Coupon Clipping Services

NYCDiane

DIS Veteran
I was watching "extreme couponing" on TLC and I noticed that a couple of the people say they use "coupon clipping services". I've never heard of something like this. Yes, I've heard of "coupon exchange" or "coupon train" but not a clipping service.

Has anyone ever used one before? Can you explain it to me? What is the best one to use? How much is the service?

Thanks! :)

Any of the major couponing websites will have a link to coupon clipping sites, or you can also find them on ebay. I have never done it - seems like too much hassle to me.

But check couponmom, a fullcup, The Grocery Game, etc. - they usually all have ads for the coupon clipping sites.

You're not actually buying the coupons (which is not legal) but paying for the services of the people who clip them.

This is the wording on most manufacturer's coupons..."Void if Copied, Transferred, Purchased or Sold". So to get around voiding the coupon, these websites are offering their services. You aren't actually paying for the coupon, you are paying them for their service...to clip the coupon.

I use Coupons and Things by Dede for my coupons. It is very easy to use and they accept paypal as well as credit cards and checks for payment. Each coupon or insert has a different "handling fee"(as low as .04 per coupon and as high as $1.15 per insert). Some coupons/inserts have a minimum amount you have to purchase(usually 5). And some have a maximum limit you can purchase. These are usually the most popular coupons. Also, your subtotal(before tax and shipping) must be a minimum of $3.00.

Here are the 2 coupon clipping services I use. I understand you can find coupons on ebay as well. I have never used them though.
http://www.couponsthingsbydede.com/
http://www.thecouponclippers.com/

If you have any other questions, let me know.

Ok this may be a big *duh* to some of you but I just don't get it. Where do these clipping people *get* the coupons that they clip? Do they have an *in* with someone or do they just buy mucho papers? Again, maybe ya'll know but I'm just clueless. (but not the first time LOL)

Because of the wording on coupons I've noticed, especially the P&G coupons, I've been trying to do some reading up.

Now like I said in another post, I'm not the coupon police and it's not a job I want, but once you've been made aware of the "rules" you have to decide for yourself if you want to go that route.

What I've found is this -

"There is no type of legislation that I know of that says this kind of service is illegal. What the FTC says is, "Selling or transferring coupons to a third party violates most manufacturers’ coupon redemption policies – and usually voids the coupon."

Therefore, selling the service or buying from the service does not appear to be illegal, but here is the catch:
The coupons, based on the usage policy, are void and should not be used. Technically by using the coupons you are getting money from the store on something that you know no longer has value."

http://couponing.about.com/od/groceryzone/a/buyingandsellingcoupons.htm

I have no idea where they get them, but if I was to use a service, I really don't care either. I realize they don't sell them for the same face value of the coupon, but I think you could still afford to buy a lot of newspapers for the profit they get from selling their services.

Some people get coupons from neighbors, recycling bins, etc.

I use Dede, too. I have never had a problem. I don't do it all the time, but if I see a good sale coming up at CVS and I want to stock up, I do. A while back, I found boxes of granola bars on sale for $1 at the grocery store, but they were out of stock. Got a rain check, went home, bought a stack of coupons for $1 off 2, got the coupons i the mail even before the store was restocked, and bought 30 boxes for $15, plus the minimal coupon cost.

I use Dede, too. I have never had a problem. I don't do it all the time, but if I see a good sale coming up at CVS and I want to stock up, I do. A while back, I found boxes of granola bars on sale for $1 at the grocery store, but they were out of stock. Got a rain check, went home, bought a stack of coupons for $1 off 2, got the coupons i the mail even before the store was restocked, and bought 30 boxes for $15, plus the minimal coupon cost.
Same for me. I don't do it all the time. Just on items I stock up on. IE, I "bought" 40 $1 off tidy cat coupons. Combined that with a B1G1 free sale at my local grocery store. I spent $44(including coupons) on 40 bags of kitty litter and saved myself $116 on something I would have to buy anyway.

I wouldn't use the service if I only wanted a handful of extra coupons. It's just not worth it to me. I'll just go tot the Dollar store and buy extra Sunday papers.

Oh, and I just wanted to add...I find Dede's service to be pretty fast. If I order on Sunday, I usually have my coupons by Wednesday(from TX to KY).

I do know one person who is 'friends' with someone at our local major paper (the Baltimore sun) and they get TONS of extra coupon inserts from them. They do NOT run a clipping service, but utilize the best coupons from the inserts for themselves.

I have used couponclippersdotcom twice and was pleased. I found though (for me) that our local grocery stores will only let you use 4 or 5 of the same coupon per trip. Unless it is something we use a ton of, it becomes more of a hassle to buy a gazillion of the same exact thing, plus storing it. But that is not what this thread is about....sorry for getting off topic...:rolleyes1

I used to sell coupons and rebate forms. One of my best sources for coupons were food shows. They don't do it here any more and I am not sure if any store do them any more but my big grocery store here used to have a show once a year where all the food companies would hand out freebies, samples and coupons. I would go the last day and ask them if I could have the left over coupons most would agree. I would keep what I needed and sell the others.

I also got friendly with the person that ran my recycling center. She would let me walk into the one for newspaper and as long as I didn't make a mess I could remove all the coupon inserts.

It was a lot of work but I made about $300 a month doing it. The refund forms sold really well but it took a LOT of time.

Lisa

Okay, I took the plunge and tried out the DeeDee's coupon clipping service. Went slow, tried not to order too much...........Let's see if I can put this to good use. :cool1: Deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter