Cosmic Rewind for the Not-So-Brave?

Not long? It’s the longest indoor coaster in the world right now. Space Mountain is over in under 3 minutes, Guardians is almost 4 minutes.

I get motion sickness and I rode it (I took medication and starting chewing on some ginger candy at the start of the ride). It is very smooth, but it is quite intense. It’s the fact that more than one motion is being put on your body at the same time -dips, banking & car rotating. Add the screens and it can overload your brain. I will says you’re stomach doesn’t drop in the ride. I had my eyes closed for much of the ride. I could definitely feel like screens would be too much for me. I did not throw up, but I did need help from my family at the end of the ride and had to take a few minutes to recover. Plus I felt off for another couple hours.

How much of that 4 minutes is rounding the first corner, going up the hill, waiting to launch and then the scene at the end?

Since the backwards launch to going back to the tunnel is about 1 minute and a half.

All new ride experiences feel faster than they are. If you ride the same ride 3 times in a row, it won’t hit you as fast anymore. Your just not use to it.

I haven’t rode guardians yet but if I can deal with the backwards of Everest, I’m sure I can deal with this. I hate the launch of RNRC but that’s only cause the twist gets me

The first time you ride any ride, it can feel intense since you don't know what to expect. After the first ride, it's actually pretty comfortable the way the cars rotate into the curves. As other say, it's a super-smooth ride with beefy, comfy restraints. That being said, it's a bit more "intense" than Space Mountain since some of the "swirling the drain" portions can induce more G's than most rides.
It's now our all-time favorite ride.

The first time you ride any ride, it can feel intense since you don't know what to expect. After the first ride, it's actually pretty comfortable the way the cars rotate into the curves. As other say, it's a super-smooth ride with beefy, comfy restraints. That being said, it's a bit more "intense" than Space Mountain since some of the "swirling the drain" portions can induce more G's than most rides.
It's now our all-time favorite ride.

I thought mine train was intense the first time I rode it.. Then I was like yup not intense

It’s such a smooth ride to Space Mountain if comparing. Space makes me a little sick, it gave me a headache riding it this last trip. The Guardians track in comparison feels long, but the drops aren’t really drops to me, more of a dipping wave or drifts plus it’s smooth. Music is better than the annoying Space Mountain sounds and not the same strobe-like lights. It’s not so dark in Guardians that I can’t pick things out to look at and change views which helps for me to not feel sick. The ride is really fun, I even put my arms up which I don’t do on anything else-especially Space Mountain as in there it’s so dark and tights turns I feel I might lose one if I do.

My oldest is a special case. He hates thrill rides, but only if he can see the outside. He loves RnR, Space, and his exception is 7D. I hope he'll like Guardians, but we'll find out next time we're there, I guess.

Hi!

I need some brutally honest perspectives about Cosmic Rewind. I’m determined to ride it BUT I am sooo anxious about it. What do y’all think about the intensity?

Let me describe my ride style: I love Big Thunder, Test Track, and all simulators (FoP, Star Tours, etc.). I’m not a fan of drops (even the one on Pirates gets me a little). I can tolerate Space Mountain but I honestly don’t really like it. I think I don’t like not being able to see what comes next. I know that Cosmic Rewind is really dark as well but maybe the visuals (that Space Mountain doesn’t have) distract from the fact that you can’t see what’s coming? Does the speed feel more intense than Space Mountain? I’m not concerned about the spinning so much, but I’m a little concerned about the speed paired with the motion intensity. I’m worried about feeling like I want to get off but knowing that I’m stuck for a few minutes. I know how ridiculous that sounds, but I am truly a ride wimp.

I really really really want to try Cosmic Rewind but I am not brave at all. Give it to me straight.

Thank you!
It’s fast, super smooth and really fun. I got myself psyched out to ride it the first and second time and would have kept riding it over and over at least 2 more times if I had the option.

It’s fast, super smooth and really fun. I got myself psyched out to ride it the first and second time and would have kept riding it over and over at least 2 more times if I had the option.
That’s how I feel! I’m so nervous and I’m stressing myself out about it!!!

Ok im just as fearful about riding this as well. I'm not sure I should. I've never rode ROR as I dont like upside-down or the speed so I'm too afraid to try it. I've been on TOT and never again. I had the worst experience ever! I was crying and shaking when I got off. I can do SDD, 7D, Space (even though its not my favorite) , and Everest which also isn't my favorite but I do it for my daughter. Im not afraid of slinky or Big Thunder or FOP. I'm too afraid to try test track or mission space because of the speed as when I went to Universal Hollywood and went on the Mummy ride I was terrified of the speed. So I'm also curious if I'll be too scared to try this one. I don't get motion sickness and spinning doesn't bother me as I can handle the tea cups with no issue.

It is the best and most exciting ride at WDW! I get motion sickness from FOP and a little dizzy after EE . Guardians was worth the slight uncomfortableness. At one point I had to not focus directly on something to help . It was so worth it . I can’t wait to ride it again !

Can we do this? and will take any other “new” (for us) ride advice. We haven’t been in over 10 years, which also means we are even older and now have more troublesome neck and back problems. That being said we are quite fit (bike, hike, swim, etc.), but definitely grey hairs with aches in backs and necks. Here are rides I know we won’t do again:

EE, Mission Space, Rockin, Space, TT, Star Tours

what we will ride: TofT, Big Thunder, Splash, Soarin. We also will ride Rise and MFSR as well as FOP even though we’ve never been on those 3.

where on this spectrum does GoTG fall (and any other comments welcome). Thanks

Can we do this? and will take any other “new” (for us) ride advice. We haven’t been in over 10 years, which also means we are even older and now have more troublesome neck and back problems. That being said we are quite fit (bike, hike, swim, etc.), but definitely grey hairs with aches in backs and necks. Here are rides I know we won’t do again:

EE, Mission Space, Rockin, Space, TT, Star Tours

what we will ride: TofT, Big Thunder, Splash, Soarin. We also will ride Rise and MFSR as well as FOP even though we’ve never been on those 3.

where on this spectrum does GoTG fall (and any other comments welcome). Thanks

We’re older (several years past retirement), probably not as fit as you, and just rode GotG this afternoon. I’m calling it Space Mountain on steroids. We don’t ride Space anymore but only because it’s so hard to get out. GotG is very smooth, but there are points at which you’re going backwards in a banked curve, as in EE but not as fast. No upside down, no jerkiness. We loved it, but again we still ride RnR as well as the ones you still ride (except Soarin’, only because we hate the new version). So I’m not sure how to advise you - maybe try it once?

@CeeCee101 , we finished our 2nd ride not quite an hour ago, and again it’s very smooth. Lots of swooshing movements, swinging around side to side or even 360°. So I think you “can” do it, at least once! FoP is my favorite relaxing ride; GotG is my new favorite fast ride!

I would never go back on Rockin and Space or Everest. Too rough. So you’re saying this is smoother than all those?

This is the best ride on campus for sure. Space mountain is way more scary...not because of the ride itself but because you feel like the whole thing could fall apart on the next turn! This is way more intense but once you let go and enjoy it it really is so much fun. As in most rides it's the lead up that gets you. The long queues in the dark with the ominous lights and sounds don't help the anxiety either. This is just as smooth as Everest and 7DMT if not smoother. I will say there were some pretty big swooshing dips but to me those were the best parts. If you don't like dips with speed it may be something you want to say I'll pass. But the dip feelings were nothing like going over the falls in Splash or a major drop on ToT. I think ToT is way more nerve wracking than this.

Don’t mind dips at all, don’t get scared much on rides. BUT what is an issue is anything that is going to jar necks or backs much. Last time we rode EE felt like part of it was a bit straining on the old bods and we’re now even older by 13 years. Yet I don’t think we will have much issue with Splash or even Big Thunder, overall those are not as whiplash-ing as Rockin and Space which is what we want to avoid. So this sounds fine?

Don’t mind dips at all, don’t get scared much on rides. BUT what is an issue is anything that is going to jar necks or backs much. Last time we rode EE felt like part of it was a bit straining on the old bods and we’re now even older by 13 years. Yet I don’t think we will have much issue with Splash or even Big Thunder, overall those are not as whiplash-ing as Rockin and Space which is what we want to avoid. So this sounds fine?
DH and I agree that yes, GotG is smoother than RnR and didn’t jar our necks or backs. He said “it’s kind of like Seven Dwarfs but more movement.” No jarring stop like on EE.

Just did it twice in a row. Probably wouldn’t do that again but loved it. Reminded me of a smoother space mountain with no jerkiness. Lots of dips and twists and turns. Fantastic ride.

Yet I don’t think we will have much issue with Splash or even Big Thunder, overall those are not as whiplash-ing as Rockin and Space which is what we want to avoid.
I call it Big Whiplash Mountain for a reason...only coaster I come off thinking I need a chiropractor. GotG is so smooth you won't even realize you're on a track. Heck even MnMRR had my head jerking around way more. And don't get me started on Dinosaur...if you've ever done that it's as rough as rough gets. No no if you're ok with dips and speed and dark then this is by far the best ride. Smooth as buttah.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter