Credit Card Charges for ADRs

CarrieWithTheMouseEars

Earning My Ears
Hi all! I made my ADRs over the weekend for my December trip. I've made many, many dining reservations before, with no problems. This time, the credit card charges went through as full charges that show in my credit card transactions, not just as pending charges. I read and reread the language in the confirmation emails, which say:

Your Visa ending in XXXX is being used to guarantee your reservation. It will only be charged in the event that your party does not arrive as scheduled. To keep from being charged, please cancel your reservation within the allotted cancellation period.

Has anyone else had this happen recently? If so, were those charges reversed? I've tried calling but get a message saying "all circuits are busy now" and dread sitting on hold for hours even if I can get in a hold queue. (I was on hold for 9 hours to convert tickets to annual passes...) :)

Thank you!!
°o° Carrie

We recently made several ADRs for December and did not see any actual charges on the card. We've never seen any actual charges on the card until after the meal. Perhaps look and see if 'chat' is available online? It's almost as tough to get as a phone conversation, but might be worth a shot. You should not be seeing a charge at this point. The phone systems are a customer service disgrace right now.

Hi all! I made my ADRs over the weekend for my December trip. I've made many, many dining reservations before, with no problems. This time, the credit card charges went through as full charges that show in my credit card transactions, not just as pending charges. I read and reread the language in the confirmation emails, which say:

Your Visa ending in XXXX is being used to guarantee your reservation. It will only be charged in the event that your party does not arrive as scheduled. To keep from being charged, please cancel your reservation within the allotted cancellation period.

Has anyone else had this happen recently? If so, were those charges reversed? I've tried calling but get a message saying "all circuits are busy now" and dread sitting on hold for hours even if I can get in a hold queue. (I was on hold for 9 hours to convert tickets to annual passes...) :)

Thank you!!
°o° Carrie
So the only restaurant we had to pay ahead was CRT. I would double check the menu area of the restaurant on the app because it should tell you. You getting charged for all of them is weird.
Edited for clarity*

Last edited:
We recently made several ADRs for December and did not see any actual charges on the card. We've never seen any actual charges on the card until after the meal. Perhaps look and see if 'chat' is available online? It's almost as tough to get as a phone conversation, but might be worth a shot. You should not be seeing a charge at this point. The phone systems are a customer service disgrace right now.
I also second the chat!

What restaurant were you charged for? Some of those prices aren't even set until you arrive. CRT and fireworks parties I would expect, but I'm scratching my head over anything else.

So the only restaurant we had to pay ahead was CRT. I would double check the menu area of the restaurant on the app because it should tell you. You getting charged for all of them is weird.
Edited for clarity*
AHH! Okay - you are absolutely right - we booked CRT on separate bookings because of the size of our party, and this would explain the charges. THANK YOU!! That makes SO much more sense. I'm a little embarrassed now - hah! But in all of our many previous WDW visits, we've never dined at CRT, amazingly enough.

Follow-up question - is the difference refunded to you if the bill ends up being less? It looks like we were charged for all adults, even though we have one in the 3-9 category and one under 3. Now, let's be honest - we'll probably have some drinks with the meal that will put us over, but genuinely curious how they reconcile that charge at the end.

AHH! Okay - you are absolutely right - we booked CRT on separate bookings because of the size of our party, and this would explain the charges. THANK YOU!! That makes SO much more sense. I'm a little embarrassed now - hah! But in all of our many previous WDW visits, we've never dined at CRT, amazingly enough.

Follow-up question - is the difference refunded to you if the bill ends up being less? It looks like we were charged for all adults, even though we have one in the 3-9 category and one under 3. Now, let's be honest - we'll probably have some drinks with the meal that will put us over, but genuinely curious how they reconcile that charge at the end.
It should have charged you the child's price for the younger ones. If they didn't, then they should be able to adjust for you. Not sure if they can do it ahead of time though.

It was our first time eating at CRT too! The minute breakfast reopened we hopped on that ADR!
I actually don’t know as we were three adults. I assume they would charge more if you got a specialty drink, so I assume they would take something off the charge for the little one under 3. I would definitely call and ask.

Did you book CRT through the website or on the phone? How large was your party?

We are going Dec 17-27. CRT and Space 220 are at the top of our list but I'm nervous we won't have much luck. We are party of 6.

We are going Dec 17-27. CRT and Space 220 are at the top of our list but I'm nervous we won't have much luck. We are party of 6.
Make CRT one of the first you make reservations for. Be a little flexible with time. I was looking for 9:15 and we got 8:55 instead for breakfast.

Make CRT one of the first you make reservations for. Be a little flexible with time. I was looking for 9:15 and we got 8:55 instead for breakfast.

Ok will do. It will be my first, followed by space 220 then topolinos. Times don't really matter for us, as long as we get them for dinner between 6 and close. Thanks!

Ok will do. It will be my first, followed by space 220 then topolinos. Times don't really matter for us, as long as we get them for dinner between 6 and close. Thanks!
No problem!
we found being more flexible helped. Sometimes depending on the restaurant we took a reservation a little earlier or a little later and modified later.

I had a phone and a laptop going, and my husband did as well - we are a party of 10 on this trip, so we were booking a 4+6 or 5+5. Slightly complicated! :) One party of 6 should be easier than trying to align two reservations. I had better luck getting reservations to go through on my computer than my phone - phone kept having errors and I couldn't get anything at all to go through. The system is glitchy overall and the system definitely was overloaded, so you just have to keep trying until something goes through. Be sure you are on and starting no later than 5:45, although both days I booked (we had a separate reservation for one night, so two separate booking windows) the system went live right at 6am. Definitely harder to get reservations on this trip than ANY of my previous. I would actually recommend trying Space 220 first - that was the only res we couldn't get. CRT was easier, and that was the third booking we attempted. If you can put those high priority ones toward the end of your stay, that will be easier too. Good luck!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter