CROCS!!! What's up with CROCS???

I can't believe now one else has mentioned this... so here is what I found...

At home for eight hours in a day... no blisters, wonderful comfort... :woohoo:

At Disney World same length of time... Bilisters on the top inside foot area due to a lot more rubbing than usual to that area...
Reason for more rubbing than usual... more walking of course...
On top of that, due to the way in which you have to walk in them... How many people have to lift your toes higher in Crocs than in tennis shoes?... In order to keep that supper grabby material from trying to toss you on your nose because you didn't get it up off the ground far enough... because there is soo much foot room in them you have to lift your foot higher to get them off the ground... normal amounts of walking it doesn't show...
The unsual amount of walking while at Disney coupled with the extra toe lift involved in each steps wears your legs out quicker than usual... The muscles in the front of your legs, not your calves, is where you really feel it... which makes it that much harder to keep them from drooping and the shoe from grabbing... which causes extra rubbing where you don't usually have it... hehe... shew... which causes the blisters... :laughing:

What I have found works best for me is to wear the Crocs to the parks during the day... but have tennis shoes and blister bandaids to switch too in the evening when you're too tired to continue doing the high step... Best of both worlds I guess... :cool2:

The Beach ones are the only ones I can wear, and I DO the entire trip. Various pairs.

I will say that DD 4.5 has been complaining of her leg/ foot (it varies) hurting for several months. We took her to the doctor twice before we were referred to a physical therapist. During the first visit, the PT recommended tennis shoes with good support for DD, who has worn Crocs for the past 2 years. She said they really weren't good for kids whose feet were developing -- plus, DD needs arch support.

She hasn't complained as much now, and anytime I tell her to go get her Crocs on the weekends she gets very indignant about "what the doctor said."
(She did wear Crocs 100% last Sept. and had few problems, though.)

wore my mary jane crocs for the entire trip...actually switched between 2 pairs i had and no blisters or sweaty feet. I wore no socks. My whole family wore them including the grandparents and we loved them. No leg pains, my mother has some foot problems that went away when she started wearing them. If you get some for your trip, break them in for a good month before as they take some getting used to.

Excellent observation Foofness. It took me a while to figure out why the FRONT of my legs were sore. :confused3
But, I wouldn't trade them for anything!

I suggest you buy them well before your trip to make sure you like them AND try each pair on. They are moulded and may have little flaws, just because you wear a sixe X, doesn't mean your second pair will fit the same way. ALWAYS try them on.

Another plus, they're great for flying... you can kick them off easily for the security inspection.

Do they have to be real Crocs or can they be the no-brand kind. They have them so much cheaper at places like Target. Anyone buy the no-brand and still have such good luck?

I'll answer that by saying you get what you pay for. The comfort of the originals is unparalleled by any knock off. JMHO.

Love 'em. But, if you plan on trying them, try them first at home. I wear them with socks at Disney, because I want absolutely no risk of an irritation. I wore them for 10 days, and so did my family, and we did not have one foot complaint!

I received the new Celeste style for my birthday and they are wonderful! OMG, they are beyond comfy. They also actually have some arch support. :)

I am a very rare breed - a woman - who HATES shoes - I mean like Hate with a passion. Just as much as I hate shoes - I love my crocs. They are the only shoes I wear unless I have to dress up for something. Even on formal night on the 7 day Magic cruise I was soooo tempted to wear my crocs under my formal gown (no one could see my feet). I didn't though.. but man I wanted to.

my dd 4 wears her crocs every where, even disney all day, but with socks. She has 4 pair i believe and that's about all she wears when i say "go get some shoes"
Now me, i love mine and wear them all the time at home. Wore them 1 day at Epcot on our last trip and my feet were killing me by the end of the day and had blisters on both feet - and that was with socks.
Just like everything else - everyone is different.

I'll answer that by saying you get what you pay for. The comfort of the originals is unparalleled by any knock off. JMHO.

I would completely agree. The only blisters I ever got were from a Croc knock-off. I wear my crocs all year long. They are a treat to my feet!

I would say invest the $30 in a pair. I don't think that you would regret it. I got hooked on them immediately. And Yes, I heard about them initially from the dis boards!:banana: :cheer2:

I swore I would never buy them, they are ugly and blech...you know what they say about never say never:rotfl2: I own several pairs including the winter ones with the fur that I wear all the time, DD's both own several pairs, and DS owns 1 pair. I am pooh size, have horrible knees that have some screws in them, and am into the teens in knee surgeries. Not only do I wear them all day in the parks with no socks, my knees do not bother me nearly as much as they do when I wear sneakers:confused3 It is really strange but I love these shoes!

Is there anything more beautiful:

990103765_188.jpg

There were the only shoes I wore on our most recent trip. Everyone else in the group complained about sore and tired feet and I just kept pointing down and smiling. I have several pairs and I even exercise in them now because they are more comfortable than anything I've ever worn.

With my first pair of crocs I got blisters at first, but I was also doing some major gardening with them so perhaps thats why.

On our last trip I wore my tennis shoes on the first day. My feet were KILLING me after that day. So I switched to my furry crocs. That was a bit better but they seem harder than the regular crocs. So I bought myself a pair of pink Mickey crocs a few days into our trip. I ended up wearing them every day. Once the pain from the first day wore off I had no more pain for the rest of the trip. The really are comfortable shoes.

The talking trash can in Tomorrow Land made fun of me for wearing socks with them. It was very tempting to reply to his comments (since I knew what guy was controlling it) but I didn't want to ruin the fun for everyone. LMBO! ;)

I have a pair, I wore once for a long period of time and did not find them that comfortable, I got blisters. I will no longer let my kids wear them out anymore other than at a beach or around the house. My dd was running in them at MGM to see a character and tripped and fell, scrapping her face very badly (mind you she could have fallen wearing any shoe but I feel because they fit loosely and the rubbery material didn't help kwim??) Also my ds had his croc chewed by the esculator leaving Soarin' He was completely panicked and said Mommy my shoe is stuck, the whole bottom front of the shoe was gone!!!!! Thank God it was just his shoe. I wrote to Crocs and they said it was not their shoes it was the esculator,:scared1:

Love my Crocs!! Last September when we went for a vacation I wore my Croc flip flops to all the parks except for AK (I'm clumsy). Wore sneakers there and regretted it the entire day as I had blisters on the bottom of my feet. Thank goodness for DISers mentioning moleskin. Got that & then wore the Croc flip flops the rest of the trip everywhere. DD bought me the furry Crocs for Xmas and I wore them everywhere for our vacation at WDW in January. Got the light blue ones so they don't really stand out in a crowd. I don't wear socks with them though - they're definitely warm enough without. It's going to be hard to make me go back to wearing sneakers at all. JMHO................:confused3

I have 4 pairs of Crocs and LOVE them. It's the best thing to ever happen to my feet and knees. My kids each have a pair too. I can't get DH in a pair. Me and DS's wore them all around Yellowstone NP last summer, we did a lot of walking and no problems. I want to get a Disney pair for our trip in May.

Wonderful feedback!! I was hoping the CROC lovers would show up to comment because I figured all of those people I saw wearing them could not be crazy!

I never thought of wearing them through airport security and on the plane. Excelllent idea!! I'm hitting the crocs.com website right away so I can break them is ASAP. Either very dark or kahki color for me :cool1:

Watch for me rockin and CROCin' in April!

I was just wondering if some of you could tell me what size shoe you normally wear and then what size crocs you got. I know there is a chart on the crocs website, but I want to know how you guys size them.

I just realized I bought two different sizes. I got a brown pair that the size says M7/W9 on the bottom. These fit with no extra room. My toes go to the end. I also got a navy blue pair and those say on the bottom W10-11
L M8-9. These fit with extra room.

I just want the best fit. What does the W and M stand for?

I LOVE CROCS!!!!

I bought them after reading about them on the DIS, and three trips in a row, never a blister or even foot pain. I won't do WDW without them again.

I have the regular Crocs and a pair of the Mari-jane style. We went to WDW in January and I wore socks with mine - still no blisters.

And yes, we go from morning to night. If you buy them, be sure to get the right size. I think they size on the small side so get them roomy so you won't get blisters.

Our family is not overly fond of crocs. My kids call them farting shoes because when they get wet...well.... they make a silly noise :lmao:

my mom swears by them but whenever she is walking in them and they have gotten wet ...my kids call crocs Grandma's farting shoes :lmao:

That kind of ruined us on crocs forever:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter