Courtesy of Shamus - BWV Villa locations by View

We are OKW owners so first time at BWV. Have a BW view reserved. We don't care about noise or steps, I just want the best view I can get. With that in mind what would be good to list as a request? I've already listed highest floor and near elevators but willing to change based on the experts opinions. We'll be there next March.

Thanks!!!

Best views are NOT near elevators. You'll want to request near Atlantic Dance or JellyRolls - i.e., the rooms farthest from the elevators.

We are OKW owners so first time at BWV. Have a BW view reserved. We don't care about noise or steps, I just want the best view I can get. With that in mind what would be good to list as a request? I've already listed highest floor and near elevators but willing to change based on the experts opinions. We'll be there next March.

Thanks!!!

Request high floor, Crest of Waves section (those would be ones mentioned above as near Jellyrolls , which results in the rooms with the best views. Drop completely current request including highest floor (high floor, which would be 4 or 5, is enough of a request), and resign yourself to a somewhat lenghty walk (about 90 seconds to 2 minutes, normal adult pace) to the elevator.

drusba is correct, as usual. I will also had that even if you don't get your requests, don't despair. All BW view rooms have a view of fireworks, some just a little better than others. We are always in the BW view HA 1 bedroom, #2049. It has about the worst of the BW views because it is on a low floor and close to the elevators, the opposite of drusba's suggestion. But we always see both MK and Epcot fireworks, just not quite as well as high floor, far from elevator rooms.
I hope you enjoy your BWV stay. It is a very different kind of experience from OKW but I think both resorts are wonderful in different ways.

Thank you both very much, will change my request for sure!!! It's always great to come to the DIS for advice:)

This thread is very helpful.
Best views are NOT near elevators. You'll want to request near Atlantic Dance or JellyRolls - i.e., the rooms farthest from the elevators.
Request high floor, Crest of Waves section (those would be ones mentioned above as near Jellyrolls , which results in the rooms with the best views. Drop completely current request including highest floor (high floor, which would be 4 or 5, is enough of a request), and resign yourself to a somewhat lenghty walk (about 90 seconds to 2 minutes, normal adult pace) to the elevator.
drusba is correct, as usual. I will also had that even if you don't get your requests, don't despair. All BW view rooms have a view of fireworks, some just a little better than others. We are always in the BW view HA 1 bedroom, #2049. It has about the worst of the BW views because it is on a low floor and close to the elevators, the opposite of drusba's suggestion. But we always see both MK and Epcot fireworks, just not quite as well as high floor, far from elevator rooms.
I hope you enjoy your BWV stay. It is a very different kind of experience from OKW but I think both resorts are wonderful in different ways.
Thank you for the room recommendations!

First time at BWV and we have a 2br booked, standard view. We are only staying 2 nights pre-cruise and plan on spending our full day at Epcot. I have looked at many maps of the resort but can't find one that shows detailed exits. Are there stairs that exit to the outside that guests can use to enter and exit the villa building or do you need to exit from the lobby area? If we could enter and exit at the Epcot end of the building we'd be ok with going up stairs vs using the elevator if we were that much closer to the park. I hope that makes sense! If not, we do plan to come back to the resort mid afternoon to relax and enjoy the pool area. I'm trying to figure out what to request for either of those options.

First time at BWV and we have a 2br booked, standard view. We are only staying 2 nights pre-cruise and plan on spending our full day at Epcot. I have looked at many maps of the resort but can't find one that shows detailed exits. Are there stairs that exit to the outside that guests can use to enter and exit the villa building or do you need to exit from the lobby area? If we could enter and exit at the Epcot end of the building we'd be ok with going up stairs vs using the elevator if we were that much closer to the park. I hope that makes sense! If not, we do plan to come back to the resort mid afternoon to relax and enjoy the pool area. I'm trying to figure out what to request for either of those options.

As you may be able to tell from the maps in the prior poster's link, the standard view rooms that are actually closest to Epcot are the standard view rooms that are closest to the lobby. There are stairways located along the standard view hallway that take you down to the quiet pool and to the walkway to Studios, but they are of no use to get to Epcot. From any standard view room, the best way to Epcot is to go to the elevator that is near the lobby, take it to ground floor (one floor below lobby), go out the door that is in the Luna park area and walk through a short tunnel to the Village Green, and then go to the boat or walk down the boardwalk to Epcot.

As you may be able to tell from the maps in the prior poster's link, the standard view rooms that are actually closest to Epcot are the standard view rooms that are closest to the lobby. There are stairways located along the standard view hallway that take you down to the quiet pool and to the walkway to Studios, but they are of no use to get to Epcot. From any standard view room, the best way to Epcot is to go to the elevator that is near the lobby, take it to ground floor (one floor below lobby), go out the door that is in the Luna park area and walk through a short tunnel to the Village Green, and then go to the boat or walk down the boardwalk to Epcot.

Thank you, I very much appreciate your help!

Just be aware that the Standard View rooms closest to the lobby can be noisy. Some have reported being disturbed very early (6am?) by the noise of the DME luggage trucks backing up ("Beep... Beep... Beep") to the luggage holding area that is on the DVC side of the main entrance, very close to or maybe even directly under some of the Standard View rooms. There will also be people pushing those large luggage cages, loading and unloading luggage to/from the truck. Personally, I would rather be further down the hallway, well away from that area.

Wish I could send this to the MS CM I spoke to this week. I called to put in a request for my stay next month. I request a dedicated studio and the CM insisted there are NO dedicated studios. I calmly told her that yes they do have dedicated studios because I've stayed in them. I told her they are on each side of the ice machine as you turn the corner, but she just didn't believe me......

We were able to get a Water / Garden view studio for 4 nights in late Sept. for F&W. The only other time we stayed at BWV we had a BW view. Want to figure out where to request for this trip to have a decent view and not be TOOOOOO far from elevators & the walk to EP. Is there a thread somewhere else that discusses BWV views? Should I request a Luna Park pool view and is a higher or lower floor better if I do that? (Didn't know if trees & such block views if higher?) Or is the Courtyard a better view? Any thoughts?

We were able to get a Water / Garden view studio for 4 nights in late Sept. for F&W. The only other time we stayed at BWV we had a BW view. Want to figure out where to request for this trip to have a decent view and not be TOOOOOO far from elevators & the walk to EP. Is there a thread somewhere else that discusses BWV views? Should I request a Luna Park pool view and is a higher or lower floor better if I do that? (Didn't know if trees & such block views if higher?) Or is the Courtyard a better view? Any thoughts?

IMO, the Luna Park views are noisy due to pool games in the afternoons. If you don't plan to be in your room during that time, my advice is to just request high floor close to the elevators (no need to request anything other than that).

Some of the Luna Park views and some of the leisure pool views will be able to see the fireworks (and portions of the Fantasmic! fireworks) from DHS. The leisure pool/Community Hall area villas are not close to the elevators, though (and that's true for many of the Luna Park views as well).

Many of those who have booked studios will request the Village Green area. Those studios overlook the lawn between the lobby and the lake & have a partial view of the Boardwalk. Depending on what activities (if any) are scheduled for that area, it can be a bit noisy at night. Doesn't seem to be much of a problem if the sliders are shut, however. And if you are fotunate enough to get one, you will often have a view of at last part of the higher level fireworks from IllumiNations.

Overlooking the croquet lawn can result in some very nice views, but many of those rooms are a long way from the lobby - they are much nearer to the Atlantic Dance end of the resort.

Unless you are traveling with strollers or someone in your party cannot do stairs, being close to the elevators is over rated in my opinion. Most of the noise at the BWV comes from the hallway - children running, parents yelling & "happy" people coming home after the bars close. The closer to the elevators, the more likely you are to be disturbed when you are resting. There are stairwells scattered through out the resort and can make what seems to be an inconvenient location be a plus. JMHO. YMMV..

IMO, the Luna Park views are noisy due to pool games in the afternoons. If you don't plan to be in your room during that time, my advice is to just request high floor close to the elevators (no need to request anything other than that).

Some of the Luna Park views and some of the leisure pool views will be able to see the fireworks (and portions of the Fantasmic! fireworks) from DHS. The leisure pool/Community Hall area villas are not close to the elevators, though (and that's true for many of the Luna Park views as well).

Many of those who have booked studios will request the Village Green area. Those studios overlook the lawn between the lobby and the lake & have a partial view of the Boardwalk. Depending on what activities (if any) are scheduled for that area, it can be a bit noisy at night. Doesn't seem to be much of a problem if the sliders are shut, however. And if you are fotunate enough to get one, you will often have a view of at last part of the higher level fireworks from IllumiNations.

Overlooking the croquet lawn can result in some very nice views, but many of those rooms are a long way from the lobby - they are much nearer to the Atlantic Dance end of the resort.

Unless you are traveling with strollers or someone in your party cannot do stairs, being close to the elevators is over rated in my opinion. Most of the noise at the BWV comes from the hallway - children running, parents yelling & "happy" people coming home after the bars close. The closer to the elevators, the more likely you are to be disturbed when you are resting. There are stairwells scattered through out the resort and can make what seems to be an inconvenient location be a plus. JMHO. YMMV..

Thanks for such details! Lots to consider. The one time we were there we had a BW view in a 5th floor studio and while the view was spectacular it was noisy both from 1) the boats and 2) the boardwalk games (we were in front of some ball throwing thing with a bell going off all the time - kinda over the Big River Grill or not far from there). That said, we don't really spend a huge amount of time in the room and have plans to be out at the parks on most evenings. We felt like our walk was pretty long that time. When you say Village Green is that what is called "courtyard view" on these maps? And where is the croquet lawn? Trying to figure all these areas out from these maps....I'm assuming that's what is called the "Activity Lawn" on the maps. When looking at the entire resort birdseye view does that area sort of face the Swan / Dolphin resorts to the left of the Luna Park pool?

Thanks again!! All thoughts appreciated!! :blush::thanks:

Thanks for such details! Lots to consider. The one time we were there we had a BW view in a 5th floor studio and while the view was spectacular it was noisy both from 1) the boats and 2) the boardwalk games (we were in front of some ball throwing thing with a bell going off all the time - kinda over the Big River Grill or not far from there). That said, we don't really spend a huge amount of time in the room and have plans to be out at the parks on most evenings. We felt like our walk was pretty long that time. When you say Village Green is that what is called "courtyard view" on these maps? And where is the croquet lawn? Trying to figure all these areas out from these maps....I'm assuming that's what is called the "Activity Lawn" on the maps. When looking at the entire resort birdseye view does that area sort of face the Swan / Dolphin resorts to the left of the Luna Park pool?

Thanks again!! All thoughts appreciated!! :blush::thanks:

Yes, what is listed as the Courtyard view on the maps is the Village Green. Here's a picture from one of those studios on the second floor. This floor has giant balconies with the normal 2 tiny chairs - looks pretty odd:

20150514_180915_zpsn475awdx.jpg

20150514_180926_zpspkgxubjj.jpg

And here's the view of the Activity (Croquet) Lawn from 5004 (a 1BR). A long walk but there are stairs right close to this area which I used all the time.
20160220_162607_zpsepvmkyrn.jpg

20160220_181347_zpsmru7riqd.jpg

And this is the Luna park pool view - this was the 3rd floor HA 1BR which is right around the corner from the elevator. By far the shortest walk.

p2124342425-4.jpg

p1947088783-4.jpg

p2081080533-4.jpg

THANK YOU, Kathy! That helps so much to have some perspective on all of these various views!! That 3rd floor view of the pool "feels" so much lower than 3rd floor. I guess there kinda is a lot going on with that view huh? So only the 2nd floor on the Village Green / Courtyard side has extra large balconies? That would be weird. But I guess that would probably be the shortest walk to Epcot (using the stairs). Hummmm. Can't wait to see what we actually end up with (since we rarely get our request anyway)!

THANK YOU, Kathy! That helps so much to have some perspective on all of these various views!! That 3rd floor view of the pool "feels" so much lower than 3rd floor. I guess there kinda is a lot going on with that view huh? So only the 2nd floor on the Village Green / Courtyard side has extra large balconies? That would be weird. But I guess that would probably be the shortest walk to Epcot (using the stairs). Hummmm. Can't wait to see what we actually end up with (since we rarely get our request anyway)!

The pool view is pretty active and I wasn't exactly looking forward to it but found I liked it a lot. The afternoons definitely had noise though if you were going to be around then and bothered by it.
For the village green the large balcony was different and the floors above it had a great view down on to it. If they had lounge chairs out there it would be ok but all that space and the normal furniture was just strange. It does place you with the shortest Epcot walk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter