Courtesy wheelchair

simonsmom

DIS Veteran
We have been renting wheelchairs daily for my mother who has mobility issues. Is there a way to arrange to have a courtesy wheelchair at bus stop when we get off? Yesterday she was in tears by the time we reached the gate

Look at the FAQs sticky at the top of this board. You will probably need to rent a wc from an off-site provider. They are much cheaper than using WDW's WCs and they are much better chairs!! That way you will have it at the resort as well as going and coming to the parks (and of course, inside the parks!)

We used one at akv we just asked bell services and they had them. Ask someone at the front desk I am sure the use of one. An be arranged but it is unlikely to stay at the stop all day. Someone may use it. You might have to stop in at bell services or wherever they are kept where you are staying and get it for her.

rent from off site to guarantee availability.

usually the courtesy chairs at Pick up/drop off locations are in VERY poor condition. the last time, we had a wheel fall off halfway up the ramp at the monorail. . Once, it the front wheels did not turn so DH had to tip me back and wheel me.

chairs at the resorts are the same way.. FCFS, and usually in lousy shape.

The courtesy wheelchairs at resorts are there for emergencies. They are not for people who know in advance that they will need one. They also may not be in very good condition. It is much, much better to rent from off-site!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter