Courtesy of Shamus - BWV Villa locations by View

I am traveling October 18-24 staying in a 1br at the villas garden/pool view. We will be traveling with a 5 year old and an almost 2 year old and will be back regularly during the day for nap time for the baby and pool time for the 5 year old. Is there a certain unit I should request? Also, We will be traveling with two other families each getting 2br units and would like to be close together. Is this an impossibility?

I am traveling October 18-24 staying in a 1br at the villas garden/pool view. We will be traveling with a 5 year old and an almost 2 year old and will be back regularly during the day for nap time for the baby and pool time for the 5 year old. Is there a certain unit I should request? Also, We will be traveling with two other families each getting 2br units and would like to be close together. Is this an impossibility?

With a stroller I would lean towards requesting a first floor unit to limit elevator travel. The Quiet Pool and Activity Lawn views would be a bit quieter at nap times. The latter would be quieter and closer to the children's pool but Quiet Pool first floor rooms would provide easier access to Buses and Parking.

Marking all the three reservations with "Traveling With" notations should allow your group to remain relatively close to one another.

With a stroller I would lean towards requesting a first floor unit to limit elevator travel. The Quiet Pool and Activity Lawn views would be a bit quieter at nap times. The latter would be quieter and closer to the children's pool but Quiet Pool first floor rooms would provide easier access to Buses and Parking.

Marking all the three reservations with "Traveling With" notations should allow your group to remain relatively close to one another.

Thanks for the input. Do you know if the first floor units are walk out units (i.e. able to walk out to the pool from the room) or would we have to go through the resort to get to the pool? What is an Activity Lawn view? I am thinking about requesting a first floor unit that overlooks the main pool where children can play. That is the only reason I would want a pool view.

Thanks for the input. Do you know if the first floor units are walk out units (i.e. able to walk out to the pool from the room) or would we have to go through the resort to get to the pool? What is an Activity Lawn view? I am thinking about requesting a first floor unit that overlooks the main pool where children can play. That is the only reason I would want a pool view.

The first floor units generally have shrubs around the patio which often impedes the ability to walk away. In addition there is no way to lock the patio door from the outside. So unless someone is staying behind or you wish to keep your room unsecured, it is really not an option to use as an exit.

The Activity Lawn is a small grassy area located behind Jelly Rolls / Crest O' Wave section of the resort. The rooms there have a view of the canal with the Swan and Dolphin in the background. My suggestions for choosing this or the quiet pool area was due to the fact that the main pool area can get quite noisy in the afternoons which may interfere with nap time.

These maps are GREAT!! Am I reading correctly that all grand villas have Boardwalk views?

Anyone stay in a grand villa and have any suggestions?? 1-floor vs. 2-floor option, requesting highest floor or not, anything else??

All have BW view. The layout of the 1 floor units seems more impressive. The 2 floor units have the best views because they are in floors 5/6. Since there are so few units you have to be lucky to get your request.

I've read conflicting reports. Do any of the rooms offer views of the fireworks?

My wife and I have pool/garden view rooms. Are there any room requests you would make for a couple heading to food and wine other than requesting the highest floor?

I've read conflicting reports. Do any of the rooms offer views of the fireworks?

My wife and I have pool/garden view rooms. Are there any room requests you would make for a couple heading to food and wine other than requesting the highest floor?

I've had fireworks view in standard rooms across from the bus stop and boardwalk view rooms. The only pool/garden rooms that might have a glimpse of fireworks are Village Green area studios.

Update - some of the pool/garden views will have a view of the DHS fireworks.

Last edited:
We saw fireworks in boardwalk view studio- 3007, floor 3 right above DVC model in the Crest O the Wave section. Beautiful view!

We have a standard studio booked for an upcoming trip. Want to avoid noisy rooms as we have a younger child. I see upper floor across from bus stop often mentioned. Where on Shamus's diagram (first post) would those rooms be located?

We have a standard studio booked for an upcoming trip. Want to avoid noisy rooms as we have a younger child. I see upper floor across from bus stop often mentioned. Where on Shamus's diagram (first post) would those rooms be located?
That should be the last one listed, the driveway view. The numbers to the left are closer to the entrance and the ones to the right are closer to the parking lots.
Denise

I think to get a view from the Village Green area you need to be close to the boardwalk. We were in one close to the stairs into the resort and you could not see any of the fireworks.

I could would think you could definitely see some of the high fireworks for the DHS Star Wars display from some of the Pool/Garden views. We had one that faced the quiet pool, but was on the outside corner near the canal and you could see Tower of Terror and even a few fireworks from the Fantasmic finale, not much really. But the new fireworks, I would think would very much be a possibility.

From BWV 5095, dedicate 1BR.

DSCN3594.jpg

That should be the last one listed, the driveway view. The numbers to the left are closer to the entrance and the ones to the right are closer to the parking lots.
Denise
Thanks-I saw a section of dedicated studios kind of in the middle of that section-would those be too close to the Resort airline checkin area people complain about (as in being too noisy)

Thanks-I saw a section of dedicated studios kind of in the middle of that section-would those be too close to the Resort airline checkin area people complain about (as in being too noisy)

Those dedicated studios are actually pool/garden view, the room numbers are listed on the second link down. It is called Village Green views. You are actually facing the boardwalk in that view and some rooms have slight boardwalk views over the grassy lawn area. However, on lower floors the balconies are close to the porch area that is on the back of the lobby area.

Denise

I haven't stayed in any of those standard views but I think they are far enough down to not get too much, if any of the BAGS noise. They should be looking directly out towards where the driveway widens into the circular drive going into the porte cochere. I'd think it and the rooms further down the wing would fall under the "across from bus stop" request.
Our quiet room request for standard view is overlooking the tennis courts, although that's as far from the elevator as you can get.

Those dedicated studios are actually pool/garden view, the room numbers are listed on the second link down. It is called Village Green views. You are actually facing the boardwalk in that view and some rooms have slight boardwalk views over the grassy lawn area. However, on lower floors the balconies are close to the porch area that is on the back of the lobby area.

Denise

I assume they were referring to the driveway view standard rooms. There are a bunch of dedicated studios there too.

There are some lockoffs right above that area. No guarantee you will get a dedicated studio.

I haven't stayed in any of those standard views but I think they are far enough down to not get too much, if any of the BAGS noise. They should be looking directly out towards where the driveway widens into the circular drive going into the porte cochere. I'd think it and the rooms further down the wing would fall under the "across from bus stop" request.
Our quiet room request for standard view is overlooking the tennis courts, although that's as far from the elevator as you can get.

I assume they were referring to the driveway view standard rooms. There are a bunch of dedicated studios there too.
Thanks so much and yes you understood me correctly-perhaps I wasn't as clear as I could have been

Denise
Thanks but I guess I wasn't clear-I meant in the middle of the standard studio side not the middle of the resort
I appreciate everyone's help
This is our first stay at BWV and we are super excited

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter