Courtesy of Shamus - BWV Villa locations by View

Thanks so much! We have had room 5001 twice, 3001 and 5009. We did not care for 5009 because you did not get a full view of the boardwalk because the Crest o the Wave building is set back a little. The 01's are our favorite and can see Illuminations fireworks perfectly. Any reports on other 1 bedrooms above Big River, Character Carnival, Thimbles and Threads or Screen Door? We will be there for July 4 th!!

Thanks so much! We have had room 5001 twice, 3001 and 5009. We did not care for 5009 because you did not get a full view of the boardwalk because the Crest o the Wave building is set back a little. The 01's are our favorite and can see Illuminations fireworks perfectly. Any reports on other 1 bedrooms above Big River, Character Carnival, Thimbles and Threads or Screen Door? We will be there for July 4 th!!

We had 2001 once and would NEVER accept that room again. We heard really loud noise all night from either Jellyrolls or Atlantic Dance. It was terrible. Great views and nice sitting out on the balcony during the day though. :)

We had 2001 once and would NEVER accept that room again. We heard really loud noise all night from either Jellyrolls or Atlantic Dance. It was terrible. Great views and nice sitting out on the balcony during the day though. :)

I worry about that with 2001. I would just not like being boardwalk level either. I would grab a seat on the bench and have my husband walk all the way in and down the hall to open our patio door for me. :thumbsup2 I did love 5001 being right next to The Attic.

Some neat stories about 5001. Sorry this may get a little long..:blush:

The first time we had 5001 villa, it was before they had the ability to book a boardwalk view room. I was so sad about leaving one of our cats at home because he was getting older and I just loved Spencer to pieces. So I check in and ask the CM is there any way we could get a boardwalk view room and she said "I think you will be VERY happy" and she told me it aws one of the best views. I just started to cry because I was so excited. I did not tell my husband or son who was 5 at the time. So we walk all the way down and around the hall, and at the very end is 5001. And right next to it is a sign outside of the attic saying "Welcome Iams Convention" and we just lost it. :rotfl2: It could not have been more perfect! We fully expected to see Spencer walk in to this catfood convention. He was quite the eater!! :cat: so from that moment on we considered 5001 to be "OUR" villa.

Then just about 1 year ago, we were going to WDW and my grandmother was not doing well. We decided just two days before to cancel because I was was worried something would happen. DVC was incredible and did not put our points in holding even though we were fully prepared for that to happen, and we rescheduled our trip for July 5th. As it turned out, my grandmother passed away on March 28th at 2:35 pm. Our flight was scheduled for March 28th at 2:30 pm. So we reschedule our trip and we have a boardwalk view for July 5-16th. July 3rd my grandfather passed away. Still to this day I am in shock and heartbroken about it. We call DVC again and once again, they just could not be more accommodating. My mother insisted that we leave after all of the services. So we arrive on July 8th and I am checking in and talking with the CM and start to get a little emotional explaining everything that had happened. She hands me our packet and we were in 5001 again. I just felt like we had a little :littleangel::littleangel: watching over us and making sure we had "our" villa.

Sorry that was a litte long winded.

I worry about that with 2001. I would just not like being boardwalk level either. I would grab a seat on the bench and have my husband walk all the way in and down the hall to open our patio door for me. :thumbsup2 I did love 5001 being right next to The Attic.

Some neat stories about 5001. Sorry this may get a little long..:blush:

The first time we had 5001 villa, it was before they had the ability to book a boardwalk view room. I was so sad about leaving one of our cats at home because he was getting older and I just loved Spencer to pieces. So I check in and ask the CM is there any way we could get a boardwalk view room and she said "I think you will be VERY happy" and she told me it aws one of the best views. I just started to cry because I was so excited. I did not tell my husband or son who was 5 at the time. So we walk all the way down and around the hall, and at the very end is 5001. And right next to it is a sign outside of the attic saying "Welcome Iams Convention" and we just lost it. :rotfl2: It could not have been more perfect! We fully expected to see Spencer walk in to this catfood convention. He was quite the eater!! :cat: so from that moment on we considered 5001 to be "OUR" villa.

Then just about 1 year ago, we were going to WDW and my grandmother was not doing well. We decided just two days before to cancel because I was was worried something would happen. DVC was incredible and did not put our points in holding even though we were fully prepared for that to happen, and we rescheduled our trip for July 5th. As it turned out, my grandmother passed away on March 28th at 2:35 pm. Our flight was scheduled for March 28th at 2:30 pm. So we reschedule our trip and we have a boardwalk view for July 5-16th. July 3rd my grandfather passed away. Still to this day I am in shock and heartbroken about it. We call DVC again and once again, they just could not be more accommodating. My mother insisted that we leave after all of the services. So we arrive on July 8th and I am checking in and talking with the CM and start to get a little emotional explaining everything that had happened. She hands me our packet and we were in 5001 again. I just felt like we had a little :littleangel::littleangel: watching over us and making sure we had "our" villa.

Sorry that was a litte long winded.

ITA that these are NOT coincidences or luck. :littleangel:

So DVC did it again! I realize that I had wrote the incorrect room number in my post above. "Our" villa is 3001 which we were so happy and lucky to have again this trip! :lovestruc We just love being right next to The Attic. It is my dream to have a vow renewal ceremony at The Attic. :cloud9:

Our friends were just lucky enough to have room 2123 - the corner 1 bedroom. She sent me pictures and it looked awesome! I had never seen one of those before and those corner rooms are added to my list if we ever stay standard view again!

So just wanted to say thanks again for this awesome thread!!

Is there one for all of the DVC resorts?? :goodvibes

Anyone have any pictures of views from the pool/garden view?? Any request that I should make?? We are staying at BWV for the first time in a couple of weeks and I don't know where to request....

Thanks

Anyone have any pictures of views from the pool/garden view?? Any request that I should make?? We are staying at BWV for the first time in a couple of weeks and I don't know where to request....

Thanks

If you have a studio, you can request "Village Green". The studios in this area are dedicated (no door to a 1 bedroom) and have a small bench located where the door would be if the villa was a lock-off. You will have a partial view of the Boardwalk and higher level fireworks from EPCOT's Illuminations. The Village Green is the lawn area between the lobby and Crescent lake. These rooms are also close to the elevators.

Otherwise, you have several choices to make. If you are traveling with strollers, wheelchairs, ECVs or guests who can not easily use the stairways, you will want to request close to the elevators. There is only one bank of elevators that serves the BWV wing and some of the hallways can be long.

You could request view of main pool (Luna Park), the quiet pool (and Community Hall building) or the croquet lawn. The latter area, while quite a distance from the elevators, is very quiet and overlooks the canal and Swan & Dolphin resorts. Very pretty. Plus, if you can do stairs, these rooms are closer to the Swan's bus stop than the BWI/BWV bus stop. You can get off at the Swan and walk back to your room much faster than waiting to get off at the BWI/BWV stop.

Have fun!

Now I'm getting worried... We have BWV 1BR with DH, DS11 and DS9. I did online check-in and requested ground floor near pool and community center / game room. Felt that we would be comfortable with the easy in /out and would be ok with kids going to the game room / pool and not having to go down long corridors or stairs... Do the ground-floor rooms allow you to walk straight off the patio toward the pool or game room, or are you boxed in by bushes? Hoping it's not crazy loud, being on the ground floor... :-/
Seems like six of one, half a dozen of the other - pros and cons to most locations.... I will relax and just surrender to the Magic of Disney! ;-)

Now I'm getting worried... We have BWV 1BR with DH, DS11 and DS9. I did online check-in and requested ground floor near pool and community center / game room. Felt that we would be comfortable with the easy in /out and would be ok with kids going to the game room / pool and not having to go down long corridors or stairs... Do the ground-floor rooms allow you to walk straight off the patio toward the pool or game room, or are you boxed in by bushes? Hoping it's not crazy loud, being on the ground floor... :-/
Seems like six of one, half a dozen of the other - pros and cons to most locations.... I will relax and just surrender to the Magic of Disney! ;-)

Do you have pool/garden view booked?

Jekjones, yes, we have pool/garden view booked....

I don't think that the first floor rooms near the pools will be blocked by bushes. There may be a few bushes in front of the patios but you can walk around them. If you are near the main pool then there will be noise during the day but not once the pool closes at night. If you are near the quiet pool then noise during the day shouldn't be much of a problem.

Had a hard time finding this (I've use it in the past). Thought I would bump this for others that may need.

Diagrams are definitely helpful and appreciated.

Thanks for the info, and bringing this thread around again.
I have seen this info before, but it has been a long time, so forgot about it.
Is there some cohesive layout that superimposes it over the map?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter