Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staying Thanksgiving week at CSR and no convention scheduled. I'm thinking that's a good thing (less people at the resort who are not Disney addicted...) but does CSR scale down services when there's no convention? For example, shorter pool hours, etc..

Conventions do not affect hours or services.

DisneyFamily123 said:
Staying Thanksgiving week at CSR and no convention scheduled. I'm thinking that's a good thing (less people at the resort who are not Disney addicted...) but does CSR scale down services when there's no convention? For example, shorter pool hours, etc..

Even though there may not be one listed on here doesn't mean there isn't one being held.
None were listed for our days this past week but there was actually 2 going on and we did notice the influx of people on those days.

Hi everyone

I am going to be at CSR November 14-22. :goodvibes First timer at any moderate resort so I have a few questions. Trying to figure out the shipping situation. I know it has been said there is a charge for UPS/Fed Ex packages to be delivered. I believe they also said USPS was free. I may be shipping a box down, so that is good information to have. Is there a different address you have to ship things to through the USPS?

Also, I was planning on using Garden Grocer for some items. Is there a charge by CSR for this service also or just the delivery fee from Garden Grocer? Does anyone know how far in advance you need to order? With the fridge situation, I am concerned about ordering refrigerated food/drinks. I would like to know if there are working refrigerators before I order.

I know these questions have probably been asked but I dug through the posts and I couldnt find them. Sorry if this is a recent repeat.

thanks!!

Even though there may not be one listed on here doesn't mean there isn't one being held.
None were listed for our days this past week but there was actually 2 going on and we did notice the influx of people on those days.

Very true.. However I really do not see there being any conventions TG week. It's highly unlikely.

I can tell you that my husband will probably be making a run to Dunkin every morning. That is one of the reasons we must have a rental car. He can't survive on WDW coffee. He needs his Dunkin.

I think being in Mass. no other coffee can compare. When you are used to Dunks, its the only thing you can run on! We always drive and i plan which cash station we go to when they have dunks to get too.

I think being in Mass. no other coffee can compare. When you are used to Dunks, its the only thing you can run on! We always drive and i plan which cash station we go to when they have dunks to get too.

We have a Dippin Donut near us and GASP sometimes their coffee is better than Dunkin. I think they have "New England" or something like that.
I flip flop between coffee and tea. It all depends on the time of year and where I am and how I feel. Honestly I think it's the "extra cream" I'm addicted to in the coffee.
Nothing worse than a strong coffee that is bitter and messes up the cream.
Or even worse BURNT.:eek:

I was looking at the Pepper Market menu on Allears.net for breakfast the adult platter says 2 eggs...are these scrambled or made to order? My mom who will be with us doesn't like scrambled eggs and that seems to be disney's go to way to prepare! Lol

We booked a king water view, and got a Cabanas room, ground floor corner, it was PERFECT. Close to the main building, close to the dig site. Couldn't have been happier. And the view was AWESOME>

What building were you in? We didn't book a water view, just "preferred." I believe it said any view was possible...

If you booked a preferred king room, you will have a room with a king bed located in a preferred building. Preferred buildings are 1, 2 and 3 and are considered preferred because they are close to the food court, bus stop and gift shop.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/cspringsmap.htm

Thanks so much for the info. Very helpful. I really haven't done much research at all about CSR. It is probably the resort I know least about, and now it looks like we may be staying there soon! I chose it over CBR because posted bus transport times are generally less than the busses from CBR. POR and POFQ are full for our dates, as are all the monorail resorts. Right now we have ressies at WL and CSR and trying to decide which we should keep. This thread makes me think we'd be very happy at CSR even though it's a moderate resort. And then we can save some money! For more Disney food! :lmao:

So, we are booked for Christmas at CSR, now the big question as I'm on page 33 of this thread and still am unsure, so I'll ask the question. Do you get charged 10% for tip when eating in the Pepper Market? We will have a dining plan.

So, we are booked for Christmas at CSR, now the big question as I'm on page 33 of this thread and still am unsure, so I'll ask the question. Do you get charged 10% for tip when eating in the Pepper Market? We will have a dining plan.

When you're on the DDP it doesn't get charged automatically. You leave a cash tip on the table. I usually left $5, they seemed happy with that.

Hi all! I'm going to CSR next week and was wondering if anyone has been there within the past week or if anyone is going now...have they installed the new refillable mug system there yet? I'll just admit it, I am going to bring my mugs from February but don't want to lug them down there if I can't use them. (Not looking for debate about the honesty of this please.) I'm going down for my wedding planning session (getting married in Feb at WDW).
Thanks!

When you're on the DDP it doesn't get charged automatically. You leave a cash tip on the table. I usually left $5, they seemed happy with that.

With regards to tipping, I have a tip :-)laughing:)...we used cash for just about all our tips. We would be sure to write CASH on the tip line on the receipt. This way, you protect yourself from an untrustworthy server writing in their own amount therefore increasing their tip, which you would not find out about until you receive your total bill upon checkout. Sure, you could fight it, but who wants to deal with that on their checkout day?

You hate to think that someone would do that, but it has happened. Never just leave the line blank.

We are booked but DH wants to change to a different resort. My travel agent asked the question about tipping and was told, "no there is no tipping at Pepper Market".

We are booked but DH wants to change to a different resort. My travel agent asked the question about tipping and was told, "no there is no tipping at Pepper Market".

Wow this is odd. To do it or not!!!
I was hoping to use my Disney Rewards Dollars for extras and tipping. Wonder if that would work.
But I see how the DP can make that weird and the cash is a good idea. However I always wonder if the tip got to the server or did some one walk by and take it.

If you are on the dining plan Pepper Market is a great value and more upscale than other places that only take QS credits. The plus side of PM is they seat you like a TS restaurant so no scrambling for a table like other quick service places, they bring your drinks/refills, and they bus the tables so you don't have to clean up after. In return they expect a small tip, about half what you would tip at a TS place. I find some of the food offerings to be a little more upscale than counter service as well. CSR is a beautiful resort don't switch because of PM. This year will be our 3rd Christmas at CSR!:thumbsup2

Wow this is odd. To do it or not!!!
I was hoping to use my Disney Rewards Dollars for extras and tipping. Wonder if that would work.
But I see how the DP can make that weird and the cash is a good idea. However I always wonder if the tip got to the server or did some one walk by and take it.

Because they move a lot more people through than a table service, they bus the table almost immediately when you get up to leave. There would be very little opportunity for someone to steal the tip.

Hi all! I'm going to CSR next week and was wondering if anyone has been there within the past week or if anyone is going now...have they installed the new refillable mug system there yet? I'll just admit it, I am going to bring my mugs from February but don't want to lug them down there if I can't use them. (Not looking for debate about the honesty of this please.) I'm going down for my wedding planning session (getting married in Feb at WDW).
Thanks!

if you are on the FD plan you can refill the mugs at PM and at the dig site eating area :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter