Coronavirus and DCL Megathread - Suspension of Departures for the fleet until early November. Booking only available from early December.

Ugh, we are booked on the 9 nine southern Caribbean cruise in late June. After all of this, I would just like a refund. Before this pandemic is over, we could probably really use the money if we aren’t getting the vacation.

We just had another press conference, our intelligent lockdown is still untill 28 April, they didn't say it, but between the lines you can read that it will take longer.
If it's possible to start early May to go back to normal, it will go gradually. And going back to normal will take a while.
Our government is looking into an app to help detecting if you have been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed and a second app to monitor your own condition and be in contact with a doctor. It's similar to what some Asian countries have, like Singapore have. Biggest issue: Our privacy laws.

One of our nearby cities just closed all non essential spaces (museums, arts centers, recreation) until September 30. I’m in AZ so I think I really thought the summer heat would help us! What can live when it’s 115 out? My daughter was set to have her Dance Recital at the arts center in mid June.

We are on the July 1 Dream. I’d been sorta 50/50 on whether it’d sail... but this new development at home makes me more doubtful

I was happy to hear from DCL today, we were on the 6/22 Alaska sailing. We were offered 125% or full refund. I would love to use the 125% for next year but the prices are crazy. Even w/ 125% I'd be looking at an additional $8,000 out of pocket for a Greece cruise and $5,000 for Alaska. DH thinks we should just do a refund, which is probably what we will do.

There’s always a chance the future rates could come down (or KSF rates come out) if the virus/recession influences cruising. I too would have a really hard time rebooking at those high prices.

If I was cancelling a cruise and taking the FCC, I'd definitely not be rebooking right now. They know massive amounts of people have 125% and are looking to rebook immediately. That's the exact scenario where you get inflated prices. Sit on it a while. Prices will start coming down.

If I was cancelling a cruise and taking the FCC, I'd definitely not be rebooking right now. They know massive amounts of people have 125% and are looking to rebook immediately. That's the exact scenario where you get inflated prices. Sit on it a while. Prices will start coming down.

That's only feasible for those with flexibility on when they can travel. If you are limited by when you can travel and DCL is limited by only having 4 ships, there is a chance that some sailings may sell out. Obviously, that's assuming there are still plenty of people willing to cruise in the near future.

Plus, even if the prices do come down, while you might not need to reach into your pocket for more cash, you won't receive any difference back. I guess you will end up with tons of OBC to try out amenities you never thought you would before.

LAX

That's only feasible for those with flexibility on when they can travel. If you are limited by when you can travel and DCL is limited by only having 4 ships, there is a chance that some sailings may sell out. Obviously, that's assuming there are still plenty of people willing to cruise in the near future.

Plus, even if the prices do come down, while you might not need to reach into your pocket for more cash, you won't receive any difference back. I guess you will end up with tons of OBC to try out amenities you never thought you would before.

LAX

Is there an expiration date on the FCC? If not, or if its over a year, that should alleviate most of the flexibility issue.

As for on board credit, I've never ended a cruise with leftover. I usually owe quite a bit. Definitely over 25% of the cruise fare.

Is there an expiration date on the FCC? If not, or if its over a year, that should alleviate most of the flexibility issue.

As for on board credit, I've never ended a cruise with leftover. I usually owe quite a bit. Definitely over 25% of the cruise fare.

From what I have read, people are given 15 months to rebook (I think sailing must start within 15 months, not book within 15 months for a sailing outside of that window). So, if people can only travel during spring for whatever reasons, it's only available once next year. That's not factoring people who are already booked on those sailings before this mess.

LAX

From what I have read, people are given 15 months to rebook (I think sailing must start within 15 months, not book within 15 months for a sailing outside of that window). So, if people can only travel during spring for whatever reasons, it's only available once next year. That's not factoring people who are already booked on those sailings before this mess.

LAX

So those are the people who take the refund. I said if i was taking the FCC. If you know you can't go, you wouldn't take the FCC.

We are on the May 9th cruise.... Waitng for the cancelation so that I can get the 125% credit. Even with that- if I transfer to the same cruise in July - same room- 2 people, it will be $1000 out of pocket more--seems nuts but we migh do it anyway. After looking forward to it for so long and knowing we cannot cuise next year, the July cruise seems like a real possiblity ( even though it's really hard to swallow).
Not sure if it works for your schedule, but have you looked at August? Yes there is a bit more of a hurricane risk, especially later in the month, but even mid-August was MUCH cheaper than July.

LAX
This is correct. The new cruise has to sail within 15 months of the original cruise date.

According to the Dutch national news, Spain is working on a plan to ban all foreigners for visiting Spain this summer, and encouraging its citizens to spend the summer vacation in Spain.
The source is the Spanish newspaper ABC, but I do not speak enough Spanish to find the article.

If this plan is coming together, then all Med-cruises stopping in Spanish ports will be cancelled or altered for sure.
However, I think if Spain is going to do it, I wouldn't be surprised if Italy and maybe France will follow.

According to the Dutch national news, Spain is working on a plan to ban all foreigners for visiting Spain this summer, and encouraging its citizens to spend the summer vacation in Spain.
The source is the Spanish newspaper ABC, but I do not speak enough Spanish to find the article.

If this plan is coming together, then all Med-cruises stopping in Spanish ports will be cancelled or altered for sure.
However, I think if Spain is going to do it, I wouldn't be surprised if Italy and maybe France will follow.
Would be interesting to see what DLP will do with the AP's if the park is open, but foreigners are discouraged to visit France...

As of yesterday, the CDC extended the "No Sail Order" from 30-120 days. No cruises will sail until at least mid-June at this point.
Cruise Ship Guidance | Quarantine | CDC

www.cdc.gov
www.cdc.gov

I don't see in that link where the CDC extends the No Sail Order. I only see an update of March 14th which states 30 days. I also tried a Google search and could not find anything about extending it to 120 days.

As of yesterday, the CDC extended the "No Sail Order" from 30-120 days. No cruises will sail until at least mid-June at this point.
Cruise Ship Guidance | Quarantine | CDC

www.cdc.gov
www.cdc.gov

I don't see in that link where the CDC extends the No Sail Order. I only see an update of March 14th which states 30 days. I also tried a Google search and could not find anything about extending it to 120 days.

That's weird. It was, literally, just there when I clicked on it about 30 minutes ago . . .

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/index.html

I checked the website and their social media pages. This has NOT been updated, please provide an official link to this this information

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter