Critique my trip plan

Time for trip #2. This was supposed to happen this past august... but you know, pandemics and all have a way of ruining plans.

Speaking of which. Originally we were booked for Sunday->Sunday. Now we're Friday Aug 20 -> Friday Aug 27th which means we'll be there over the weekend for the first few days. (Our friends wedding now falls on the 28th so we would like to get back, hopefully quarantine rules are lifted by then)

Boys will be 6 and 9 (almost 10) a the time of the trip. The eldest has already ridden all the disney coasters and loved them except for animal kingdom which we didn't go to last time. Youngest and I do not like coasters except for very tame ones. (Luckily my husband will ride them with my eldest)

We're staying at the Poly which hopefully should have its renovations finished by then.

I'm thinking:

Friday: Flight lands at MCO at 5:20pm - so basically dinner and the pool if we're lucky
Saturday: Animal Kingdom
Sunday: Magic Kingdom
Monday: Pool Day or Universal / Partial Magic Kingdom day?
Tuesday: Pool Day or Universal
Wednesday: Hollywood Studios
Thursday: Epcot
Friday: Pool Day and flight departs at 5pm

Thoughts? I have 1 more day of park tickets I need to put somewhere. I"m thinking Monday maybe should be an extra magic kingdom day?

If your staying at Poly and it's normal times then you should have Xtra Magic Hours. I think in the past Animal Kingdom had morning xtra magic on Satu and then you really want to utilize the extra magic hours on Tue (epcot night time) and wed (Magic kingdom) if the boys can stay up.

Basically you want to schedule your park mornings and nights to maximize the xtra magic hours.

Yes! But with extra magic hours being suspended right now - how do I tell when they are?

last trip we only made use of the morning extra magic hours. Might be different now that they’re older, but we do like to get back to the hotel and chill by the pool at night.

Yes! But with extra magic hours being suspended right now - how do I tell when they are?

last trip we only made use of the morning extra magic hours. Might be different now that they’re older, but we do like to get back to the hotel and chill by the pool at night.

I think Tuesday and Wed are the best because you get something like 2 extra hours at EPCOT on Tuesday night and 3 extra hours at MK on Wed night. All the rest are one extra hour.

Really you should rope drop/extra magic the mornings and then around 11 you can eat lunch and head back to the hotel to chill and nap. Then either eat or go back to the parks around 4-5 pm and go till close. (This avoids the most busy time in the parks between 11 am and 4 pm when all the late risers come to the park)

This was the old list:

• Sunday: Evening EMH at Disney's Hollywood Studios
  • Monday: Morning EMH at Disney's Animal Kingdom
  • Tuesday: Evening EMH at EPCOT
  • Wednesday: Evening EMH at Magic Kingdom Park
  • Thursday: Morning EMH at EPCOT
  • Friday: Morning EMH at Magic Kingdom Park
  • Saturday: Morning EMH at Disney's Animal Kingdom
https://www.undercovertourist.com/blog/extra-magic-hours-when-to-use-when-to-avoid/

Thank you! We had planned to go back and nap last time but it never happened we were having too much fun. We did typically do a longer seated lunch though which was a bit of a break. Not sure what dining will looking like by August though.

Thank you! We had planned to go back and nap last time but it never happened we were having too much fun. We did typically do a longer seated lunch though which was a bit of a break. Not sure what dining will looking like by August though.

What you should also consider is taking the boat/monorail from Poly to MK and then take the boat from MK to Wilderness campground.

They they have pony and horse rides and stables for a fee

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/campsites-at-fort-wilderness-resort/pony-rides/
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/tri-circle-d-ranch/
and the Hoop De Doo Western dinner show and revue (During non COVID times)
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/d...wilderness-resort/hoop-dee-doo-musical-revue/

I’d probably do universal your first full day. If you want to see all of Harry Potter, you will need a park to park ticket to ride the train. right Now it’s so hard to plan for august, because we don’t know what kind of restrictions. I can tell you that universal does not have a park reservation system and it’s first come first serve and this past week was full by 9 am with park opening at 9 with one opening at 8 for certain guests. Who knows what it will look like then.

Will look into that! I heard great things from my friend but last time we just didn't have enough time.

I revised my days after reviewing the crowd calendar and typical EMH. I'm waffling on the Wednesday MK EMH. That'š the one evening EMH we might use - if they even come back. but the crowd calendar also says Wednesday is the least busy universal day.
s
So I have

Friday: Land around 5pm ish
Sat: Animal Kingdom (Typically morning EMH)
Monday: Hollywood studios
Tuesday: Magic Kingdom
Wednesday: Universal Day
Friday: Flight back at 6pm ish. Debating whether to chill /visit disney springs or add on another day of tickets and go to MK again

My kids were the same ages and roughly the same heights on our trip a year ago. The half inch that his sneakers gave my youngest was enough to put him over the line for 7DMT at MK, which he loved and wanted to go on twice, and Slinky Dog and MFSM at DHS, but we didn't try to sneak him onto anything taller. Our FPs were as follows: MK: 7DMT, Peter Pan, and Haunted Mansion, Epcot: Spaceship Earth, Frozen and I honestly can't remember the last one but we missed the window anyway, DHS: SDD, Star Tours (Rider Swap) and Muppets, and AK: FoP (Rider Swap), Safari, and the Expedition Everest (Rider Swap). I also rode Splash Mountain and ToT with my elder DS, but didn't know if I felt he was ready for Space Mountain or Rockin Rollercoaster just yet because they're in the dark, so we decided to skip them.

Will look into that! I heard great things from my friend but last time we just didn't have enough time.

I revised my days after reviewing the crowd calendar and typical EMH. I'm waffling on the Wednesday MK EMH. That'š the one evening EMH we might use - if they even come back. but the crowd calendar also says Wednesday is the least busy universal day.
s
So I have

Friday: Land around 5pm ish
Sat: Animal Kingdom (Typically morning EMH)
Monday: Hollywood studios
Tuesday: Magic Kingdom
Wednesday: Universal Day
Friday: Flight back at 6pm ish. Debating whether to chill /visit disney springs or add on another day of tickets and go to MK again
We love the evening extra magic hours at magic kingdom, but they could be quite late if everything is back to normal. they were either 11-1 or 12-2 when we were there. love being there late a night, but not going anywhere super early the next day. Just something to consider, hard to know what todo right now with the current Situation

The traditionalist in me says to always start with MK, but I’ll also say that this time so you don’t have back to back MK days. Especially with an older child who likes coasters, MK could get old quickly. As for how terrible MK might be on a Saturday, that’s subject to so many variables right now that I’d also plan on making changes in June as you decide your dining plans.

Yep! This may all change as I know more. I think I’m happy with the AK day as the first day though.

the eldest did really like MK last time. He rode space mountain like 4 times (and I am okay on space mountain)

more planning yay?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter