and will be doing the same this year again (sure I'm a glutton for punishment!).

I would expect the crowds to be heavy especially during the party, but I would still think they will be managable.

HAVE FUN and please post how the party was when you get back, I am going to be there on Halloween Night (sure another "never again" that came out of my mouth, I am SO a glutton for punishment! lol)

I think the situation described by Magic Kingdom Park for the Thursday Wishes premier was above and beyond the usual crowd level. Because Epcot closed at 3 that day for the Mission Space press event, all the folks at Epcot streamed into the MK for Spectro and the new fireworks show. From all reports it was a nightmare trying to move around in the park.

We were in MK that day, and had planned to see Spectro and Wishes, but it became so crowded by 2 pm that we decided to leave the park and do something else. I really hated to miss Spectro and Wishes, but I knew I wouldn't enjoy it as much if it was so crowded.

Our impression during our Oct 4-11 trip was that crowds were significantly higher than last October when we went during the F&W fest.

During MNSSHP last year (on a Sun night), at 10pm Toon Town Fair and Tomorrowland were nearly deserted. This year, both places were crowded even at 11pm. With strollers!

Last year, we had Dinoland in AK nearly to ourselves in the early afternoon on an EMH day. This year, it was packed at the same time on an EMH day.

All FastPasses for Test Track were distributed by early afternoon. Restaurants seemed more crowded.

Fantasmic was standing room only on Tuesday. 15 min before showtime they cancelled due to a thunderstorm blowing in. On Wed we saw people lining up for Fantasmic before 5:30. At first I thought it was for the B&tB show, but then they let those people in and there was still a line for Fantasmic stretching almost to the opening for the RnR, two hours early. Maybe they were from the Tues crowd who missed out, despite the two shows expected on Thurs. Regardless, we decided to skip it and go back to CSR, so no Fantasmic on this trip for us.

I just realized you probably won't see this post before you leave. Hope you had fun!

We were there Oct 2-8 and we didnt think the crowds were to bad. It was our first Oct trip--we normally go the end of Sept-but all in all they werent to bad.

We were there from the 11th-14th and found the crowds to be quite a bit larger than last year & the year before at this time. It made touring the parks more challenging, but also more exciting, in a way...like we were part of a huge party.

last week too. We were in the MK last Thursday and I've never seen anything like it! Main Street had to be 200 degrees. We thanked god that everyone decided to use deodorant that day. Parents gave up trying to get through with strollers and just left them in the middle of the street. We saw an elderly woman cry in a wheelchair trying to get through the crowds with family. Chris made a comment that I thought pretty accurate. the MK SHOULD serve alcohol!

Regarding Wishes - we were one of the nuts who made it to Main Street and loved the show.

We arrived Thursday, Oct. 9 and found the entire weekend to be horribly crowded. I was hoping to read that those who went earlier in the week fared better. I thought maybe the crowds arrived for the Wishes premiere and then stayed for Columbus Day.

Originally posted by Partridge4ever
We arrived Thursday, Oct. 9 and found the entire weekend to be horribly crowded. I was hoping to read that those who went earlier in the week fared better. I thought maybe the crowds arrived for the Wishes premiere and then stayed for Columbus Day.

any long weekend is crowded, I think...a LOT of schools in the South had a break sometime in late Sept/ early Oct. I don't know if that had any impact on the crowds. We were there from Sept 27-Oct 6. We noticed 2 things--during the week (Mon-Thur) crowds weren't bad and that it was much less crowded the few days we were there in September. One CM told us that October was to be very busy this year.

We were there at MK on the 9th and it was CRAZY!!!!! Between Fall breaks,FTP, and the media events it was a nightmare. I hope it isn't always going to be that bad in October, but I would like to warn people for future reference to be prepared.

Just got my "daily" update from the parks from my mom and sis who arrived yesterday (Thursday) after a 4 day Disney cruise...and they absolutely COULD NOT BELIEVE the crowds at MK this afternoon/evening!!! :crazy: They added Wishes and another Spectro because of the crowds, and my sister said that it was "walll to wall" people literally on Main Street for Wishes! YIKES! It sounds packed!

Hope it calms down just a little for our trip in 13 days!!

:p IVY :p

We were also there Oct. 4-11, and could not believe the crowds. We always go at this time as our anniversary is the 8th. NOrmally, we would be able to make PS the night before or the morning of, even character breakfasts, but not this time! I agree with others, that the FTP, and for this particular week the media events, really contributed to the crowds.

Had a great time anyway!

I just got back from WDW last night- it was crowded! I've been there in October befofer and never seen the crowds like they are now. All the parks were busy, but if you use your fast pass effectively- you can get on all rides and still have a good time. Be sure to make PS's before you go- otherwise you may have a difficult time getting into a restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter