CROCS!!! What's up with CROCS???

twardw

Those aren't warts...my face just has character
Can you wear CROCS all day in the park and not get blisters? We went in Jan/08 and it was chilly, but still saw people wearing them all over the place. Both with and without socks. They look comfortable and we are going back in April. I am tempted to try a pair, but.......I'm talking about hopping from opening to closing, no breaks :woohoo:

I too am thinking of buying myself a pair. My mom is a nurse and she swears by them and wears them almost every day. Heck, they even sell them in WDW now. Everyone always says they are so comfortable. I guess we should all give them a try at least once.

Kim

Lots of Croc lovers here on the DIS.

I didn't go for them because they gave me no support - now keep in mind I'm a jolly, chubby lady!!!! I need a sneaker or a Teva type shoe.

And as I've stated before - please don't flame me!!!! - I don't like the looks of the bright colored Crocs on boys and men. A nice black or brown Croc, maybe, but pink??? Lime green??? Nope.

And only Iron Chef Mario can wear orange ones!

I wear my crocs everywhere - including 8 days at Disney. I've never gotten a blister.

I love my crocs, though I'm in need of a new pair :goodvibes I do prefer to wear socks with them

I LOVE them. I wear them for work, and was afraid to try them all day in the parks until last year and for me there is no going back. I can't wear them with socks at the parks (even though I always have socks on for work) due, I think, to the pace and distance that we walk at WDW. I have worn them in the rain several times and they dry out very quickly. Never a blister, hot-spot, or over-heated feet since I started wearing them, and I often find myself consciously thinking about how good they feel. I have seven pairs now.
Just one humble opinion.

never had a blister from my crocs. been wearing them.. 3 or 4 years now :)

they are snuggly warm in winter and cool in summer.. i just LOVE MY CROCS :)

Crocs= not very fashionable but OH so wonderful for the feet! I have bone spurs AND I am flat footed which spells a disaster for walking all day at Disney. Our last trip I wore my Crocs and I had ZERO problems. No blisters, no tired feet or ankles, no painful heels.

I L-O-V-E my Crocs!

Crocs at WDW= happy walking feet!!

I have many pairs in several different styles, and they are all pretty wonderful for walking all day and night at WDW. I am a Pooh-sized lady, and my feet gat awfully sore and full of blisters if I wear any other type of shoe. With Crocs, I can commando my way through a weeklong WDW trip and my feet stay happy and blister-free.

The combo of Crocs and BodyGlide is da bomb!!!

yes, crocs work and work well... but like anything else, you should wear them a while be fore logging 14 miles a day in them.

I am a bigger guy with extremely flat feet, and I LOVE MY CROCS! I have a black pair (can't do the neon green, sorry!) and I wear them all the time. I even got my wife to get a pair- she got the Mickey ones!

I would recommend you try them out before you plan on weariing them for 12 hours at a time. If you buy them at WDW, perhaps carry a pair of sneakers with you the first day in case they don't agree with your feet. I think that most people end up loving them though, even if they do make your feet look funny! :goodvibes

I love my Crocs.
I live in PA and as long as it's not snowing I wear them all the time. I wear the with or without socks. No problems.

BUT, when I went to WDW in Dec 07 I wore my Disney Crocs without socks and got terrible blisters on the top of my one foot. It was horrible. I have no idea why since I wore these many times at home with no problem. I don't think I would have had blisters if I had worn socks.

I did wear my Capri Crocs flip flop type with no problems, but for the rest of my vacation it was either my worn-in sneakers or my Crocs Capri.

After coming home I continued to wear those same Disney Crocs and haven't had any blisters since. Odd.

I only have one question, any crocs that I try on are always WAY to WIDE
I must say I have very narrow feet...any suggestions for these feet?:)
Thanks

I get a blister on the top of my foot anytime I do much walking in my Disney Crocs without socks. I got a few pair of black low socks to wear with them. Other than that I have less problems with my feet than when I've worn traditional sneakers. In the summer I've worn the Athens and they are fine too for a long day.

When I saw the "crocs" for the first time in WDW, I was like what these pople wearing, I just couldn't bring myself to even try them on...............When I came home from the trip I went onto the Croc website I found a pair that is a sutable style for my taste. I asked around and alot of people said there all the same comfort but different styles.

So I boiught the mens SOBEK I just got a size smaller.......Oh they are so comfy and I can walk in them all day.

My April trip will be the first time I try them out in the parks.........I think they will be fine because now when i wear my sneakers for along period of time they start to bother me, but not the crocs.

Hope this was helpful.........:thumbsup2

I wore my crocs during a previous trip. Long days, for a full week. My feet were very sore by the end of each day.

On a trip following that one, I decided to give my new sneakers a try. Same long days for a week. My feet were never sore at the end of each day.

On our most recent trip, I wore my crocs the first day, sore feet. Switched back to my sneakers, no more sore feet.

I enjoy my crocs for light duty. But for heavy duty, commando style, Disney walking, my sneakers are the best.

Lots of Croc lovers here on the DIS.

I didn't go for them because they gave me no support - now keep in mind I'm a jolly, chubby lady!!!! I need a sneaker or a Teva type shoe.

And as I've stated before - please don't flame me!!!! - I don't like the looks of the bright colored Crocs on boys and men. A nice black or brown Croc, maybe, but pink??? Lime green??? Nope.

And only Iron Chef Mario can wear orange ones!

I do believe they make black Crocs.

Do they have to be real Crocs or can they be the no-brand kind. They have them so much cheaper at places like Target. Anyone buy the no-brand and still have such good luck?

CROCS ARE GREAT! Not only do they dry off quickly after a water ride, but they are super comfortable. Also they are really light weight and harbor no odor whatsoever.

Do yourself a favor and buy a pair. My family wears them 24x7 while at Disney and we've never had a blister.

my aunt has the target brand and she said they are comfortable too. She has not worn them for long periods of time, but she did say they seem simliar.

But to also comment to the first post I was a hater of crocs, thought they were ugly and weird. But then one day my mom got me the disney ones as a gift and I have loved them since. once you have a pair they grow on you, and I personally think they are really cute. Me and a couple of my volleyball teamates were even thinking about getting them in blue for our entire team to wear. I have not worn them at Disney yet, but I do want to say that even if you are a hater, you can become a lover. Even as a teenager, I was persuaded to appreciate them.

I got the Scutes Crocs, which look like a open toe and open back Addidas type sandal, I wore them all day in September, in 100 degree heat and humidity, also it rained about once an hour, no blisters at all!!! My DH has the Scutes as well and no blisters for him. DD had regular Disney crocs, no blisters for her either. I just got the Minnie Jane crocs, they are Mary Jane looking crocs with Minnie head holes instead of regular holes, check them out on the Crocs website. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter